Thread: APA raw Nationals 4/11/09, A Classic, Old school powerlifting meet!

Hybrid View

Banned

APA raw Nationals 4/11/09, A Classic, Old school powerlifting meet!

Is anyone here planning to attend this meet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carol Ann; 02-09-2009 at 03:23 PM.

UPA Lousiana Chairman Eric Downey's Avatar
    Location?
    CLASH FOR CASH RAW504 SEPT. 11, 2010 KENNER, LA CLICK FOR INFO
    Eric "BIG EZY" Downey
    RAW BENCH BEST: 523 Raw Unity 2010
    RAW UNITY VID
    RAW TOTAL BEST:534.5 - 507 - 556.5 1598 APA Raw Nationals 2010
    534 SQUAT
    507 BENCH
    556 DEADLIFT
    Facebook YOUTUBE

Is that the one in Tampa?

Might go... one of my friends Wayne Meyer is doing the strict overhead press if that is the same meet.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Banned
    2009 APA Raw National Championships
    CLASSIC Powerlifting at itís best!

April 11, 2009 at No Holds Barred Gym, 427 Weathersby Rd, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Weigh-ins: Friday 9:00am until 12:00 noon - or 3:00pm until 9:00pm No weigh-ins the morning of the meet!
    Meet will start at 9:00 am

(As you can see, there will be NO WEIGH INs the morning of the meet!
    The reason being, John and Bobby wants to have everyone checked in and the flights made the night before the meet. So when we say we will start at 9:00am we will!!! This is going to be one of the most efficiently ran meets you'll ever attend!!!)

Contact info:
    John Micka (meet director, and APA State Chairman) jgmicka@aol.com
    Bobby Myers (co-meet director) alaqua-pits@netzero.com
    Last edited by Carol Ann; 01-22-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Banned
    Hi Eric and Tom

Eric as close as you are, you better come at least hangout.....Unless you have a Raw bench in you....lol!

Tom. There is about 10 lifters coming from the Ft. Myers area. You may know Mike & Kristie Witmer, and some of their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ann View Post
    Hi Eric and Tom

Eric as close as you are, you better come at least hangout.....Unless you have a Raw bench in you....lol!

Tom. There is about 10 lifters coming from the Ft. Myers area. You may know Mike & Kristie Witmer, and some of their friends.
    Sounds like it will be a great meet, I am friends with Mike and Kristie but won't be living in Florida then so we'll see.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Banned
    This is a post from the BMF forum!

A little more info for those of you who are not familiar with this meet!
    As far as I know this will be the First Raw nationals put on by a multi-ply federation!

Our plans are to have everyone checked in the night (there will be NO WALK INs the morning of) so we can have all the flights made and ready to post as soon as we walk in the venue saturday morning!!! We want everything to start dead on time. There will be a lot of lifters, so time is very important!

Next, the only gear allowed will be belt, knee & wrist wraps! The squats will be walk out (hence the term Old School Power lifting!!!) This is not done very often any more!
    REMEMBER: This is a real National meet and everything will be ran accordingly!
    We want the lifters to experience a national level meet at it's best!

We will provide free food and drink for lifters only! We do not want the lifters dehydrated and lifting bad! We want you to do your best!!!!

Here is the weight classes that will be contested:
    Menís Wt. Class: 114___123___132___148___165___181___198___220___242___275___308___

Super Heavy___
    Womenís Wt. Class: 97___105___114___123___132___148___165___181___198___Unlimited___

Teen & Masters will be light weight & heavy weight by co-efficiency (age will be factored in) this will make for a very competitive masters division!
    This is and Old school powerlifting meet, and about competition!
    Remember this: Two of the most awesome meets I have ever been involved in, I didn't win, didn't even place, but was very proud of what I accomplished!

So GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE!!! Hope to see you there, and remember competition is a good thing, it will push you to NEW Heights, and you will always remember it for what you accomplished!

Always listening & learnin lil' power's Avatar
    Jojo just mentioned this meet to me...I've done else but SPF, is it time to add another fed?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lil' power View Post
    Jojo just mentioned this meet to me...I've done else but SPF, is it time to add another fed?
    Hi Girl.
    Only you can deside if you want to lift in multiple feds. Every federation has something to offer someone! I have lifted with WABDL, APF, APA, APC, SPF, and will continue to lift in any fed as long as it's a great meet. That is all up to the meet director.
    One thing I can say is, the meet directors for this meet is going all out to make this one to remember! This will most likely be the best, and most competitive meet you have ever be to! Lots of Fun!!!
    Would love to see you there, if you have time. We are going to have a blast!!! There are a lot of SPF lifters coming! There 's going to be some very competitive classes, and some real battles to see....

Lets stay in touch, and let us know what you decide.

Banned
    APA raw Nationals 4/11/09, A Classic, Old school Powerlifting Meet!

Sponsored by:

No Holds Barred Gym! 427 Weathersby Rd, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39402. This is a new, million dollar facility, that caters to MMA fighters, Strongman competitors, and powerlifters. It's a awesome facility!!!

BMF SPORTS! www.bmfsports.com or www.bmfnutrition.com Here I can't say enough about Shawn and BMF Sports! They have been wonderful to both of us. Everyone please take the time to check out their products!

TITAN SUPPORT SYSTEMS! 800-627-3145 or www.titansupport.com Wow, how many of you have ever seen this, A gear manufacture, supporting and sponsoring a Raw meet? Well TITAN is not your average gear manufacture. They truly CARE about you the lifter. So please remember in the future when you need a belt, shoes, chalk, knee, wrist wraps or if you want to try a squat suit, give TITAN a call!

Foxís Pizza! Ė Foxís Pizza is Great tasting and will be there to help you keep your strength up through out the day! Fox's will be feeding all the lifters at this meet!!!!! How many times have you been to a meet and was starving? Well not this time!!! Eat well and lift heavy, and hit Pr's!!!

APT - Pro Wrist Wraps.

Hammer Strength

Tiffany's Photography - www.fitnessphotography.net For great photos of your lifts!!!
    Last edited by Carol Ann; 01-27-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lil' power View Post
    Hi Vikki
    Hows your training going? When are you competing again?

Such a great area for a meet! Being from the East coast, I always enjoyed going south during the spring to get some NICE weather!! Good luck with this show guys, I am sure it will be a great event!!!! Any big names slated?

Semper Fi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROCK View Post
    Such a great area for a meet! Being from the East coast, I always enjoyed going south during the spring to get some NICE weather!! Good luck with this show guys, I am sure it will be a great event!!!! Any big names slated?

Semper Fi
    Hi Brent
    There will be some big lifters attending this meet, but I really don't want to mention names until the entry forms are in hand. We're expecting close to 100 lifters!
    Last edited by Carol Ann; 02-12-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Banned
    We were asked on other forums: What makes this meet any more OLD SCHOOL than any other meet?

Well to start all squats will be walk out only.
    Just the basic weights classes. No 259 class.
    Teens and Masters will be light weight and heavy weight by co-eff. (body weight & age)
    No Sub-Masters class.
    Will only recognize: Full power and bench only. No other single lifts or specialty lifts will be recognized!!!

This is to create more competitive divisions. As there should be at a National level competition! The lifters are loving it!!! Who wants to lift in a division all by themselves? It's always more fun to have another lifter or friend pushing you to new heights!!!

Just trying to take the lifters interested in lifting with out gear, back to the Roots of Powerlifting!!!

The only gear allowed will be: singlet, belt, knee & wrist wraps. No monolift!

We're going to have a Blast. If you're free the 11th of April, come out and join us for a meet to remember!