The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    PaddleSkiBikeClimbHikeLift Hunt's Avatar

HELP! How Quickly to Increase Calories in Transition from Cutting to Bulking???

I am going to finish my first cutting diet/routine within the next month. I feel as though I would like to increase my calories first to a maintenance level (activity-adjusted BMR calorie intake) to give my body time to adjust and then move on to a bulking intake (between 18-20 calories per pound bodyweight - unless others here have suggestions). I have three questions:

1) How quickly should I be increasing my calorie intake as I make these transitions (# cals per day per week)? I am currently at 2100 calories having gone from 205# to what will be nearly 180# after 10-11 weeks of cutting.

2) How long should I spend at the maintenance calorie intake level to allow my body to adjust to the new eating routine?

3) What kind of macronutrient splits should I be aiming for at maintenance and bulking levels? Currently on my cutting diet I am hitting something around 50% protein / 33% carb / 17% fat.

Thanks for the help. I have to get my plan together now.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bone crusher
    i have recently done the same over about 1 months time. I dont think it matter though as in the end i am feeling all bloated from the carbs- just as i remember from before

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Thats easy.

Eat more...of everything. More fat, more carbs, more protein.

When you start bulking, eat even more, if you can handle it, zombie bait.