The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Rotator Cuff

Rotator Cuff

I have been doing this routine (recommended to me on these forums after I hurt my knee) and my left rotator cuff hurts a bunch (my joints have never been GREAT and my left shoulder has felt a bit iffy for a couple months now) and I was wondering if there was anything I could change to avoid this pain.

Day 1 Chest and abs

Bench.
    Dip.
    Crunch.
    V-ups.

Day 2 Back and shoulders

Chin
    Row standing
    T-bar row
    OH Press

Day 3 Rest

Day 4 (see Day 1)

Day 5(see Day 2)

Days 6&7 Rest.

4-5 sets for everything...staying in a 8-12 rep range (less than 8 lower the weight and more than 12 increase the weight).

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    No squats or deadlifts? Hurt knee or not, I can't believe anyone on this forum told you to do this routine.

You need to post videos for us to critique your form.

Banned
    Google the sleeper stretch. You lay on your side, rest your head on your shoulder, grab your wrist and pull it towards the floor while its bent at 90 degrees. Glenohumeral internal rotation deficit can put a lot of strain on your shoulder while benching.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpstick View Post
    No squats or deadlifts? Hurt knee or not, I can't believe anyone on this forum told you to do this routine.

You need to post videos for us to critique your form.

I told him to do that routine. With a injured knee you don't mess around with exercises like deadlifts and squats. Besides which it was only supposed to be temporary until his knee healed.

And Mr. Neader you stated that your joints have never been great and that your left shoulder has felt iffy for a couple of months now...however you did not provide me that information in your previous post where I replied to you about two weeks ago. That was kind of important since had I known that, I would have recommended something different.

If something hurts do not do it...no matter how potentially good it is.

First I'd go and get checked out and get the green light from a doctor for training again. Then I would find out what exercises I could do without pain and work on those.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 03-17-2009 at 04:42 AM.

The only exercise that ever consistently made my shoulder feel iffy were dumbbell raises and I had never
    had any shoulder pain outside the gym until yesterday. (My previous routine was a mess and included
    a whole day of just shoulder exercises) I got a PM from a member about this post and have realized that
    it most likely has something to do with using an inconsistent grip when doing bench. Benching yesterday is
    most likely what caused the problem. The gym at my school is very crowded and I often have to use a skinny
    bar for bench because the regular ones are all taken and I think I end up putting my hands way too far out. I am
    18 years old by the way so my joints aren't absolutely TERRIBLE...yet.

Try scarecrows and facepulls as prehab. I was having bad rotator tendonitis and that realy helped ot.

In any exercise that is hampered use lower weights and work your way up until your rotator cuff is stronger. You should really include rotator cuff specific exercises in your routine. There are plenty out there.
    I went to Rhodestown and all I got was this high cholesterol

Wannabebig Member
    Be careful with shoulder pain. An MRI showed my pain was a torn labrum in my cuff. Surgery made it stronger than before. I fear my right shoulder might be next. Doc told me any exercise where you raise your hands over your head is not good for weak shoulders. Go lightly and increase weight very slowly over time.

my left shoulder has been giving me pain for the past couple weeks. I stopped doing incline, flys, and mil. press to avoid hurting it more. Usually it goes away but I iced it twice today. I hope it goes away soon.

Banned
    Pushing exercises cause you tight internal rotation. Do this stretch and you will feel much better.

http://nemsi.uchc.edu/images/photo_s...stretch_02.jpg
    Last edited by mchicia1; 03-19-2009 at 05:29 PM.