Thread: Will boxing on the same day as CHEST day hurt my chest gains

Banned

Will boxing on the same day as CHEST day hurt my chest gains

Hey.
    Ok say i do my chest routine on monday at 3:30pm and at 7 or 8pm i do some boxing. Now im talking about will the cardiovascular activity hurt my chest gains, i wanted to know if the motion of punching a bag will hurt my chest gains, cause im not forcing my chest to push and weight. Will it hurt my chest gains or not.
    Thanx

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I don't think that it will hurt your strength gains but any cardio is going to help cut fat and lean you out. "IF" your looking for the most bulk I would think that it would hinder minimally, but I am no expert. Boxing is a great conditioning(cardio).

jus' addin' a penny +a penny
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

From what I know, it's not good for boxers to have large chest, because causes problems when they try to put their gloves together. It is difficult to go elbow to elbow. I don't think that it will make that big of difference on your chest though.
    ANYTHING can happen on a TUESDAY!!!

thats why mike tyson looks sooo small in his chest because it some how hinders his skills.

***********sarcasm ends here******************

try doing your boxing right after shoulders.

Tyson has no more game first off. second, his chest is not that big compared to the rest of him. Third, look at Roy Jones Jr. He has a tiny chest.
    ANYTHING can happen on a TUESDAY!!!

to say tyson doesnt have a jacked upper body including his chest is a disservice to the beast called iron mike.

havent ya ever seen rocky? big chest!!!!!!!!!!

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    mike tyson has a small chest? are you out of your mind

Joey54's crazy partner DumbbellTosser's Avatar
    Boxers are pussies
    It's like I'm a juicer... but I'm not.

Female-anatomy professor Lonestrbeer's Avatar

Boxing

I've been into amateur boxing for about a year now and it hasn't effected my chest in any way. If you know your skills, the breakdown of a successful hit lies mostly in your body weight and rotation at the waist. The only time your chest is used is possibly in the follow through of a hook or right and a little in the jab. Your shoulders and back are the muscle groups most used and they are really the only ones that would be effected by overtraining.
    "Tequila drives me out and beer just makes me fat, whiskey makes me nauscious, tell me who the hell needs that? If you're thinkin, bout drinkin, well the answer's crystal clear. It's the invisible intoxicant, it's called everclear."