I know I have been a bit quiet, thats because things have been a bit quiet on the training and diet front in general.
Last week, the sickness bug I caught really hit me for 6 I felt weak with hardly any appetite all the way through to the weekend and now I seem to have a damn cold. Appetite is coming back now though.
Anyway, enough bitching. I got into the gym both Weds and Thursday and had two really good sessions, despite feeling a bit off. The tier training program I am using works in four week blocks so we went back to week one again this week and I am pleased that compared to the week 1 from the previous block, all lifts are up. Numbers below:
Rest times between sets are all 90 sec for each exercise and about 3-4 mins between moving onto a new exercise. (5 mins if I can manage to stretch it out strategically with some random talk to the PT.. He soon catches on I am looking for more rest lol.)
Weds April 1st
- Romanian Deadlift 5 x 6 (90K for the first set, stripping off 2.5k each set leaving 80K for the last set)
- Front Squat 4 x 15 (70K, 60K, 57.5K, 55K)
- Single arm dumbbell row 3 x 15 each arm (20K, 17.5K, 15K dumbbells)
- Dumbbell Step up 2 x 6 (15K dumbbells)
- Single leg squats on a box 1 x 15 (bodyweight)
Thurs April 2nd
- Back Squat 5 x 15 (75K for the first set, stripping off 2.5k each set leaving 65K for the last set)
- Chin ups 4 x 15 supported by a blue and green band (the last 2 sets I needed a bit of help getting to 10+ reps)
- Dumbbell squat and push press 3 x 6 (22.5K, 20K, 17.5K dumbbells)
- Single leg squats on a box 2 x 15 (bodyweight)
- Dip 1 x 15 supported by two red bands
Im really pleased with hammering out the 5 sets on back squat, it was an absolutely killer and the last 5 reps on sets 3,4 and 5 were like oldskool 20 rep squats but I grinded it out with pretty good form. It had me blowing hard though!!!
Still loving this routine, its exactly what I need. Its getting me stronger, building endurance and will definitely get me lean and fitter overall.
Diet wise, Weds and Thursday was very good. Not exactly as planned but on the whole clean with enough food.
Breakfast is either oats or scrambled egg. 11am has been fruit with a protein shake and some cashew nuts. Lunch for both days was salmon, rice and kale. Fruit and a shake mid afternoon and a normal meal in the evening that I dont sweat about too much. Its generally pretty clean though.
I am going to get a bit more detailed about diet and report it back here weekly but for now I am just eating regularly, making sure its clean and not sweating the evening meal too much. Trust me, thats about 1000 times better than it ever has been! I go on vacation next week for four nights, but after that I may get a bit more detailed about recording and posting it here.
Ill update on Saturday with tonights workout and then wont update again for about 7-8 days as I am off to a place called Kempley for a nice relaxing break and to celebrate the move from working for someone else to going it alone (well, with Chris!)
Good news for you is that youll see more of me on the forum as a result