The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    The sad reality is this makes all the difference in the NFL
    It makes all the difference on draft day. The combines don't matter one bit after that. The combines are the SAT's and the ACT's of the NFL.

I mentioned something about Cushing training under Defranco quite a few months ago in a thread about WFSB.

As for steroid use allegations, who freaking cares. If you have sen Bigger, Stronger, Faster; and even if you haven't, this should come as no surprise. A lot of what has been accomplished in athletics and sports has been the results of hard work and steroids. Most of the great powerlifting numbers produced are by individuals who have used steroids, but to me that doesn't diminish them in one bit. The individual still needs to put forth the work. Cushing obviously has put in his time based on every video posted of him working out, and his combine results. But, Mike Mamula and Vernon Davis had great combines as well, so just that alone won't make one an NFL success. He was an outstanding college player, and Matthews had a great senior year, but further judegments about these guys as players will need to be reserved for a few years down the line. I did love how they both ate up PSU in the Rose Bowl this year.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    It makes all the difference on draft day. The combines don't matter one bit after that. The combines are the SAT's and the ACT's of the NFL.
    Well put!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Rumors are false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

How can these other idiots be dumb enough to smoke weed within a month of the draft. Put it down for a while.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    Yes and a good draft day can make the difference between 50 million dollars and 500 thousand dollars...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schmitty199 View Post
    Lets not put words in my mouth here, I didnt say Rice and Sanders would make great coaches. I said they can teach Crabtree many on the field things, as in the "in's and outs" of the position. Im talking Rice and Sanders as more Crabtrees position coaches, because they know pretty much everything there is to know about his position. But as coordinators or head coaches who knows, they could be absolutely terrible coaches despite their position knowledge.

Thats exactly what you are saying... lets dissect your statement here:

they know pretty much everything there is to know about his position.
    So following this logic, it makes them the best possible coach...

But as coordinators or head coaches who knows, they could be absolutely terrible coaches despite their position knowledge.

Will not disagree this point, but they aren't position coaches now either, are they?

Lets not put words in my mouth here, I didnt say Rice and Sanders would make great coaches.
    Based on your prior statements from the same paragraph, it seems you are making statements, not me putting words into your mouth, kid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Rumors are false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

How can these other idiots be dumb enough to smoke weed within a month of the draft. Put it down for a while.
    no kidding, BJ Raji is an idiot... he could have been a top 5 pick.

Watched film of USC's Pro Day:

Mauluga and Cush have solidified themselves as first round picks...

Sanchez (based solely on this performance) may have passed up stafford, he looked ridiculous, but he is working with the same coaches and receivers he's had thru his entire time at USC

The combine is still relevant after the draft. Guys that have great combines and move up in the draft can kill teams if they don't produce on the field. This is even more so when a team drafts based on the combine over a guy that actually produced on the field.

Considering the difference in money between a first round pick and a later pick, it is harder to cut a player and clean your hands. Most teams feel the need to keep giving first rounders a chance to justify the money and when it comes to QB's especially, that can put teams years behind. With the amount of money first rounders are making, it also hurts teams in the off season.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    Im skeptical of both prime time and rice...is this a reflection of them as players... no, as individuals... maybe, as coaches... most definitely.

Ive not heard of any others they have worked with, and while they may have been the greats (in Jerry's case, the Greatest of All Time at WR) that doesnt make them a top coach. Again its my opinion, but hey, they couldve worked with many others who have seen success that ive just never heard of.

Now in terms of mentoring, I could imagine no greater assets than both of them, especially Deion, just do the opposite of everything he tells you to do...

That and Im an admitted Defranco's groupie, that guy has a proven track record and has help made several guys, millions and millions of dollars...
    I love Joe and he can be a huge asset in terms of strength and conditioning. But you are talking about a kid who already has major god given gifts. Deion and Jerry can provide him insight as to how to be a great NFL receiver that Joe could never provide. Joe can not teach him to run a route or catch a ball the way Rice can. Rod Woodson may be the only guy out there who could give you an equal amount of insight as Deion on who a DB is going to try to play you and teach the receiver how to counter and beat it. Being a physical freak doesn't assure your success in a team sport. Learning how to play NFL football is going to be the most important thing for Mike at this point.
    Last edited by cphafner; 04-25-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Crabtree 10

Cushing 15
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    yep, knew they would both go high, I was shocked to see who picked up Cush though, very interesting