Thread: I gained 10lbs in 3 weeeks

I gained 10lbs in 3 weeeks

Since I started working out 3 weeks ago, I have gained about 10 lbs. I decided to weigh myself last night and was in shock, because I can't see that big of difference. My progression is going great. When I started, I was putting up 45's on db press for 6-8 reps, but I am already up to 65s, and i might even try to throw in 70s on my last set depending on how i do with the 65s. That is just one example, but I am getting there and quickly.

BTW, when I started I was 5'11", around 155lbs. Now I am about 165.

What have you been taking?

Creatine and sometimes protein. I used to eat 1-2 meals a day, and now I eat 4-6 meals a day. I basically eat any time I get hungry.
    ANYTHING can happen on a TUESDAY!!!

Wow i heard creatine is bad for is that true?

Is creatine bad for you? NO. From what I've read...any studies they have done has shown no side effects. It is a natural chemical your own body releases. There are a lot of threads on this site that talk about it. Do a search on it and you'll get more info.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    There aren't any studies advanced enough to say whether or not there are negative side effects on creatine, but there are some ominous facts about dosage, and some premliminary research showing side effects. There needs to be a lot more research on it.

Re: I gained 10lbs in 3 weeeks

Originally posted by Timastyle
    BTW, when I started I was 5'11", around 155lbs. Now I am about 165.
    Are you still 5' 11"? J/K...
    Last edited by devhuman; 04-05-2002 at 04:59 PM.

did you weigh yourself on the same scale, at the same time of day?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

It was pretty much the same time of day. Same scale.

when i was really skinny i put on mass like it was a joke. anywho, keep it up, thats alot of gains (assuming its mostly muscle)

Originally posted by Accipiter
    There aren't any studies advanced enough to say whether or not there are negative side effects on creatine, but there are some ominous facts about dosage, and some premliminary research showing side effects. There needs to be a lot more research on it.
    Huh? Creatine is one of the most heavily researched supplements in existence. There is far more evidence as to its efficacy and safety than for most prescription drugs. The longest study thus far studied creatine use over a 4 year period and showed no impact on hepatic or renal functioning in those without pre-existing problems.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 04-05-2002 at 05:32 PM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

I love all the scientific info you provide B&I

Originally posted by DaCypher
    I love all the scientific info you provide B&I
    Actually, I just make it all up. Just toss in some random figures and one or two fancy, scientific sounding words and you can fool just about anybody.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Actually, I just make it all up. Just toss in some random figures and one or two fancy, scientific sounding words and you can fool just about anybody.
    LOL! Nonetheless, I like your "scientific sounding" info...

Its mostly water weight. Everytime I load on creatine I gain roughly 6 lbs in a one to two week period.

Wannabebig Member
    8lbs of that is water weight from the Creatine. When I used to take Creatine at full dose, it would be pretty standard to gain 6-8 pounds in 3 weeks in water weight.

People who think creatine is dangerous should have a crowbar taken to their knees.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

plus if you are eating 4-6 meals a day now from 1-2, that might help you gain weight, but otherwise, keep it up!!!
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Originally posted by Delphi
    PowerMan is dangerous.

*puts on shin guards*
    Nah. He's just got a hard-on for crowbars. Don't ask me why.

Don't ruin this thread guys.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

dont make me take a crowbar to your knees
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock