The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Some advice please

hi

i am 21 and i am 6ft 2 and only weigh 151 pounds (10st.8)so as you can imagine im very skinny. i would probably say i have about 5% body fat or something not much at all really basically just skin and bones.

i have been doing wbb program for a few weeks just to get used to the program and now a wanna bulk up while doing this program i know i will have to put on fat to gain muscle but that doesnt bother me i would like to gain 30 lbs by august dont know if it is possible though? but dont want to stop there just a target i have got in my head

this is basically what i eat during the day:

breakfast - porridge
    lunch - have a large mcdonalds meal ( not all the time )
    Tea - i have some sort of meat with about 3 vegs and potatoe
    before bed - have pizza or pasta

it ist like this everyday but it something like that

i do eat stuff in between but not much maybe packet of crisps chocolate bar

i have a protein shake with milk after every workout

i think i might have a high metabolism im not sure i mean i eat more than my mates and they are bigger than me dont know if that really a good way to judge it though.

1. i was just looking for advice on what sort of food i could eat that is really high in calories?it is really hard to eat in between meals some days because im at university doing a forensic science course and when you are in labs you cant eat and drink but in lectures a can.

2. a really struggle to count how many caloies im actually eating any advice on how to calculate this would be nice. i mean the meat a buy doesnt say how much protein and carbs is in it just says what meat it is. it is from the butchers so that probably why.

3. What sort of calories should i be aiming for each day to be able to put on about 1 - 2 lbs per week

4. Also would anyone reccommend taking a weight gainer powder drink ?

i really like my food so there isnt any food that i dont like or wont eat really except sprouts!!! but if they are recommended by anyone i guess i will just stomach them.

Thanks for reading and any advice that is given

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Macros? First thing, it looks like you need more protein but without macros I can't tell for sure.

If you gain weight on your diet, it works. If you don't, eat more. It really is that simple.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

I would add in about 2 more "meals" on top of what you're eating now; whether that be a weight gainer/protein shake or a whole food meal. I really wouldn't worry about counting calories too much now, just eat... and then eat some more. I would focus on high protein foods and good carbs and fats: steak, beef, chicken, potatoes, rice, oats, etc. I'm not sure what your target calories would be, but I would say around 3,000+. If you're still not gaining, then bump it up some more until you start gaining weight. I'm assuming you're training hard with all of this?
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Wannabebig Member
    Eat till you are stuff. Never allow yourself to get hungry because you have lost an opportunity to gain weight. If you wake up in the middle of a night hungry, eat. Do not worry about counting calories, just eat. If you do not gain any weight, eat more. NO CARDIO at this time. If you can use At Large Nutritions Maximus Mass Stack. This will help you get more calories. Eat,Eat, Eat and Eat some more. Do not allow much time between eating. Snack on nuts, jerky, cheese, peanut butter and what Pete22 said. When I was 21 I was just like you and this is what I did. I am no hulk nor am I hollywood,yet, but I am 6ft weighing in between 225-230lbs and my metabolism use to be extremely fast. I personally believe if you eat and train as a powerlifter you might gain faster, but that is just my opinion. Good Luck!

Your food choices need to be much better and you need to eat a lot more. You have found the right forum. Keep reading/searching and you will find many of the answers you are looking for.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    I would add in about 2 more "meals" on top of what you're eating now; whether that be a weight gainer/protein shake or a whole food meal. I really wouldn't worry about counting calories too much now, just eat... and then eat some more. I would focus on high protein foods and good carbs and fats: steak, beef, chicken, potatoes, rice, oats, etc. I'm not sure what your target calories would be, but I would say around 3,000+. If you're still not gaining, then bump it up some more until you start gaining weight. I'm assuming you're training hard with all of this?
    My thoughts, exactly. I started at 6' tall and 125 pounds and now I'm 257 pounds. EAT. Protein shakes and milk are very easy to drink and get calories from.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for all of the replies

sorry i havent replied earlier just after i typed my questions i fell alseep and been to uni all day

well i think i will get some weight gainer powder stuff but try and eat alot more than what i do i will buy some nuts and dried fruit too munch on in lectures and stuff and i think i will wake up in the night and have one of them shakes then for quickness

i didnt think it was as easy as just eat loads and loads but i guess when i think about it it is the only way to do it really

hopefully with the WBB program and this i will put on weight thanks everyone

Wannabebig Member
    thanks rbtrout i make sure i have plenty i got a 10lb tub of protein and i might take a litre of milk to drink through the whole day

Banned
    Change liter to gallon and you're set.

Or 4.54 liters since your country has the wackiest measurements on earth.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks i will should it be full fat or semi skimmed milk?

that a lot of milk but a guess the saying think big,eat big ,get big is true

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dazids View Post
    thanks i will should it be full fat or semi skimmed milk?

that a lot of milk but a guess the saying think big,eat big ,get big is true
    Full fat. Throw a little chocolate syrup in there too if you get sick of tasting plain milk.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Wannabebig Member
    thanks i have got some milk shake flavouring best go out and buy plenty milk tomorrow then

i dont know if this is allowed or not but could anyone reccconmend a weight gainer powder that i can get in the uk its just that the at large stuff will cost a fortune to get sent from america Thanks

Do you mean weight gainer or protein supplement? If you mean weight gainer, just make your own. Protein + lots of extra **** + a blender = weight gainer.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.