The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

CP's Journey to the next level

I've had a longstanding journal on this site, and decided since this is a big year for me that it was time for a new journal. The journey to the next level pertains to growth both in and out of the gym. This year holds some personal milestones for myself. This fall I will turn 30. In a couple of weeks I begin getting my MBA part time. My career has progressed in the past year and a half and is poised for a big jump this year. In the gym I plan to finally push over 200lbs. Depending on how the next 5-6 months go, I might get my butt back on stage around the time I turn 30. I want to prove to myself that 30 is just another number and you can be in the best shape of your life even though you hit a milestone number. I was planning this anyway, but this past week reinforced it. I went snowboarding with my brother and a number of his friends. They ranged from 29 to 35. I was amazed how fat and out of shape they had gotten. Some of these guys were elite (all-state) athletes in high school,one a D1 athelete, and one nearly an olympic skiier. They were all amazed with the shape I was in. I was appalled by how they looked. Things like that stoke my fire.

I plan on achieving my goals by using a DC training template. Diet will be fairly clean. I am aiming at 4200 calories (~300pro, 500carbs, 110fat) a day to start. During 4Q08 that calorie level allowed me to gain pretty consistently. I will reevaluate as needed. Supplements will be Nitrean (as needed to supplement whole food) and Waxy Maize (pre and post w/o). As well as caffeine or a similar stimulant pre w/o.

I had hit 191 prior to the holidays. New years day I stepped on a scale(not my usual one) and was 182.5. I ate crap all week, but it was less calories than normal. I may be the only person that eats like **** and drops weight during the holidays. I'm sure a good deal of it is water weight and will bounce back one I reintroduce more carbs this week. This is my 2nd DC blast. I learned a lot of lessons during the first blast and cruise (what exercises work for me, rep ranges, etc). My template for this blast is listed below:

Upper A
    DB Bench
    HS Shoulder Press
    Dips
    Pulldowns
    Deadlifts

Lower A
    Cybex Preacher Curls
    Pinwheel Curls
    Leg Press Calf Raise
    Lying Hamstring Curls
    Cybex Squat Press

Upper B
    Smith Incline Bench
    Smith Shoulder Press
    Smith Close Grip Bench
    Chins
    DB Rows

Lower B
    DB Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Calf Raise
    SLDL
    Hoist Leg Press

Upper C
    Cybex Incline Bench
    Cybex Shoulder Press
    Smith Reverse Grip Bench
    Pullovers (either BB or cable – still undecided)
    HS Iso Rows

Lower C
    Incline DB Curls
    Cable Wrist Curls
    Seated Calf Raise
    Seated Ham Curls
    Cybex Z Squat

A few picture to track progress in this journal. These were taken just now. No pump. Obviously pasty. In the leg photo you can see I took a tumble snowboarding and have a nasty bruise around my knee. Don't expect it to play an issue in the gym this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cphafner; 01-04-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!