Thread: video of titan katana

Wannabebig Member

video of titan katana

hey does anyone have links to videos or how to page just to give me som ideas on better ways to put a super titan katana bench shirt on

thx

Putting one on? What are you having trouble with?

I'm not sure about videos as far as getting one on, but maybe someone can throw one up, but as far as benching in one, in my opinion, find videos of Mark Bell benching. That guy has his Katana dialed in

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by majefski82 View Post
    hey does anyone have links to videos or how to page just to give me som ideas on better ways to put a super titan katana bench shirt on

thx
    I put mine on starting with the shirt "inside out". Pull the sleeves up over the elbows, paying attention to the seam position(for tweeking). Once the sleeves are up, pull it over your head and the body part down. Then I go to a bar on the bench and force my armpits down on the bar to seat the armpits. If needed you can have someone pull the shoulders back while you "swim" into it. Set the collar and load the bar! Sleeve seam position and collar position are very important for the weight loading of the shirt.

Here is a vid of my last meet. Not as impressive as Mark Bells, but not bad for an 'old fat man'.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/248296..._apc_02_22_09/
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

That's a really good video though! You can see your form really well. Good stuff Roger.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
    I put mine on starting with the shirt "inside out". Pull the sleeves up over the elbows, paying attention to the seam position(for tweeking). Once the sleeves are up, pull it over your head and the body part down. Then I go to a bar on the bench and force my armpits down on the bar to seat the armpits. If needed you can have someone pull the shoulders back while you "swim" into it. Set the collar and load the bar! Sleeve seam position and collar position are very important for the weight loading of the shirt.

Here is a vid of my last meet. Not as impressive as Mark Bells, but not bad for an 'old fat man'.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/248296..._apc_02_22_09/
    Not as impressive? how many people you know your age or even 10 years younger can bench like that? that 310kg when up like it should have been your opener.
    Current Stats:
    5'8" @ 204lbs

2013 Goals (single ply):
    1700lbs total

Thanks guys. That's a single ply F6 Super at work. 722 will fall next meet.

Majefski82, I also use suit slippers if the sleeves are real tight. I don't normally do it, but baby powder on your arms & shoulders will help get it on if it's a tight one. Water it down after it's on to help break it in. The water doesn't effect the poly, but helps it seat better.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

Wannabebig Member
    thanks guys just brand new to it and not sure if it is actually on right or not?

It's covered well in the Super Training "Never Enough Bench" DVD. My training partner uses a Katana. I'll see if we can get video of how we set it up this Thursday. He's getting 150 lbs out of a stock Katana. He just switched to the Super Katana.

Wannabebig Member
    how bout does anyone know anyone in austin tx area to help me out

Your definitly gonna need some training partners when your benching in a shirt.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Banned
    how bout does anyone know anyone in austin tx area to help me out
    http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/gyms/hyde-park-gym

Wannabebig Member
    just wondering if anyone knew anyone with shirt experience could help with any bits of advice they have in austin tx i do know of that gym thnx

Banned
    just wondering if anyone knew anyone with shirt experience could help with any bits of advice they have in austin tx i do know of that gym thnx
    Have you been there to train? Is there anyone there with shirt experience? Dallas is only 3 hours away with Bad Attitude Gym there. At some point you've got to take the initiative...