Thread: Killer Shoulder Workouts...

Threaded View

Killer Shoulder Workouts...

Ok, we have a lot of experienced guys on here and I think that it would be valuable for everyone to list some recent workouts that have given a good pump, strength increase, or size to their shoulders (delts / traps).

This is a sometimes neglected area for a lot of trainees but in my opinion one of the key components to a truely impressive physique. When you see someone with bowling ball shoulders and jacked up traps it just looks "strong".

Here are some of my favorites:

Wrist Rotating Front Raises - Front Delts (The trick is to turn your fists down as you reach the top of the motion, so that it is almost like you are pouring out a glass of water once your arms are at 90 degrees to your body).
    Wide Grip Upright Rows / High Pulls - Traps and Rear Delts
    Non Supported Smith Machine Seated Presses - Delts (sitting on a flat bench with no back support, bar down to collar bone and full lockout, high reps with a light weight as a "finisher").
    Dumbell Military Presses - Delts (This is my "heavy" movement for shoulders, along with the wide grip upright rows).
    Shoulder "21's" - Delts (Similar to the popular biceps movement, you pick a weight that you could probably side raise for 10 strict reps and then perform seated rear delt bent over raises, seated side raises, and then standing front raises for 7 reps on each movement without any rest between sets. Another good "finisher")

Looking forward to see what kind of other programs everyone is working with out there...
    Last edited by Tom Mutaffis; 03-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com