The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: My luck

My luck

So I was on my way to a Super Bowl party, and I kinda had to drive out into the country a bit. A deer starts to run out in front of me, i swerve, clip it and since there is snow on the ground, I slide into a wooden fence. It did some body damage all along my car, I cant open the passenger door, and the paint is pretty scraped up along with some dents. Somehow though, my windshield got punctured, and now there is a hole(its not that big but its not small and my windshield is cracked aways across). I was just wondering if you guys had any idea on how much this might cost me. Oh yeah, the power mirror was taken off as well. I know I'll need a new windshield, but I think the dents can be taken out of the rear and just repainted, but the side front door handle is screwed and I can't open the door. The front passenger panel by the wheel is kinda messed up a little too. This is the first i guess "accident" you could say, I've had. Any suggestions or estimations would be greatly appreciated. Thnks guys.
    wontstop
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Just looking to build muscle, not too worried about being cut

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

you really can't tell until you take it to a body shop

man i have hit 2 deer in my car and know how it pisses you off.

hard to say but its gonna be alot. what are you driving?

wild guess....at least 2 grand.
    6'4"
    266 lbs.(w/adamantium bonded bones)

2 grand?!?! i have a 2000 Alero. will it really b that much?
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

I'd have to see the damage, but I'd say if you know people or have decent local body shops, you may be able to sneak away for a little over a grand. However, knowing how this stuff always turns out, 2 grand is very possible.

How big was the deer? And if a buck, how was the rack?
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Banned
    It's hard to get anything done in a body shop under $1500

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Moore View Post
    It's hard to get anything done in a body shop under $1500
    yep.

the first deer i hit bent my hood, broke the front clip, disentegrated my drivers side headlight assembly, and broke the driver side fender.
    all of them had to be replaced...except for the hood it was just straightened and repainted in a spot.

the adjuster estimated about 2300 in damage. luckily i got it down through a body shop i knew, with less on my deductible.
    yours sounds slightly worse than mine....some dents can be straightened, some cant. hope you have insurance.

btw you should go hunt that deer down...at least get some meat out of the deal...
    Last edited by matt08; 02-01-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    6'4"
    266 lbs.(w/adamantium bonded bones)

You'd be better off taking the $2k and putting it down on a new car and also getting money on the trade in. I am not sure how long Alero's last, but its 9 yrs old.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Damn sorry to hear that. Freakin deers.

Although it is very difficult to tell how much it will be without seeing any photos, it sounds like the entire car needs to be painted along with several hours of body work. We are looking at probably a minimum of $1,200. If the car is drivable, it seriously might be a good idea just to replace windshield, lights(if needed), and leave the paint alone. Spending 2, maybe 3 grand on a 2000 Alero isn't worth it.

You can find body shops that could have that done for about $1000. The high end ones will charge you more, so you can be made feel better by their flashy building and signs. The windshield will be $200-300 and the rest is hard to tell.

I was delivering for dominos back in high school driving a little s10 one night, and came around a corner (on a road called deer lake.... go figure). Saw a doe on the left in a ditch, so I slowed a bit. But by the time i made the full curve there were 8 yearling in standing in the middle of the road. I veered onto the right shoulder, and the dick behind me slammed on his brakes and flew straight through them. Scaring everyone my way, I hit 2 in the front and 4 ran into the side of my truck. Worst part about it was the fact that I didn't get any of them. I got out of the truck just in time to see the last one get up, shake it off, and snuff at me.

Did you at least get yours? I hate these damn things, down here driving at night can get interesting with these things running around everywhere.
    |A:26 | H:6'5'' | W:198| GW: 215|
    Stats: Start | Current | Goal
    Bench: 135lb |170lb| 225lb
    Squat: 135lb |185lb| 225lb
    Dead: 180 |185lb| 315lb
    OH Press: 85lb |100lb| 150lb
    (all 3 x 5 reps)

No, unfortunately I didnt get mine. My car is nine yrs old, but it only has like 70,000 mi on it, and only had 55,000 on it when i bought it a cpl yrs ago. the passenger door wont open, but i dont really care about that. Im gettin a new windshield tomorrow for $189 installed so thats cool. Yeah the rest besides the power mirror that just isnt there anymore is all cosmetic that im not worried. This is my first car, so im not that worried about it nemore.
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Hey, the wife just came whipping around the corner today and nipped the corner of some HS kids beater. We get to replace the driver side door, the back door and the back panel on a 2009 Seqouia, I bet that will cost about $5-10k. All because she wasn't paying attention - thank god it wasn't a bunch of kids playing in the street.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.