The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Epstein-Barr virus? aka Glandular fever aka mononucleosis

I've been feeling very tired for the last ~3 weeks, the thing is I'm not weaker in the gym, mental performance is not altered (classes grades are as good as usual), it is just that I feel like I need to sleep 12 hours every day. I've never felt like this before. So basically I feel perfectly good, but at the same time extremely tired (kind of hard to explain...). I'm not losing body mass, in fact I look more muscular than ever.

For instance, I slept about 10 hours this morning (and 12 hours the morning before), it was hard to get out of bed, and now I feel tired, yet I'm having a date tonight and I know I won't look tired to her, I don't feel sleepy yet I feel like I'd need to sleep for a couple of days (maybe that's what I need! But I won't be able to do so until at least 8 weeks from now!).

I don't have any other symptoms.

I have a few hypothesises:

-The winter is so long over here (47th parallel), that I might just need a good dose of sun.

-I've been working a lot (jobs + school) for the last two years, I currently am working 40 hours a week + full time university and I worked 7 days a week the last 2 summers.

-I've met a woman about 8 weeks ago who complained of often being very tired. I read that glandular fever is often transmitted by kissing, and that it primarily affects my age range.

-All of the above.

Have any of you gotten similar fatigue?
    Last edited by Max Thunder; 03-10-2009 at 02:24 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!