Thread: Tendonitis

Hybrid View

Tendonitis

Yeah, so I made a post a while back saying how my elbow/upper forearm hurt.

It's been over 2 months now and I still have tendonitis, at least that's what I think it is. I wear a tennis elbow bracelet and I've been using the Voltaren Gel (diclofenac sodium topical gel 1%) on it 4 times a day.

The tendonitis affects all of my workouts. I now do 10 reps per set and I use light-moderate weights. It mostly affects back/bicep day. Seated pulley row with that v-shape handle? Forget it, it feels like my arm is being ripped out of my body. I have to use really wide grip on that exercise.

Anyways, for those of you that had tendonitis how long did it take to heal up?

It's been over 2 months now and not being able to DL or squat is really pissing me off and I'm not sure if this is something that is going to heal up or is this going to be a lifelong injury?

No jokes this is ****ing serious.

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

Davey... I've had crazy elbow pain also, and in particular I've recently popped something in my left elbow... an elbow I haven't been able to fully flex in years... last week I started to foam roll my biceps, triceps and forearms and my elbows haven't felt so good in years... I'm even able to flex my tricep and straighten my arm again....

Just an idea for you to maybe try... good luck either way bro... I know how much this sucks!
    He who gains victory over other men is strong; but he who gains victory over himself is strong(er)

"Get rid of all excess in life. The more you own, the more that owns you. Strip yourself of all things, of all the fat, and leave nothing but brain, muscles and cock. That is life." - Jim Wendler

My Journal

Husky, I found some videos on youtube that deal with treating tendonitis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQA3...eature=related

this is another video but the lady talks to much, skip to about 1min mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcJOX...eature=related

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

StrengthFromAboveMinistry Benny Jackson's Avatar
    I have the same issues. I hear ice and anti-inflammatory drugs are good... I plan to also use a SSB for squatting for the next month to hopefully take some pressure off the area. Squatting with a straight bar seems to really beat my forearms up.

In 2005 I was doing my first and only competition, my tendonitis hit like never before about two weeks out, I couldn't even press 135 with any force. I went to an orthopedic doctor and told him I needed cortisone shots. They gave me shots in both arms of cortisone and lidocaine, I did the meet with no pain. But that's only a temporary fix.

At this point I am pretty sure I need to adjust my training to solve the problem. I always tell myself I'm going to do a progressive overload, but never seem to listen to myself. I go full boar and to failure to often... So hopefully if I do a proper progressive overload that will help. Also with the combination of the SSB for squatting.

I hear physical therapy can help with these type of problems also... When I get insurance again I plan to fully explore this option.

On another note I have been wearing elbow sleeves, they help moderately.

I am also going to try the advice of these videos you showed, thanks.
    Last edited by Benny Jackson; 01-30-2009 at 10:02 PM.
    I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. (Psalm 145:1-2)