The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

New Year, New Goals

Hi everyone,

Been on here for a while, but I've given myself some new goals and feel I need some help in achieving them! I'm 20 years old, 6'-6'1" tall, ~161lbs and been lifting for about a year but only seriously for about 6months ish. My big three look like this:

Bench: 176.4lbs x 5
    Squat: 187.4lbs x 2
    Deadlift: 286.7lbs x 3

My squat is terrible and is less just now than above, I've had a ankle problem for about 1 month and haven't been able to squat, it's got a lot better though and should be back squatting next week.

I'm going on holiday on September 29th and want to try get in good shape for then. I'm looking for a new routine, something quite simple I think, which will allow me to put on some mass. I'm looking at gaining 20lbs for now, which for me is a lot!

I've also ran out of weight gainer. I had been using Cytogainer and was planning on getting some more of that, anyone have opinions on this? Also thinking of getting some sort of creatine/energy boosting suppliment, anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I've also decided to try and learn breakdancing, which requires a lot of bodyweight exercises, such as handstands, balancing on one hand etc... Is this still possible to do while gaining mass?

Thanks in advance,
    Steven
    Last edited by Steven001; 02-21-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    The Time is Now - My Journey to 180lbs
    Skinny Guy Starts Training
    Progress Pictures

Height: 6'-6'1" | Weight:160lbs | Start Weight: 140lbs | Goal Weight: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 264.6lbs x 5

Nothing maxed yet!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

small flabby and hairy joelhall's Avatar
    more protein and calories should sort it. if your squat has gone down, then you probably have over-trained, so just go down by about 20% then work back up.

if youre dancing then add even more calories to compensate. and get some more weight gainer or batter yet a big tub of whey.

i doubt youll gain 20lbs of muscle in 6 months, though adding bodyweight in this time is childs play. how much have you added in the last six months?

Quote Originally Posted by joelhall View Post
    more protein and calories should sort it. if your squat has gone down, then you probably have over-trained, so just go down by about 20% then work back up.

if youre dancing then add even more calories to compensate. and get some more weight gainer or batter yet a big tub of whey.

i doubt youll gain 20lbs of muscle in 6 months, though adding bodyweight in this time is childs play. how much have you added in the last six months?
    I'm not going to be dancing much, just plan on learning the basics by myself just now, but it's still important can do some core body weight exercises.

Yea 20lbs of lean muscle is probably a bit unlikely, but I wouldn't mind a little fat gain. I've gained around 20lbs since I started lifting, most of that happened during the beginning.
    The Time is Now - My Journey to 180lbs
    Skinny Guy Starts Training
    Progress Pictures

Height: 6'-6'1" | Weight:160lbs | Start Weight: 140lbs | Goal Weight: 180lbs
    Deadlift: 264.6lbs x 5

Nothing maxed yet!