Thread: Teeroy's Atrophy Reversal

Threaded View

Teeroy's Atrophy Reversal

Been lifting for a couple of months now. Got SS for xmas and have been working on my form especially on squat. I really only started increasing the weight on squats a few weeks ago because I worked on form for a month.

My routine that I've settled on is below. It is a slightly modified SS routine for a couple of reasons.

1) I just haven't gotten the hang of hang cleans. Mainly because of my lack of flexibility and ability to land the bar on my traps. I'm still practicing them though and hope to incorporate them once I feel comfortable with them. I don't have bumper plates at home and the gym I work out at on the road doesn't either.

2) I travel pretty much on a weekly basis for work. That means a plane flight Monday morning and a plane flight back home Thursday evening. So Thursday's have to be a rest day because I'm on the plane and I'm so dogged tired after getting up to early and travelling on Monday's that I don't want to lift on those days.

Because of my travel I've settled on a 3 day a week lift schedule. I do cardio or HIIT on 3 of the other days. The only anomoly is the single OHP press on Wednesdays because I want to do that lift 2 days a week.

I've also included a few assistance exercises to improve my tricep strength and I really want to get to where I can do pull-ups. Biggest help there will be weight loss, though.

My current routine is below. Of course, any feedback/criticism is welcome. I'm always looking to improve. Hopefully my darn numbers improve quickly their so low...

Sunday
    Squat
    OHP
    Dead lift
    Lat Pulldown
    Jumping Pull-Ups

Monday
    Rest (optionally steady state cardio, no HIIT)

Tuesday
    Squat
    Bench
    BOR
    Assisted dip machine (if at gym)
    Dumbbell Incline

Wednesday
    OHP
    Grip Work
    Cardio/HIIT

Thursday
    Rest

Friday
    Squat
    Bench
    BOR
    Skull Crushers

Saturday
    Cardio/HIIT
    Last edited by teeroy; 02-15-2009 at 02:42 PM.