Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: CP's Journey to the next level

Paul: In the longterm I'd like to be 195 @ 8%. I'm not that far from there, but need 10lbs of muscle.

Notes: So I went and got adjusted at the chiro today. Back feels much better. He said I was a mess and should have come in last week. He is a lifter. He used to workout out with my last w.o partner. I told him I gave squats a go again. He said squats are awesome mass builders, but tough on the body, and especially when you have back issues like me. He doesn't want me to stop lifting. We have had this conversation a number of times. He wants me to lift smart and be healthy. I agree. I started day one of the summer diet today. Trace carbs today. Trace carbs tomorrow as well. As of Saturday I had lost 10lbs in 9 days. Damn fast metabolism and that was w/o any dieting.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Are you going to ditch squats and full deads for now? I wouldn't blame you if you did and there are still plenty of options available with what we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Are you going to ditch squats and full deads for now? I wouldn't blame you if you did and there are still plenty of options available with what we are doing.
    Yes and yes. The squats bug me more than deads. I arch more on squats which seems to toss the back out of whack. I'll be going higher on rep ranges and selecting exercises that are easier on my lower back.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Notes: Back is still ****ed. Feels tight as hell. I was planning on down lower body cruise today, but it wasn't for it. I did some biceps then cardio on the elliptical for 30mins. I was surprised my weight was 187 today despite little carbs in the past 2 day. As this was a workout day I had some carbs pre/post workout. Got around 200g of carbs. I wasn't planning on that high. Tomorrow is low carbs again. Friday is moderate carbs (same as today) and then refeed during the weekend. New semester of school started tonight. Business Law prof seems pretty cool.
    My Journal

Did a few bicep/foream exercises yesterday. Did 30 mins on the eliptical yesterday/today. very low intensity. I didn't even sweat today. Weekend was a carb refeed day. About 1000g in the past 2 days. Weight was 189 today. Means I didn't really drop any weight this week which is good. Hopefully a couple weeks and I'll see some fat loss, but hope the weight is still around the same as now.
    My Journal

Good luck at school...too bad the back plight is hanging around.

Cocoa: Thanks man. It's frustrating.

DC Upper A:
    Decline Bench: 185*36
    ->I was aiming for 20-30. Didn't know I'd get 20 on the first set...

Lat Raise: 35*20 RP

Close Grip Smith: 185*26 RP

Rack Chins: +25*24 RP

Cybex High Rows: 1pps+25ps*13
    ->I did these not holding the handles, but the frame of the machine. Saw someone do this recently in a video (can't remember who...). With the handles I get no stretch at the end. These let me stretch. Felt pretty good.

Notes: No weigh in. I'll probably weigh in during the weekend refeeds. Maybe once during midweek (probably Wednesdays) just to see my fluctuations. Energy really crashed during close grip. Got a 2nd wind for back. My knees were bugging me today, so skipped cardio. Might go in and do it tomorrow. Can't decide...

I was supposed to meet this girl from work that I go to school with for brunch on Sunday. She wanted to celebrate the end of our first semester with drinks. I thought a one-on-one at a bar could be weird, so suggested mimosas over brunch. Literally 5 mins before I was going to walk out the door she cancelled. She said she was sick as heck all weekend and hadn't even left the apartment. Asked for a rain check. We have a class again together again this semester. I was bummed, but understand if she was sick. I'll give her one more chance.
    My Journal

How did the rack chins feel this time around?

hi cp, haven't been on in a long time. just checking in to see how you're doing.

ybw

DC Lower A:
    Cybex Preacher: 110*16 RP
    Pins: 50*13 SS
    Leg Press Calf: 2pps+25ps*10 SS
    Sumo Leg Press: 1pps+25ps*40 RP
    Overhead Squats: bar*8, 8
    ->did these more for core strength than quad

DC Upper B:
    BB Bench: 185*23 RP
    ->pinned under the bar on the last set! Need to learn when to stop w/o a spotter. Luckily not too heavy and rolled it down to my waist and stood up.
    HS Shoulder: 1pps+25ps*33 RP
    Dips: +50*23 RP
    ->since I'm going light and higher reps I decided to put these back in the mix
    Nautilus Pulldowns: 140*30 RP
    ->these are new. The figure girl does them and has a better back than me, so figured give em a shot. Hit the back at a different angle. Ok machine.
    Strive Machine Row: 150*15 SS

DC Lower B:
    DB Curl: 50*14 RP
    Cable Wrist Curl: 80*10 SS
    ->too heavy
    Standing Calf: 240*11 SS
    ->lack of carbs kill me on the calf work. Tire fast
    Seated Ham Curl: 125*20 RP
    ->this machine sucks. Not my usual. Not a lot of ham options at my gym. DOn't want to do them lying. I curl my back too much.
    Squat Press: 5pps*15, 4pps*20 SS

DC Upper C:
    HS Bench: 2pps*27 RP
    Cybex Shoulder: 100*25 RP
    Reverse Smith: 185*25 RP
    ->some guy came over and asked me about these. Gave him an explanation. Right or wrong, he bought it!
    Pulldowns: 160*23 RP
    Iso Row: 2+25ps*14 SS

Notes: Weight today was 186, but I have been very dehydrated. Been around 187 for the most part, so not down much considering the bulik. I will monitor for the next week and make adjustments.

Been MIA because I moved yesterday. My 3rd roommate moved out. The other guy and I moved accross the hall to a 2br. New place is much smaller (but same rent) but we have a balcony with a view of NYC. Decent enough place. Still pretty damn expensive. As a result of the move I cheated pretty bad yesterday. Supposed to be a low carb day. I wound up having a sub and a burger. I need the cals. I was carrying and moving **** for 11 hours. Figure I burned it right off. I am normally strict and don't cheat. This isn't a usual occurrence. Back on track today.
    My Journal

Joey: They were good this time. Think I found the right groove. Didn't bug my bicep at all.

YBW: Good to see you man. Doing ok.
    My Journal

Great update...wish you the best in your new place and with everything in general bro.

DC Lower C:
    Drag Curl: 75*21

Hammer: 50*11

Seated Calf Raise: 65*7->65*1->55*1
    ->started too heavy.

Notes: After that I tried to do some leg extensions but my knee was screaming with pain. I called it quits. Diet is going ok. I had a bbq to go to yesterday. I had a bunch of beers (there is carbs in there yesterday right?). I brough 93% lean so my fat intake would remain low. Woke up this morning and was puking my guts out. Had one meal. About to go eat again.

Starting to lean out a bit. Couple more weeks and I shouls see decent changes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Journal

Looking good in the pics CP. What do you think your bf is at right now?
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Coming into your own more and more, props on the added size.

Sid: Thanks man. I have no idea, too high!

Coke: Thanks Terry.

DC Upper C:

HS Bench: 2pps+5ps*25(+10lb, -2 reps)

Cybex Shoulders: 105*27 (+5lb, +2 reps)

Reverse Grip: 190*5->155*26
    ->the normal smith I use was taken. This one has no counter weight, so it was too heavy to get through the whole set.

Pulldowns: 170*22 (+10, -1 rep)

Iso Rows: 2pps+35ps*15 (+20lb, +1 rep)

Notes: Not sure my current weight. I was 184 on Wednesday after a couple days of low carbs. Normally bounce up about 5lbs on the weekend. I've been a bit MIA recently. I'm taking classes two nights a week. Coupled with work that has made me very busy. I've slacked off on posting in here (but not in the gym). If I get some time tonight I'll go back and post in the previous 2 workouts.

I spent Memorial day in Boston at the NCAA Lax Championships. My brother's alma mater was playing. They wound up making the final but losing a heartbreaking game in OT. Everyone there couldn't get over the shape I was in. Some of these kids haven't seen me since I was 13 or 14. My brother is a bigger guy than me, but not in as good of shape. People kept telling him that if he looked like me in college he could have been an all-American. His former teammates are trying to recruit me to play in a summer tournament with them. Another buddy asked if I had interest in playing in a summer league on Long Island. My interest is piqued. I could use some competition in my life. Not sure how my back or knees would handle it. I did a bit of running yesterday. I did a mile after my usual 30mins on the elliptical. Wasn't too bad. I can normally get my cardio back quickly.

Heading into the city shortly to hang out with the girl I've had a couple date with. It's beautiful out in NYC, so I think we are going to grab some food and go hang out in Central Park.
    My Journal

Central Park is awesome, I used to go there regularly when visiting my folks.

Great to be on the receiving end of compliments, I get quite a few of them myself here and there.

Cocoa: The girls at the park were unreal! I'm sure you get your share!

DC Lower A:
    Cybex Preacher Curls: 115*18 (same, +2 reps)

Pins: 55lb*10 (same, +3 reps)

Leg Press Calf Raise: 2pps+25ps*8->1pps+25ps*2
    -> I said last week I need to drop the weight a bit here...maybe next time.

Sumo Leg Press: 2pps*50
    ->these felt pretty damn good. Got a burst of energy on the last set.

Overhead Squats: 55*8/8
    ->I look like a girl right now, so doing girly stuff. Actually just trying to give my back a bit of a break and use this as core strengthening.

Notes: Weight was 184 today. I tend to drop 5 lbs once the carbs get lowered. I am not too pleased with my fat loss. I feel a bit leaner at the same weight, so that's good. I am going to give it another 2 weeks. Cardio will be increased a little. If things don't improve then I will consider going down from 200g of carbs on w/o days down to about 150. Then lower if needed. I am trying to hold on to as much muscle as possible.
    My Journal

DC Upper A:
    Decline Bench: 200*25 (+5lb, -6 reps)
    ->weak weak weak

Lat Raise: 35*27 (same, +5 reps)

Smith Close Grip: 195*22 (+5lb, -3 reps)

Rack Pullups: +40*24 (+5lb, -1 rep)

Hammer High Row: 1pps+35ps*10 (+20lb, -2 reps)

Notes: Shouldn't have weighed in tonight. Depressing weight on the scale. I had to get into work at 6:30 this morning. Had to stay until almost 8pm. Bad bad stressful day. Went to the Yanks game last night and didn't get home until midnight. Not surprised that I had a bad workout today.

I had to wait for a long time for the smith machine. Some joker was doing set after set of squats with 135. He didn't unrack the weights either. Jackass. Saw him in the locker room and he was jacked and sliced. Damn genetics. He slammed into some big older guy in the locker room. Didn't even attempt to move out of the way. The older guy looked like he was going to kick his ass. The older guy walked away say "everyone's a **** (rhymes with bunt) over and over. It was pretty funny (and weird).
    Last edited by cphafner; 06-03-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    DC Upper A:
    Decline Bench: 200*25 (+5lb, -6 reps)
    ->weak weak weak

Lat Raise: 35*27 (same, +5 reps)

Smith Close Grip: 195*22 (+5lb, -3 reps)

Rack Pullups: +40*24 (+5lb, -1 rep)

Hammer High Row: 1pps+35ps*10 (+20lb, -2 reps)

Notes: Shouldn't have weighed in tonight. Depressing weight on the scale. I had to get into work at 6:30 this morning. Had to stay until almost 8pm. Bad bad stressful day. Went to the Yanks game last night and didn't get home until midnight. Not surprised that I had a bad workout today.

I had to wait for a long time for the smith machine. Some joker was doing set after set of squats with 135. He didn't unrack the weights either. Jackass. Saw him in the locker room and he was jacked and sliced. Damn genetics. He slammed into some big older guy in the locker room. Didn't even attempt to move out of the way. The older guy looked like he was going to kick his ass. The older guy walked away say "everyone's a **** (rhymes with bunt) over and over. It was pretty funny (and weird).
    Stay with it CP, it does suck when you see someone that it looks easy for though.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Once you get the chance to build back up the eating habits, you'll be good to go again towards the big 200.

Bill: No worries. I have decent genetics that keep me lean. Nothing this guy had.

Cocoa: Thanks man. We'll see how I feel in the fall.

DC Lower B:

DB Curl: 50*16 (same, same)
    ->might drop down to 45 next time and work in a higher rep range. Might give 50's one more go.

Wrist Curls: 70*12->50*5 (same, +3 reps)
    ->wanted to get a little higher in the rep range, so dropped for a few extra reps

Seated Calf: 45lb*11 (-10lb, +3 reps)
    ->just a 45lb, but felt pretty good. Maybe time to bump it back up.

Seathed Ham Curls: 125*30 (same, +10 reps)

Squat Press: 5+10*15, 4p+10*20 (+10 on each, same reps)
    ->both very tough

Notes: Weight is getting real low on low carb days. Touched 181-182 yesterday. I'll way in tomorrow after 2 days of carbing up and I'm sure I'll be back around 187-188.

Have a date tonight. I asked the girl where she wanted to go. She picked a restaurant but was bummed she couldn't get a reservation. The restaurant happens to be owned a group of guys that I know. How in the world out of 2000 restaurants in NYC did she pick the one I have a hookup in. Emailed one of the guys and he gave us a primetime 8pm reservation. I look like a pimp. The girl is blown away. Going to be a pricey dinner though! It'll be $150-200 depending on how much wine we drink. Hopefully my buddy tosses a free bottle at us!
    My Journal

CP coming through like Henry Hill!

Enjoy that date sucka. Looking good in those pics bro. What would you guess your BF % to be at? Any chance I can convince you to compete with me this fall? The shows are 20 and 22 weeks out as of today. INBF and OCB NYS natty champs. Dooo eeeeeeeett Pimp!!!!! Even just for fun.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Gettin a lil vajayjay via connections. I like it. Your boy end up tossing in a free bottle for y'all or what?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.