Thread: 2 board translation to straight weight

2 board translation to straight weight

I've been training for the last 2 months with board presses on my ME day, RAW. I plan on doing a straight weight max at the end of February to see how I am progressing. I hit a 450 single off a 2 board recently that felt really good. I am looking for suggestions on what I should shoot for without the boards. I was thinking 430-435 range. Does this sound about right? I usually do good getting the weight off my chest, my sticking point is usually about where the 2 board comes into play, midway to 3/4 lockout.
    Best lifts

Bench Raw 560 Equipped 725 single ply
    Deadlift 750

Its hard to know what to expect when you drop brds. I drop about 25-30 pounds every brd I drop, but you may be different. Its all depending on your strengths. I would venture a guess in the 405-425 range
    Sponsored by:
    OverKill Strength Equipment
    APT ProWristStraps

Success is usually achieved by always doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability." John Wooden

My previous best was 425. I can triple 405. I guess best way to find out is just do it and see what happens.
    Best lifts

Bench Raw 560 Equipped 725 single ply
    Deadlift 750

Just keep warming up with 50lb jumps to the chest until you hit 400. Then make smart jumps from there. Don't put a number in your head. Just lift.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I'm not the expert bencher, for sure, but as with any lift, if I feel good, I just keep adding weight without a number in my head.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

it's hard to say, everyone is different, depending on your strong/weak points.

warm up and start with 400 off the chest, then 430 which would be a pr for you, then depending on how that feels keep upping the weight in small increments till you miss.

I know lifters that think if they hit a 2 board, at say 400, then do a meet and do 430, then next time if they do a 410 2 board that means they will do 440 at the meet. seems logical , but doesn't always work this way. there is only one way to find out!

good luck let us know what you end up with!

Ryan