The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Help with my german comp program

I'm pretty much a nooby. This is the best program I can come up with, with what I have at home to work with. I do every exercise to perfect form and knock it out in under 40 minutes. I do this 3 times a week and cardio every other day on the treadmill with an incline at 3.5 mph for 80 minutes. What do you think?

A) Cuban Press 3X12
    B) Arnold Press 3X12

C) One-Arm Dumbbell Rows 3X12
    D) Incline Bench Press 3X12

E) Prone Incline Curl 3X12
    F) Decline Triceps Extension 3X12

G) Squats 3X12
    H) Straight Leg Deadlift 3X12

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

small flabby and hairy joelhall's Avatar
    i think its terrible and you should drop it in favour of a tried and tested method like starting strength.

Quote Originally Posted by joelhall View Post
    i think its terrible and you should drop it in favour of a tried and tested method like starting strength.
    lawl I can't tell if you're serious here... Keep in mind starting strength is great but its not a cookie cutter program for everyone (no program is).

What are your goals kid? Gain muscle? lose fat? get bigger? get stronger? What is your experience weightlifting and whats your best bench, squat, and deadlift? it will be a lot easier for us to help you once you post these things.

To the mods, if they read this: We should really demand that guys asking for help post these things. On physicsforums.com, for instance, your expected to post the problem, the information known, related formulas, and an attempt at an answer before they help you. Embedded in every post are headings for each of these categories. Just food for thought.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

small flabby and hairy joelhall's Avatar
    im very serious. this is very high volume to be repeated thrice weekly. for newbies starting strength offers just that - a solid foundation of strength and conditioning which lays the groundwork for future strength sports or bodybuilding. the lower reps allow use of a greater %rm which has a more beneficial result on strength and muscular adaption, added to which a large proportion of this in a beginner are neurological rather than result of hypertrophy at start, giving more satisfactory gains in the first place and giving a good psychological boost in the early days where most lose the initial thrill of starting.

a high volume routine such as this every other days, quickly leads to overtraining and doesnt give as quick results.

hence why its so often recommended especially to beginners.