The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: cardio output

PR blaster!

cardio output

What's the optimal way to increase cardio output?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Fartlek

PR blaster!
    bump for the masterminds
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

What do you mean by "output"?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

PR blaster!
    Sorta like maximum hypertrophy and optimum hypertrophy. Powerlifters seek optimum hypertrophy by using lower reps to optimize intramuscular coordination and strength....bodybuilders want maximum hypertrophy to get as large as possible by using higher reps although I dont quite understand that yet. My question what kind of aerobic workout would one do to optimize cardio output. Making the heart larger increases its demands for o2 which I believe is not ideal. An analogy is an automobile engine. Making it larger doesnt make it more efficient, but, say, reducing friction would decrease losses and make it more efficient.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

Well, that's kinda a complicated question. I need to know some specific performance goals, since "output" is really general and dependent on a lot of factors.

Give me some examples of things you'd like to do with "improved output."

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

PR blaster!
    I'm not sure....let's start off with what effects cardio output. Any links where I could read about it?
    Last edited by sysopt; 04-10-2002 at 07:58 PM.

Main things are the cardiopulmonary issues and the muscular endurance issues.

Cardiopulmonary deals with the action of your heart and lungs, specifically stroke volume, heart rate, and VO2 max. In other words, how efficiently your lungs can process O2, and how efficiently your heart gets blood through your body.

The muscular endurance angle is how well your muscles are adapted to aerobic metabolism, which is a function of ST fibers and specific aerobic adaptations to all the fibers. This can also carry over into the anaerobic/lactate threshold as well, w/o becoming truly aerobic.

For the cardiopulmonary factors, anything that stresses heightened activity of those systems will work. This can be anything from a distance run to 10 minutes of fartlek. This will be highly specific to what you wish to accomplish.

Muscular endurance, as well, can be trained with endurance work or with lactate-threshold work. As with the cardiopulmonary adaptations, the development of these qualities are highly specific to your goals.