The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Weight Gain

Wannabebig New Member

Weight Gain

Well im 16 years old, 6'1" and 170 pounds. Im looking to get to about 190 this July (for football). Now in my 3 years at high school, ive only gained about 20 pounds. The doctor says I have a very high metabolism and it will be extremely difficult to gain weight.
    However, my friend that plays football at Michigan, went to a nutritionist while he was in high school and the nutritionist said to eat an extra 4-5 baked potatoes every day. Now hes a lineman, and I'm a runningback/wide reciever. I wasn't to sure if I wanted to try this because I'm thinking that I'd mostly put on fat. Thats why I came here to ask on what you guys think? Do you think the majority of the weight I put on will be fat, or since I'm working out would it go towards muscle?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    If you're training and running, you'll be fine. But, eating baked potatoes without protein is dumb. Look to increase your consumption of dead animals. Gaining weight is easy, despite a fast metabolism. Eat 2 of everything. This will automatically double your caloric intake for the day.

I'd bet you don't eat nearly as much as you think you do. Eat the same things everyday, then double it. You'll gain weight.

Wannabebig New Member
    Well I take in on average 3500 calories a day. So doubling that will be hard especially when money is tight. The thing is I don't understand how I have a fast metabolism when all I do is go to school-lift-sleep. Alright then I guess I'll throw in a couple baked potatoes and try and eat more too.

Wannabebig Member
    Visit GNC and ask the guy there for some supplements

at OP, use the search function in the diet and nutrition section. if your short on cash for food, there are some members made great suggestions on buying cheap food that was high calories.

Eat more. There is nothing else to say.
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    If you're training and running, you'll be fine. But, eating baked potatoes without protein is dumb. Look to increase your consumption of dead animals. Gaining weight is easy, despite a fast metabolism. Eat 2 of everything. This will automatically double your caloric intake for the day.

I'd bet you don't eat nearly as much as you think you do. Eat the same things everyday, then double it. You'll gain weight.
    220 to 320. This plan works.
    Roll Tide.

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrink View Post
    at OP, use the search function in the diet and nutrition section. if your short on cash for food, there are some members made great suggestions on buying cheap food that was high calories.
    Ground beef and chicken thighs bought at BJ's/Costco/Sam's Club come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by danielosik View Post
    Visit GNC and ask the guy there for some supplements
    Dont go to gnc for any advice. Theyll see you coming and try to sell you every bull**** product under the sun. Honestly, you have a high metabolism because youre young plain and simple. I had the same problem as a teen. 3500 calories most likely isnt enough. If you truly have a high metabolism you made need that many just to maintain your current weight. Try adding 500 calories per day (4000 total) for about a month and see how that works. If still nothing add another 500 and so forth until you find out what will work for YOUR body. Try to get 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight minimum and the rest however works for you. If youre already getting enough protein then eating a few extra potatoes will work but you'll probably need more than just that. Diet is body specific and something youll have to tinker with until you find what works for you. Feel free to pm me if you have any further questions.