Thread: New routine? Please help!

Wannabebig Member

New routine? Please help!

hey everybody, great site here, really hoping to learn a lot from everybody! Here is my story. I'm 19, 5'11 and fluctuate between 155 and 160. I used to play lacrosse so I worked out often, I had gotten up to 175 but now have lost all that muscle and strength.

I want to get back into working out. I don't have the body type to get huge but my goal is rather to get as big as my genetics will allow me but have well defined muscle. I want to really focus on getting a bigger chest (as of now it's fairly flat) and along with that having my arms match that, otherwise it would look pretty stupid. I also don't think I have the genetics for a six-pack but I'll do whatever it is necessary to have my abs look as good as they're going to get.

I don't have a gym membership but what I do have is a full bench set and some dumbbells to worth with. Its in a basement with a low ceiling so I'm not able to put the bar over my head but I could probably manage to put dumbbells overhead.

With that information, could you experienced lifters, PLEASE help me come up with a lifting routine I can do to get the results I desire. It's been hard as hell to get back into lifting after losing so much strength, but I'm dedicated now, I just need the right routine. Thanks for your help!

Check the routines posted on this site (WBB, WBB 1.1, Starting Strength,etc.). Those will get you the best results for getting big. Keep in mind, you're going to be eating a lot, so you might not be as well defined in the end, but you can cut after. Go over the routines, and pick one to your liking. If you have any problems with one of them (because you don't have equipment, etc.) come back and we can help with substitutions if necessary.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nockits View Post
    Check the routines posted on this site (WBB, WBB 1.1, Starting Strength,etc.). Those will get you the best results for getting big. Keep in mind, you're going to be eating a lot, so you might not be as well defined in the end, but you can cut after. Go over the routines, and pick one to your liking. If you have any problems with one of them (because you don't have equipment, etc.) come back and we can help with substitutions if necessary.
    yea just saw those, very helpful. I'm gonna try to combine them the best I can to get as many different things in with what I have.