The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

28 months later!

Anyone a fan of the 28 weeks/28 days later movies? Well there coming out with another one. These have been the best zombie series in a long time, the second one was a little weak because it lacked encounters with zombies but hopefully they've learned and will make up for it in this installment. Accoirding to the link it should be coming out this year.

Also anyone who loves zombie movies check out Diary of the Dead pretty good movie from George a Romero.

Note: Yes I know there not considered zombies to some but all zombie buffs see it this way.

28 Months Later

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

the first one is probably one of my favorite movies ever...I hope they go back to their roots in the third one and go for the more artistic look/feel that made it so different from other zombie movies. The band that did the soundtrack (godspeed you black emperor) is not together anymore and that was by far one of the best parts of the movie, the music was just so intense so hopefully they will do something with that as well.

I hated the first one. It was unbelievably boring. Never saw the second one. I'm not surprised they're still riding this horse though. As long as it keeps making money, they'll keep making movies...just like those god damn Saw flicks.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

The first one was a lot better then the second and I do hope they go back to that sort of film.

The second one actually did horrible in the box office but I think DVD sales were good enough to justify a third.

I agree with the Saw series they've gotten so out of hand. I can hardly remember what happened in the last one. I think the killer ended up being one of the cops not sure though.

The first saw and the one where they were in the house were good. After that I lost interest and watched them more for my GF then for me. Well the last one I watched cause I was completely bored.

I think the first scene of the 2nd movie was one of the best ever. It really makes you think what would you do if your life and your most loved ones life was on the line. I thought that was a great scene.

I like both a lot.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    I think the first scene of the 2nd movie was one of the best ever. It really makes you think what would you do if your life and your most loved ones life was on the line. I thought that was a great scene.

I like both a lot.
    It's the best scene of the whole movie. This movie came on constantly for a while on cinemax and I watched this scene every single time i got a chance to. Was beautiful in HD as well.

Banned
    If anyone read the book World War Z, there is a movie coming out for that in the near future as well. That could be really good or really bad just like 28 months...

Banned
    The part of that scene where Robert Carlye is running and the look of fear in his eyes... it is the best part of that movie. The first one was better but I am glad they are making a third, I'll definitely go see it.

I liked the first one better than the second. I'm down for the third. I really dig the sprinting Olympic gold medalist zombies, as opposed to the slow-moving ones. ****'s ******ed. I mean, if you think about it, even an 8 year old can outrun slow-moving zombies. However, when the zombies sprint like Kenyans, you know you're ****ed, so it's scarier.

Please check out Shaun of the Dead for you people who like zombie movies, it is pretty funny. Also I really liked the Dawn of the Dead - 2004, the remake of the 1978 classic, the 1978 Dawn of the Dead may be one of the funniest movies I have ever scene and highly recommend it (it was not intended on being funny i don't think).
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

the 1978 Dawn of the Dead may be one of the funniest movies I have ever scene and highly recommend it (it was not intended on being funny i don't think).
    That was the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I had to stop watching about 30 mins in and I love zombie movies.

I'm looking forward to 28 Months Later. The first was definitely the best, but I liked the second one a lot too. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this one - I'm pretty sure we're looking at world wide infection.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    the first one is probably one of my favorite movies ever...I hope they go back to their roots in the third one and go for the more artistic look/feel that made it so different from other zombie movies. The band that did the soundtrack (godspeed you black emperor) is not together anymore and that was by far one of the best parts of the movie, the music was just so intense so hopefully they will do something with that as well.
    I think if they could somehow work with the screaming vocals (or maybe even take them out), Envy would be a really great choice for some soundtrack pieces. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_4wVg-Ti4

They have a really similar instrumental style to Godspeed You Black Emperor,
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

The first one was good.

The second one, except for the first 10-15 minutes, blew.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post
    That was the dumbest movie I've ever seen. I had to stop watching about 30 mins in and I love zombie movies.
    Ya, I thought it was hilarious b/c it was so stupid - which is why I highly recommend you see it. Like when there were a million zombies in the mall and the guy gets into the blood pressure machine to check his blood pressure or the one zombie walks up a wood pile and gets chopped into pieces by the helicopter.

I can't believe some of you think the 1st one was better than the 2nd. The 1st one was completely forgettable in my opinion and it seemed like there were really only a few people who actually appear in all the scenes in the movie. I realize this is sorta a characteristic of zombie movies bu at least 28 Weeks Later was able to fork over some good production cost stuff. I liked that they had scenes with dozens and dozens of people running from the zombies and whatnot.

The 1st scene was definitely a trip. It took me a few minutes to realize that the actual movie had started and I wasn't watching another preview. There wasn't anything specifically to lead you to believe that it was a zombie movie you were watching (until they start to attack) and the intro/credits or title screen or whatever didn't show up until later.

Quasi-futuristic city + quarantine + expensive military equipment = awesome. None of the estate-out-in-the-woods crap like the 1st film. I'm looking forward to this 3rd installment.

As for zombie movies in general, I have to see Diary of the Dead, and apparently there are some other good ones that have come out recently like that one with Nazi Zombies. Also I highly recommend the Day of the Dead from the 1980's for a good and corny zombie movie filled with some of the best dialogue ever (I actually had Captain Rhodes as my avatar for a while). Planet Terror was awesome and very recommendable as well. I'm honestly impressed to see so many zombie movie fans here. It's a fairly new secret indulgence for me.

PS I actually liked the original Dawn of the Dead movie (the one from the 70's). Not sure what you guys have against it. Regardless of whether a zombie movie is supposed to be intentionally or unintentionally funny... it's still a zombie movie and you should know what you're getting in to beforehand.

Then again I suppose I am not surprised that such a profane man like Jorge might not be able to enjoy the high-brow subtleties of cinema's most esteemed genre.
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 03-11-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

The first movie was good because it had a reasonably believable story-line and the zombies are fast.

The second movie blew because, except for the father and mother who become a super-zombie and zombie punching bag 15:00 into the movie, you (at least I) couldn't give two sh**s about the characters.

Special effects were fine in the second one, but gore and torture just don't do it for me.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Banned
    I like how animal rights activists are responsible for the deaths of everyone in Britain. My favorite part of the plot anyways.

Banned
    I kind of agree with Sensei about the second movie. I like it, but he did just wrap that movie up in one sentence.

The original Night of the Living Dead was awesome, after that there always seems to be a bit of humor in Zombie movies. The 80s run of Night of the Living Dead remakes and sequels of remakes had some of the most ridiculous zombies ever, but that is what was so fun about them. The gore was over the top to the point of laughing at it. I think that humor is was spawned Shuan of the Dead, which is awesome imo.

Ya, I thought it was hilarious b/c it was so stupid - which is why I highly recommend you see it. Like when there were a million zombies in the mall and the guy gets into the blood pressure machine to check his blood pressure or the one zombie walks up a wood pile and gets chopped into pieces by the helicopter.
    Actually, I just realized I'm getting the original Dawn of the Dead (which I haven't seen) mixed up with another zombie movie. The one I was thinking about starts in a cemetery and some lady's husband gets attacked by zombies and he, or rather a very obvious dummy in a suit, hits his head and dies. The woman then runs to a house where she meets up with some other peeps.

I don't remember what it's called, but it sucked. I'm sure it has some of the cheesy factor laughs though.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post
    Actually, I just realized I'm getting the original Dawn of the Dead (which I haven't seen) mixed up with another zombie movie. The one I was thinking about starts in a cemetery and some lady's husband gets attacked by zombies and he, or rather a very obvious dummy in a suit, hits his head and dies. The woman then runs to a house where she meets up with some other peeps.

I don't remember what it's called, but it sucked. I'm sure it has some of the cheesy factor laughs though.
    Was it in black and white? That's the original Night of the Living Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    I can't believe some of you think the 1st one was better than the 2nd. The 1st one was completely forgettable in my opinion and it seemed like there were really only a few people who actually appear in all the scenes in the movie. I realize this is sorta a characteristic of zombie movies bu at least 28 Weeks Later was able to fork over some good production cost stuff. I liked that they had scenes with dozens and dozens of people running from the zombies and whatnot.

The 1st scene was definitely a trip. It took me a few minutes to realize that the actual movie had started and I wasn't watching another preview. There wasn't anything specifically to lead you to believe that it was a zombie movie you were watching (until they start to attack) and the intro/credits or title screen or whatever didn't show up until later.

Quasi-futuristic city + quarantine + expensive military equipment = awesome. None of the estate-out-in-the-woods crap like the 1st film. I'm looking forward to this 3rd installment.

As for zombie movies in general, I have to see Diary of the Dead, and apparently there are some other good ones that have come out recently like that one with Nazi Zombies. Also I highly recommend the Day of the Dead from the 1980's for a good and corny zombie movie filled with some of the best dialogue ever (I actually had Captain Rhodes as my avatar for a while). Planet Terror was awesome and very recommendable as well. I'm honestly impressed to see so many zombie movie fans here. It's a fairly new secret indulgence for me.

PS I actually liked the original Dawn of the Dead movie (the one from the 70's). Not sure what you guys have against it. Regardless of whether a zombie movie is supposed to be intentionally or unintentionally funny... it's still a zombie movie and you should know what you're getting in to beforehand.

Then again I suppose I am not surprised that such a profane man like Jorge might not be able to enjoy the high-brow subtleties of cinema's most esteemed genre.
    I liked the first one so much better because they didn't have as much money so they actually had to put a lot of effort into the film. I thought the camera angles and the music that went along with everything was just brilliant. It was more artsy if you will and the second one just seemed like a mainstream zombie movie. I still liked it but the first one blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    I think you mean "28 dollars later."

Srsly though, the 2nd was pretty bland. 1st was very refreshing though.
    Stats: 11/15/07-First-meet--2nd Meet----3rd meet
    Weight: 185-----187---------198---------198
    Max Bench: 255---220-----------280------300
    Max Squat: 405----395----------440------460
    Max Dead:475-----485----------551------570
    CHINUPS - Bodyweight + 135, x1, dead hang. Still working on the one arm chinup.

the first one was sooooo good. the first scene in the second film was also amazing. i hope this one surprises.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Banned
    Return of the Living Dead just started on IFC. Playing again at 12:45 (central). This is one of the cheesy 80s zombie movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I liked the first one so much better because they didn't have as much money so they actually had to put a lot of effort into the film. I thought the camera angles and the music that went along with everything was just brilliant. It was more artsy if you will and the second one just seemed like a mainstream zombie movie. I still liked it but the first one blew me away.
    I completely agree with this. The first one had a completely different feel than most zombie movies. The characters were memorable, the twist with the soldiers was cool as well. I like when a normal dude (Jim) is the hero of the movie. It was slow at times, but I'm alright with that.

The second one was decent, but not in the same league as the first. D'Anconia, you really seem to enjoy the high budget stuff that just spends money for the sake of spending money. The characters in the second were largely forgettable, but the effects were decent and it's clear the budget was fairly large. Besides the beginning, my favorite scene is Doyle(?) pushing the car. It was another typical zombie movie, to me, definitely a much faster pace overall.

I hope the third one is a mix of the first two. I'm sure the kids will be in it to some extent and the story will revolve larger scale infection. End of the world type stuff.