The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: atkins

Hybrid View

Banned

atkins

How much fat are you allowed on atkins diet

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    It's a horrible diet. Do more research on eating habits that will help you achieve your desired goal.

Plus, Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack (or so I've heard) How good can his diet be?

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    It's a horrible diet. Do more research on eating habits that will help you achieve your desired goal.

Plus, Dr. Atkins died of a heart attack (or so I've heard) How good can his diet be?
    People who make diets are like people who make programs on the internet and try to sell themselves. The dimwit is most likely not following what he preaches
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post

So if the atkins diet is horrible than I guess the anabolic diet is bad too?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al19067 View Post
    I don't know about the anabolic diet. I don't follow some new-angled diet plan. I use good old-fashioned diet advice from people who have been there and done that.

All these fancy diets are designed for one thing - to make money. If you think differently, you're sadly mistaken.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al19067 View Post
    There are certainly better choices out there. No offense to Dr. Pasquale...

the only 'diets' that work are lifestyle changes.
    you ate poorly for how many years to get in bad shape? how could you expect to go on a 6 week diet to fix years of bad eating and (probably) inactivity.

so you don't 'go on a diet'....you just 'change your diet'...namely food choices and portion control, to fuel the body properly.

if you are more than 10lbs over weight (fat weight), a 6-8 diet isn't gonna help you much. you need to change gears for the long term. and fAtkins isn't the answer.

The Atkins Diet is a lifestyle change... if you'd actually read anything he's written you might know that... If you follow the book you will lose body fat, hands down... everyone I know, including myself, that followed it lost weight... my friend lost 80 lbs on it in about 6 months

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dasfonzie View Post
    The Atkins Diet is a lifestyle change... if you'd actually read anything he's written you might know that... If you follow the book you will lose body fat, hands down... everyone I know, including myself, that followed it lost weight... my friend lost 80 lbs on it in about 6 months

Any diet is a lifestyle change. I don't need to read anything to know that. Of course you lose weight. Your carbs are non-existant. For anyone that's a weightlifter, you NEED lots of carbs. Atkins makes your body eat itself. It indiscriminately eats muscle and fat for energy. Cutting anything except bad foods out is just stupid. Carbs are a necessity for the body and mind to function properly.