The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

critic my squat form

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xH19XAhdw

i apologize for the side view again

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

looks great bro!...

umm just one thing, you kinda look like your dropping into your squat...go down slower (at a controlled pace) and push up fast

but yeah they look nice and deep...
    Funniest thing i've read ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    I was once so bored and horny I drew a picture of a naked woman to jerk off to.
    105kg

B - 130kg
    S - 185kg
    D - 200kg

Quote Originally Posted by kingswoodlegend View Post
    looks great bro!...

umm just one thing, you kinda look like your dropping into your squat...go down slower (at a controlled pace) and push up fast

but yeah they look nice and deep...
    i always believe in squatting deep

Squat:755,Bench:550:DL:60 0 RAT's Avatar
    good squat just dont let ur knees go over ur toes...before u start take a deep breath and tighten ur abs and poke ur butt out and sit back while u squat
    Squat=755
    Bench=550
    DL=600

good squat just dont let ur knees go over ur toes
    IMHO, with that depth and as close a stance as that, it would be difficult for the knees not to go past the toes.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Wannabebig Member

They look good overall, you have some lumbar flexion

There is not one proper way to squat, there are several techniques depending on your goal. If you look at the bottom part of your squat you notice that you have lumbar flexion, or in other words your lower back rounds and your but tucks under. The guy who said stick your but out is right on, just don't stick your chest out at the same time, as this will cause thoracic hyper-extension. The experts say that lumbar flexion is damaging to your spine when squatting. I like to squat with a pretty narrow stance as you were in the video. If you go low like you were with a narrow stance one of two things has to occur in order to keep your center of mass within your base. The first is your but can tuck under, the second is your toes can go over your knees. If you have really strong quads your knees can go way over your toes and your spine will remain neutral (Branch Warren squats like this), but typically both of these adjustments happen to some degree as is the case with you. To avoid lumbar flexion with a narrow stance simply do not go as low, or perform front squats. Holding the barbell in front will transfer your center of mass forward, thus allowing you or should I say forcing you to stay more upright. Being more upright allows you to squat deeper without lumbar flexion, check out Hossein Reza the world's strongest olympic lifter, just youtube "front squat" and he will come up, notice how flat his back remains and how upright he remains despite squatting very deep. To squat lower with traditional back squats simply widen your stance and point your toes slightly out, this should reduce lumbar flexion as your but will not travel as far back as you go down. This stance also puts more emphasis on the glutes. When an olympic lifter does a snatch and squats out of the hole with the weight over head, their feet are not exessively wide, however their knees spread pretty wide allowing space for their hips to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by squat huge View Post
    There is not one proper way to squat, there are several techniques depending on your goal. If you look at the bottom part of your squat you notice that you have lumbar flexion, or in other words your lower back rounds and your but tucks under. The guy who said stick your but out is right on, just don't stick your chest out at the same time, as this will cause thoracic hyper-extension. The experts say that lumbar flexion is damaging to your spine when squatting. I like to squat with a pretty narrow stance as you were in the video. If you go low like you were with a narrow stance one of two things has to occur in order to keep your center of mass within your base. The first is your but can tuck under, the second is your toes can go over your knees. If you have really strong quads your knees can go way over your toes and your spine will remain neutral (Branch Warren squats like this), but typically both of these adjustments happen to some degree as is the case with you. To avoid lumbar flexion with a narrow stance simply do not go as low, or perform front squats. Holding the barbell in front will transfer your center of mass forward, thus allowing you or should I say forcing you to stay more upright. Being more upright allows you to squat deeper without lumbar flexion, check out Hossein Reza the world's strongest olympic lifter, just youtube "front squat" and he will come up, notice how flat his back remains and how upright he remains despite squatting very deep. To squat lower with traditional back squats simply widen your stance and point your toes slightly out, this should reduce lumbar flexion as your but will not travel as far back as you go down. This stance also puts more emphasis on the glutes. When an olympic lifter does a snatch and squats out of the hole with the weight over head, their feet are not exessively wide, however their knees spread pretty wide allowing space for their hips to move forward.
    Great post. Thanks a lot.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw