Thread: Need a new cellphone

Need a new cellphone

Currently I have a razr, it's fine for making calls but that's about it.

I'm in the market for a new cellphone that I can use the internet on. I need one that has a large screen because I will be trading stocks on it. The bigger the screen the better.

I refuse to get an iphone because I won't be using 90% of it's features.

What are some good models in the $50-$100 range or so. Currently my cell phone plan is with AT&T.

EDIT: I know that the iphone has "3g" which makes if "fast". I would prefer a cell phone that has "3g".
    Last edited by Davey; 02-12-2009 at 06:57 AM.

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

I got a Blackberry with a mail in rebate and it was around $100. You can get around the web, but it isn't as nice as a lot of others. I use it mainly for Instant Messenger and checking email.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Dont get the LG Rumor, I got it and I wanna throw the ******* thing through the window everyday.
    18 yrs old
    176 lbs

Just looking to build muscle, not too worried about being cut

wow this is like exactly my situation. Except for the screen on my razr just kind of stopped working. The phone will be on and i can use it and everything but the screen is black. So im looking for a new phone and dont really wanna spend much over $100 on it but also would like to get a decent one. I also have at&t and have almost a year left on my 2-year agreement, so I'm not really sure what the cheapest route would be for me. Well i'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see the phone suggestions.
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

Check out the Nokia E90.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

If you are looking for a phone to use the internet on, then you NEED to go into the stores and try out the internet on these phones.

I got a SideKick a couple years ago. At the time it had one of the biggest screens out there..... but for the internet it's not that great. The browser it has will not shrink the page properly so you can see content formatted correctly unless you shrink it so small it's impossible to read. The SideKick, on the other hand is very very good for texting because of it's wide full keypad.

I browsed the internet on someone's iPhone and it was much much better than anything else I had seen. Fast too.

Seriously though... if you need to do important things on the internet on a fairly regular basis, you MUST try these things out first and compare them.
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Blackberry curve

i just ordered the lg vu. Its a pretty good price for a touch screen and has gotten some pretty good reviews.
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

Wannabebig Member
    Nokia E71 is the phone you must get. Its incredible, i like it better than iphone, and its 99.99$

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...l=WRLS_BuyFlow

After watching this review I'm actually thinking of getting the iphone.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Tbh_umdSg

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

Did you go and play with it yet? I've known a few people with touchscreen phones and they all say that it's not as cool as it seems at first because the screen gets smudgy and unreadable so it becomes a huge pain in the ass to have to constantly wipe your screen.

Here's an amusing review from Maddox that I had completely forgotten about: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

EDIT: Ok, I watched that review. "If you want the full web experience"...what a ****ing moron. If you want the full web experience, use a goddamn computer.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 02-14-2009 at 07:26 AM.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Yeah, seriously, as I said before. You have to go and try it out in person.
    It's more than just the size of the screen or the feel of the navigation... You also need to get a feel for how well the browser software in the phone can handle different types of web page components and information.
    Not all cellphone browsers are equal,
    'In order to alter the inertial mass of weights, you must become one with them, like a machine, the totality of your motion is as one'

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    Did you go and play with it yet? I've known a few people with touchscreen phones and they all say that it's not as cool as it seems at first because the screen gets smudgy and unreadable so it becomes a huge pain in the ass to have to constantly wipe your screen.

Here's an amusing review from Maddox that I had completely forgotten about: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

EDIT: Ok, I watched that review. "If you want the full web experience"...what a ****ing moron. If you want the full web experience, use a goddamn computer.

I am on my second IPhone and I have figured out if you put a screen protector on it the issue with the smudges is drastically reduced.

I have yet to use a phone that is as advanced as the IPhone that I actually enjoy. I have tried several of the Blackberrys, The AT&T Tilt and several others and I will not be without an IPhone unless they stop making them.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

I didn't think I'd use the iPhone features...but I really, really, really do. I love it - best purchase ever.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    I didn't think I'd use the iPhone features...but I really, really, really do. I love it - best purchase ever.
    I would have to agree. I am posting from it right now.

Plus all of the apps make it even more user friendly. I have not seen a browser on any other phone that compares with the iPhone either. It displays full web pages instead of the mobile versions.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Just call me a Gym Rat!
    I like the new Palm Treo 650...but if you're not into PDA type phones then maybe try Nokias...

BP

I would recommend the instinct over the vu. My brother is a sales manager in the cell phone industry and he thinks the vu is not a very good phone in comparison to other touch screen phones

Wannabebig Member
    i love my iphone . i`m very glad i got it

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
    Blackberry curve
    x2. I love my iPhone and wouldn't trade it for anything, but this would be my 2nd choice. I know you said you won't be using most of an iPhone's features, but you can't go wrong with its internet, e-mail interface, built in iPod, and downloadable apps that you might find useful.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

I love my iPhone. I got a 3G 8 gig at Bestbuy last week for $99. They had a week long $100 off coupon. Anyways, it rocks. I can't imagine life before it. I can track calories, find resturants, track runs/bike rides with GPS apps, track hikes, games, watch movies, music, free badass internet radio, you tube, podcast, etc. I already loaded about 10 episodes of TV shows I watch onto it for my airplane flight out to Ohio this week, and to watch while Viking sleeps.
    Nick V

Banned
    Blackberry storm is another option - I have the curve for work and absolutely love it.