Thread: Can Kai Greene be the next Mr. O?

Can Kai Greene be the next Mr. O?

In the pictures from yesterday's Arnold Classic Kai looked downright massive. I have thought since Phil Heath got 3rd last year at the O, and with his history of making incredible improvements from year to year, he was the heir apparent to the Olympia this year. Will it come down to Kai and Phil come fall? Will Dexter and Jay be able to hang with them? Will Victor be able to improve his legs slightly by then? Maybe the most wide open Mr. Olympia in years.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Wrong website, I've tried before, no one here is even remotely into professional bbing, unfortunately.

If Jay can get his waist smaller like it has been before, he'll be a big contender. I still think Victor has a good shot, he's just got to keep working on his legs.

Good call on Phil though, he was sick at last years O. All just depends comming into the show who's had better conditioning

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    If Jay can get his waist smaller like it has been before, he'll be a big contender.
    LOL, don't think that'll happen anymore. I think Kai is too blocky, just like Jay. He's starting to lose the aesthetic look while other mass monsters like Martinez, Heath and Wolf still have the small waist to give them a great taper.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    LOL, don't think that'll happen anymore. I think Kai is too blocky, just like Jay. He's starting to lose the aesthetic look while other mass monsters like Martinez, Heath and Wolf still have the small waist to give them a great taper.
    But those guys have other problems which limit them as well. Wolf's lacking good calves and he isn't as dry from the back as some of the others.

Martinez has got most of a year to make up and Heath needs a bit more mass in the right place (and a tad more conditioning to match Jackson.)

Even with Jay's blocky waist he still beat out Heath...Cutler's a hard name to match (not to mention that Jackson as the current Mr.O has an incumbency advantage), so Phil needs to make improvements.

As for Kai, it's unlikely. Heath was the first newbie to place as high as he did since Yates in...'91 I think it was...he took second to Lee Haney in his O debut.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 03-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Green's legs are simply unbeatable.

I still like Phil for this year, but I could see it playing out like this;

Phil Heath=Flex Wheeler
    Kai Greene=Ronnie Coleman

I think Jay's time has passed, and I don't know if Dexter can hold on. Dennis Wolf was great two years ago, but didn't do much last year in the area of improvement. Victor is still in the mix if he can get his legs up.

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Phil Heath=Flex Wheeler
    Kai Greene=Ronnie Coleman
    I'd agree with that.

Just watch... give Victor a couple of years.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal