Thread: My Arms Lost An Inch!!

My Arms Lost An Inch!!

I just measured my arms last night, the last time that I measured them I was 225 lbs. and now I am 200 lbs. At 225 lbs. my forearms were around 15 inches around not pumped, and my biceps were around 17 inches or so. Last night my girlfriend measured them and my biceps were only 16 inches!! And my forearms were in between 15.5-15.75 inches.

... Maybe just depleted from the low carbs. Forearms grew but upper arms are lagging big time.

MS
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 04-06-2002 at 08:36 AM.

bone crusher
    most likely a combination of several things

Yeah obviously but its weird because my biceps have been getting stronger and stronger and my forearms I cant honestly say I have dont THAT much for. Theyre always my obsession but I having been doing a lot of direct work for them.

MS

You probably just lost some size due to the fat that was in your arms. There was probably more fat in your upper arms than in your forearms which would explain why they haven't lost any size.

Also, you triceps make up more mass in your upper arms than your biceps. Biceps just have a more popular reputation, beach muscle. So don't put all your effort into increasing your upper arm size in your biceps...
    Obstacles are what you see when you take your mind off the goal.
    -Unknown

Energy and persistence conquer all things.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Oh yeah I know, funny you said that because my triceps have gained more strength than my biceps. My forearms managed to gain .5-.75 inches..

MS

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    hmmmmm I'm betting loss of fat, don't sweat it man

Something is not right....you lost 25 pounds and a inch on your arms, but gained 3/4 of a inch on your forearms. If someone can explain that i'm all ears. Specifically how you lose 25 pounds and gain 3/4 of a inch on your forearms no less.

Monstar not picking on you but it does not make sense.
    " Eat to grow, Progression to get stronger " - mesmall

One obvious thing that comes to mind is that you did not measure your biceps the same way yourself as your girlfriend did.

A reduction in size of 1 inch on your upper arms compared to an increase on your forearems makes no sense.

Alos I think forearms can be quite difficult to measure accurately.

What has happened to your training poundages? If they have stayed the same or increased you cannot have lost much arm size.

yep... if guys knew how to measure their arms ! NO ONE would say : my arms are 18'' or 19''.... (perhaps with a lot of 'roids or for big man)

17'' arms are BIG GUNS !!! for a natural guy !! If you are not a giant you couldn't get more than 17'' without drugs...

16'' lean arms are already a very impressive.

Reeves get 17'' maximum 18'' (Reeves was 6.2'')

Arthur Jones 17.1/2'' Frank Zane 17''

Arnold 19.1/2''

etc.
    Gain Muscles ? Overload !
    Lose Fat ? Input < Output
    Genetic determines your potential
    Chins : 10x106kg Dips 10x109kg

Gavan that is nonsense.My arms are a muscular 17" and i dont do any arm work as yet.And I only started training again 6 months or so ago.And to be honest my training has sucked bigtime until the last 2-3 weeks.And im only 5' 8"

PS.The only supps I take are creatine and Nlarge2.
    Last edited by howsertrading; 04-06-2002 at 04:15 PM.
    Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"
    Calves: 17.5"

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

Well, I think you've lost quite a bit of fat, but also probably lost a fair bit of muscle. I KNOW I've lost muscle and my arms started at 17.5" at a weight of 217. At my current weight of 197 or so, they are about 17"(Though in reality, neither of these figures are probably very accurate.)

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

howsertrading even Ronnie said his arms are 21.1/2'' to 22''

Even in Flex they said 22''... I think they are closer to 21''...

perhaps you have a good genetic perhaps you are quiet fat... perhaps you don't know how to measure your arms
    Last edited by Gavan; 04-06-2002 at 05:13 PM.
    Gain Muscles ? Overload !
    Lose Fat ? Input < Output
    Genetic determines your potential
    Chins : 10x106kg Dips 10x109kg

Im not sure what you are talking about when you refer to ronnie.I did'nt say anything about the size of the pros arms.What I am saying is it is easily possible to obtain 17" arms without drugs.You are basically saying ya cant have 17" or bigger arms without drugs.Thats just wrong.I will try and get hold of a digital camera to take a pic of my arme being measured in the next few days.And yes I do know how to measure my arms thanks.
    Last edited by howsertrading; 04-06-2002 at 05:18 PM.
    Stats:

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

Howser - If you have 17" arms and low BF% and you're 5'8" w/6mo's training, then you are a freak and should be competing. Very impressive my man. If you're carrying a good deal of fat, than big deal about the 17" arms -- I don't think that's what Gavan is referring to. Although I think "many" people do have 17" arms lean.

Hey MarshallPenn.erm I actually said I only started training again 6 months or so ago.On and off I have been training for 13-14 years,since I was 11 years old.But gave up 4 years ago, when I was ran over by a car and had bad hand injuries.Yes I have stopped and started several times over the years,and I admit my muscle memory is incredible.If I even think about doing a set of squats I seem to start growing.
    Stats:

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

Id also like to say that at the time I was run over,I was prolly in the best shape of my life,The guy was prolly doing about 35mph and hit me right with the centre of the car.I went up on the bonnet and off of the roof and landed about 20ft away from the impact point,and Im pretty sure that if I hadnt been in the shape I was,I would possibly not be alive today,or certainly would have suffered many worse injuries.
    Stats:

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

Hey, very sorry to hear that. Glad that you are ok today and I hope that you're prior injuries aren't slowing you down.

A whole inch huh? I don't think you could possibly have that much fat on your arms...that's a sheistload...I would say you've lost some muscle and some fat. You're not eating enough calories, therefore I would assume you would be losing some muscle.

Nah what I neglected to mention was that my forearms were around 15 inches like a year and a half ago, not the same time that I measured my biceps at 17-17.25 inches. I agree with Gavan that a very defined 15-16 inch pair of arms is BY FAR more impressive than an 17+ inch bicep without definition. Just my opinion.

MS