Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: CP's Journey to the next level

Joey: Haha, I got to go in thru the front door, but it was pretty damn smooth.

Paul: No shot. My legs wouldn't be competitive with the fitness girl. Just not in the cards right now. I've leaned out a bit, but still a ways to go. Maybe around 12% right now.

Chubs: Nope. None of the owners I knew were there. Cost me $160. Took over as the priciest date I've ever had. I would not do this for some random girl. This girl is on the verge of being my first gf in 5 years. Dated plenty, but haven't committed to any. There won't be another date like this for a while. Next weekend we are going to a bbq festival. $8 a plate. We both work hard and make decent money. I'm not a big spender like this normally, but we both deserved a nice night on the town.
    Last edited by cphafner; 06-07-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Good to see you are balancing things out pretty well with everything you have on your plate right now.

Joey: Trying my best! Thanks man.

DC Upper B:
    BB Bench: 190*21 (+5lb, same)

HS Shoulder Press: 1+35ps*32 (+10lb, same)

Dips: +55*23 (+5lb, -1 rep)
    ->really tired on these today

Nautilus Pulldown: 160*24 (+5lb, same)

Strive Row: 160*13 (+5, ???)

Notes: Weight was 183. Didn't weigh in this weekend, so not sure what I rebounded to after my carb up. I still feel like I haven't dropped any fat since I started my "cut". I'm sure I'm leaner, but I don't feel it.

Had some weird compliments today. A homeless guy called me big guy. My chiro asked me if I was on the juice. He couldn't believe I was down almsot 10lbs. One of the guys at my office said I better be working out my legs as much as my arms. I guess I still look ok. Dieting messes with the head.
    Last edited by cphafner; 06-08-2009 at 08:45 PM.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Dieting is definitely a mind ****. You feel smaller and weaker due to decreased glycogen stores. But hey, if you can get past that mental block and push through it the proof of the efforts will be in the pudding.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Paul: You got that right.

DC Lower C:
    Drag Curl: 75*22 (same, +1 rep)

Hammer Curls: 55*9 (+5lb, -2 reps)

V Squat Calf Raise: 2pps*12
    ->didn't like these, but had little options at this location

Pull Thrus: 80*20

Cybex Hack Squats: 120*20, 140*20

Notes A lot of different exercises tonight. I did these at the location near school. Hate this location. I had a midterm, so I didn't want to be late which was why I went here. This location is 2 blocks from school. The other is about 12 blocks away. My back is throbbing today. Time for a cruise. Going to take next week off. Also going to step up the dieting a bit. Going to drop 50g of carbs from my workout days. Body comp hasn't changed in the past 2 weeks.
    My Journal

DC Upper Cruise:

Nothing crazy. Some light incline, dips, DB presses, and rows. I think my volume is too high on these workouts. I don't come anywhere near failure, but should do less imo.

Notes: Weight was 184. Ate kinda bad this weekend. Went to BBQ festival yesterday and had a pulled pork sandwich and a beer. Then went for tapas with the new girl. Had a ton of sangria. Came home and had a ton more wine. I was hungover at work today.

Ran into the figure girl at the gym today. She is 1 week out of her show. She looks sick. Sliced up and down. She is totally humble too. Very cool girl. Works her ass of. I really hope she does well. Her trainer (PJ Braun) posted some pics on MD.com

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=64022
    My Journal

Always managing to stay on track no matter what is going on...nice to get out and enjoy life too.

Cocoa: Thanks man.

DC Upper A:
    Incline Smith: 205*20
    ->placed back in this blast

Lat Raise: 35*25 (same, -2 reps)
    not sure why these felt so heavy. Maybe it was the incline tiring out my front delts a bit.

Close Grip: 200*22 (+5, same reps)

Rack Pullups: +45*24 (+5, same)

Hammer Low Row: 1ps+35ps*14 (same, +2 reps)

Notes: No weight today. Had a busy weekend. Went to a Mets game on Friday night. Went to the US Open on Saturday. Bars on Saturday night. Father's day brunch on Sunday. Diet was ok given all that, but a bit higher in fat than I would like for a refeed. Had an impromntu date with the new girl tonight. Still going pretty well.

The girl from the gym did JR USAs this weekend. She didn't place in the top 15 of her class. I disagreed with her placing. I disagreed with a lot of the placings. She looked great. I hope she wasn't bummer. She is a cool girl and worked her butt off. She'll do better next time! She was ripped. Made me feel fat. I did a lot of cardio last need during my cruise. Think I got in 5 sessions. Planning for 3-4 cardio sessions this week.
    My Journal

DB Curl: 50*17 (same, +1 rep)

Pinwheels: (-5lb, -2 reps)
    ->arms were exhausted from the DB curls.

Seated Leg Curls: 130*30
    ->I hate this machine. Whoever designed it deserves to be punched in the face. It's not like the cybex machine where the support pad locks in on your thighs. This has a pad that goes behind your ankles and another in front. ******ed, but it is easy on my back and that's why I am using it.

Leg Press Calf Raise: 2+10*8 (-15, same)
    ->needed to come down a bit on these this week.

Close Stance Leg Press: 4pps*15, 4pps+25*8
    ->put these back in so I can try to train with somewhat heavy weights. Going to add 50 on each set for next time.

Notes: Didn't weigh in. I have decided that even though I am doing wussy leg exercises, I am going to bring the pain. My legs are grossly skinny right now. Need to make up for lack of squats with blinding intensity. Did a pretty good job yesterday. I was dreading the walk up the stairs out of the gym after this.

I got this all done in about 35 mins. I was in a crappy mood. My manager kept me at work later than I needed to be because he was kind of taking his sweet ass time checking some of my work. I was annoyed and it forced me to rush my workout before running to class. I'm doing my best to balance all these different aspects of my life.
    My Journal

Damn man, looks like you got a full plate...I give ya credit for still bustin ur ass in the gym as tough as some aspects in life make it.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

Keeping everything in check all at once can be difficult but you get it done...good job with the swift effort.
    Last edited by Coke; 06-26-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Cocoa and Gabe: Thanks fellas. Doing my best. Things aren't going to slow down any time soon, so I'll just try to keep at it!

DC Upper B:
    Decline BB: 205*23
    ->I had more on each set, but was afraid of getting pinned.

HS Shoulder: 2pps*27

Dips: +55*25
    ->eeked out a few more than in the last blast.

V grip Pulldown: 170*20

Strive Row Machine: 160*14

Notes: Decent session. Good place to move on from here.

DC Lower B:
    Cybex Preacher Curls: 110*17
    ->Nice tough negatives and hold on the last set.

Cable Wrist Curl: 70*10
    ->this doesn't seem to be an exercise that I'll make gains on...

Seated Calf: 55*10
    ->tough set

Sumo Leg Press: 2pps*40

Front Squat: 95*10, 115*8
    ->did these on a sort of squat machine. Moves like a free weight. Just getting used to them. Nothing heavy, but considering I hadn't done squats in a while even the light weight was tough. Went as deep as I could.

Notes: Weight was 180 on the dot. Touched 178 the other day. Dropping more weight than I would like. Starting to lean out a bit, but not enough imo. I think I'd be 165-170 to be lean. I was reading an interesting conversation on professionalmuscle the other day. One of the trainers said people complain that people lose too much muscle while cutting, but he said they didn't have the muscle to begin with. That's where I am. Going from 190-180 I probably didn't lose that much muscle. I probably only have a solid 165 or so on my frame and then filled it out with fat and water.
    My Journal

Do you have a bf % goal for this cut, or a bodyweight goal?

Way to keep training even with the dip**** manager keeping you late.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Sid: Nah. Just leaning out and screwing around.

Drag Curls: 65*28 RP
    ->obviously too light.
    Video

Hammers: 50*10 SS
    Video

Standing Calf: 240*12 SS

Pull Thru: 80*23 RP
    ->prefer to do these lighter
    Video

Squat Press: 6pps*9, 5pps*13 SS
    ->the 5 plates was too heavy for a widow maker, but I'll get more reps next time.
    Video

Notes: Haven't weighed in, somewhere around 180. I went to a roofdeck in queens yesterday to hang out. Got some sun, too much sun! I am crispy. The host, my friend Liz, was my tan girl at my show and she said I looked pretty good. I'll take it.

Went to a buddies place in Weehawken last night for the Macy's fireworks. Three of the barges were right out from of his place. It was sick.

I took my camera in yesterday. I was one of the few people in the gym at 9am on July 4th. Pretty empty. Some new trainer was following me around and watching my every move. Luckily he left me alone.
    Last edited by cphafner; 07-05-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    My Journal

Way to get most of your workout on video.

Joey: I got it all, but some wasn't on a good angle.

DC Upper A:

Smith Incline:225*17 (+20, -3 reps)

Lat Raise: 40*21 (+5, -4 reps)
    ->these suckers felt heavy. A small jump makes a big difference.

Smith Close Grip: 205*18 (+5, -4 reps)
    ->was tiring

Rack Pullups: +55*25 (+10, +1 rep)
    ->damn these were tough

Cybex High Row: 2pps*10 (+20, -5)
    ->was dead from pullups

Notes: Weight was......light. Saw the figure girl in the gym today. Holy ****. She has better conditioning than anyone on this site, maybe ever. Sick. Ripped. I was jealous. Her upper body looks insane. Her lower body looks great, but she has purposly kept it less lean. She said she got feedback from her last show that she was too muscular for figure. She was in the last callout of 40 girls. Girl looked sick! Judges suck. Someone told her that she thought maybe they forgot about her because there were so many girls. Hopefully she does better at NA's. She's a real sweet girl. Works her butt off.

So had a bit of a crazy weekend. I added an extra carb up day in the mix because of the holiday. Went to Yankee stadium on Thursday and they warned my buddies we were going to get tossed. She we were meatheads using too much foul language. Family in front of us security about us. I told them they sucked. I'm a very calm kid. To get under my skin you really have to try. My brother said it best. Tell them they were in da ****ing Bronx!

Saturday went to a friend's roof deck for a bbq. I got some sun. Too much sun! So burnt. She posted a picture on facebook. I look like crap. No where near lean enough and too skinny. Went to a buddies place to watch the Macy's display. It was on the Jersey side this year. It was awesome. The new girl stayed at my place for the first time this weekend. She gave me a ridiculous hickey. Guys at work gave me hell today.
    My Journal

Liking those vids dude, props on the new companion -

I notice you do BB bench with your DC training. The dude that invented the system (Dante) I think is always going off on how he doesn't want his guys doing that. Way too many pec tears. I love decline and dips way better than flat bench myself. But I guess whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by samadhi_smiles View Post
    I notice you do BB bench with your DC training. The dude that invented the system (Dante) I think is always going off on how he doesn't want his guys doing that. Way too many pec tears. I love decline and dips way better than flat bench myself. But I guess whatever works for you.
    He also discusses how if you want/have to do them, keep them in a higher rep range. Flat bench pressing isn't as evil as it is made out to be, one just needs to be smart about it. High rep deadlift and squat sets can do as much damage to one's back as a bench pressing can do to their pecs.

Coke: Thanks man. Not a regular thing. It was early on July 4th. Figured I could tape w/o bothering people.

Samadhi: I tried them for a blast. Not back in this new one. My main issue was training w/o a partner was knowing when to stop. I got pinned once.

Travis: Thanks for the tips.

DC Lower A Round 2:
    DB Curls: 55*13 (+5, -4)
    ->another exercise where a 5 lb jump makes a huge difference. Probably should have chosen a different exercise this blast.

Pinwheel Curls: 50*10 (same, +2 reps)

Seated Ham Curls: 140*30 (+10, same reps)
    ->tough. Still hate the design of this machine.

Leg Press Calf Raise: 2pps+10*10 (same, +2)
    ->out of order because someone was on the leg press

Close Stance Leg Press: 5pps*10, 3+25*20 (+40, +2 and -40, +5)
    ->heavy set was a much better weight this time. Kicked my ass, so had to go lower on the widowmaker, but again better weight. I thought I was going to pass out after the first set. Had to sit down for at least 5 minutes if not longer.

Had a great day at work. A person I work with told me she told the head of our business unit I was doing awesome work for her. If the market picks back up I could be in line for a nice promotion. Good stuff.
    My Journal

I saw you did rack pullups awhile back. What exactly are those?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    He also discusses how if you want/have to do them, keep them in a higher rep range. Flat bench pressing isn't as evil as it is made out to be, one just needs to be smart about it. High rep deadlift and squat sets can do as much damage to one's back as a bench pressing can do to their pecs.
    yeah you're right and I do both (high rep deadlift and squatting )...

digging ya'lls DC journals...I've just been implementing a couple things here and there. I still want to get a bigger squat before I start DC (I want a 405 squat first then I'll jump in DC full on).

more power to ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I saw you did rack pullups awhile back. What exactly are those?
    its basically a pullup with your feet hooked over a bar (so you're in an L shape) and weight stacked on your lap. I tried them once they feel weird haha! I guess its for larger guys that can't hit the rep range that they are trying to hit (14-22 I think?).

Chubs:

Video

Samadhi: It's actually because of the deep stretch you can get at the bottom. It also seems to not bother my biceps like a regular pullup. For me the weight thing is just the opposite. I can do pullups all day long. But with rack pulls I can easily add more weight and still get a high # of reps. DC calls for I think 11-15 on them. I am too high rep wise. Will work it lower.

It's a good call getting the strength up before jumping in. Dante would probably hate it if he knew a skinny little punk like me was doing DC. I'm not ready strength wise, but I have the dedication that he calls for. I don't miss workouts. I bust my ass in there. I might not be squatting 500 or pulling 600, but I work till I drop.

Notes: Went in and did 30 mins of elliptical after class. The trainer I'm friendly with was like "damn your late, going to be doing midnight workouts soon". I said at least I got in here to which he agreed.

I am at a crossroads in my diet. I have leaned out, but not as much as I wanted. I am getting too skinny. One of the women at my office keeps telling me I am dissapearing. All my shirts are loose. I wear a lot of polo shirts to work and the sleeves use to be way stretched out. Now I have plenty of room. I cut out 50g of carbs about 2 weeks ago and have dropped about 5 lbs since then. I am thinking about adding 50g of carbs back in to my lunch. Here is where I am. I know people will give me crap, but I feel fat and small at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cphafner; 07-09-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    My Journal

Looking good in the pic...thankx for sharing the rack chins vid.