The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Hasta La Victoria Siempre! SocialistaSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4

    Toning body and Creatine

    Hi, since I started lifting in August ive gone from 116 lbs to my current weight of 141 lbs. Its mostly mass. My body fat % is 11.7%. Now I feel like ive bulked up enough, now I wanna tone my body. I have a six pack and I wanna make it stand out when im not flexing. Im dropping my protien shake (Serious Mass) and im thinking about just sticking to creatine. Would that create any problems since im trying to tone my body since I know it retains water? Or would that be more beneficial? Any other advice so I could tone my body and define my abs better? Thanks very much

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    TJW jed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,714
    my advice, and not to be a dick or anything, is to gain more weight. at 141 its almost not worth cutting, unless you really plan on staying at the 140 range the rest of your life. if you plan on getting bigger, then dont even think about cutting until your in the 195-200 range. then, IMO, you can start worrying about cutting!
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

  4. #3
    Moderator joey54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Palmyra, PA
    Posts
    5,712
    I hear distilled water helps with water retention.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Just get under the bar!

  5. #4
    schmitty199
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Reinbeck, Iowa
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialistaSurge View Post
    Hi, since I started lifting in August ive gone from 116 lbs to my current weight of 141 lbs. Its mostly mass. My body fat % is 11.7%. Now I feel like ive bulked up enough, now I wanna tone my body. I have a six pack and I wanna make it stand out when im not flexing. Im dropping my protien shake (Serious Mass) and im thinking about just sticking to creatine. Would that create any problems since im trying to tone my body since I know it retains water? Or would that be more beneficial? Any other advice so I could tone my body and define my abs better? Thanks very much
    Unless your a wrestler, I see no reason to stay at or cut from 141 pounds.. in the long run you'll be much happier with the results imo if you keep getting bigger.
    Last edited by schmitty199; 03-02-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Age:19
    Height:5'10
    Weight: 203
    Bench-295
    Squat-515
    Hclean-305
    JOURNAL: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...ight=schmittys

  6. #5
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    How old are you, how tall are you, and what is your overall appearance goal?
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

  7. #6
    Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NORTHERN Virginia
    Posts
    1,381
    To "tone" you would have to lose weight, which seems kinda stupid at 141... but that's gonna be what you have to do...

    Don't put any thought into the distilled water thing.

  8. #7
    Moderator joey54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Palmyra, PA
    Posts
    5,712
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteman90909 View Post
    To "tone" you would have to lose weight, which seems kinda stupid at 141... but that's gonna be what you have to do...

    Don't put any thought into the distilled water thing.
    Of course not. I just like to give dumb advice to dumb posts sometimes. OP listen to Schmitty. You have no reason to think about what you are saying at this point.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Just get under the bar!

  9. #8
    Hasta La Victoria Siempre! SocialistaSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4
    Well for my type of body im at my highest. Im already getting a little flabby around my lower ab area and I dont like it. Im not really looking to lose weight. At most like maybe 5 pounds, but I just want to rip my body a little more. Then bulk up once again. I dont think thats a bad idea, why bulk up and then have to work even HARDER then I have to to rip it up? Its been six months since I started and I think itd be a good time to start defining my muscles a little more. My normal weight is 120ish range. Im 17 years old, 5"7, and my goal is to go up to about 160 pounds in the long run. Short run im shooting for 150. I just dont wanna be a flabby and then have to worry about it even more.

  10. #9
    permanently bulking Titanium_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialistaSurge View Post
    Well for my type of body im at my highest. Im already getting a little flabby around my lower ab area and I dont like it. Im not really looking to lose weight. At most like maybe 5 pounds, but I just want to rip my body a little more. Then bulk up once again. I dont think thats a bad idea, why bulk up and then have to work even HARDER then I have to to rip it up? Its been six months since I started and I think itd be a good time to start defining my muscles a little more. My normal weight is 120ish range. Im 17 years old, 5"7, and my goal is to go up to about 160 pounds in the long run. Short run im shooting for 150. I just dont wanna be a flabby and then have to worry about it even more.
    The reason everyone is telling you to get bigger before cutting is that you can only get more definition by losing bodyfat, which means cutting back your calories and losing some weight. You will always lose some muscle when you do this, so you would look a LOT better if you bulked up to 180, and maybe cut down to 165ish at 8-10% bodyfat, than you would to cut from where you are now and be around 132 at 7-8% bodyfat. Make sense?
    Last edited by Titanium_Jim; 03-03-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    "I would have had sex with a pornstar, slapped a bitch and stole someone's dog." - deeder
    "Ever heard the term "screwing like rabbits? There's a reason it came about, and it has nothing to do with putting up drywall." - mrelwooddowd
    "If you are looking for a workout that will make you sore, you need to reassess your priorities, and perhaps look for an S&M club in your area." - Paul Stagg
    "I do encourage that people laugh at the fact I've put ass creme on my face." - Rock Steady
    "I look like a condom full of walnuts." - Risk10k
    "...the mothers would hang out of the window to get a piece of my little peanut ass and my bronzelike skin." - Rock

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •