Thread: Chest recomendations and help

Wannabebig New Member

Chest recomendations and help

Hey guys ,

Theres a couple things i need some help on. My chest has gotten a little bigger over some time but nothing that im proud of. Ive been doing, flat bench presses, inclines, and declines when i do my chest workout, should i keep doing that? My diet is good and i have 4+ whey protein shakes every day with healthy meals and lots of calories. Ive also starting doing deadlifts and squats to help gain mass too, does anybody know of a good chest workout to gain muscle mass really fast so my pecs can stick out?
    Im 6"3 180 lbs. Thanks... ive also been doing my bench presses with a wide grip, i feel it more in my chest.

Any other tips appreciated too, thanks.

Crikey, its a 30 foot ape! Kong's Avatar
    My favourite chest workout is -

Flat Barbell Bench (Pause on chest each rep)
    2 sets of 3

Parallel Bar Dips
    2 sets of 5

Incline Dumbell Bench
    2 sets of 8
    Current 1RM's - Bench 264lbs (Target 308lbs)/Squat 396lbs (Target 352lbs)/
    Deadlift 429lbs (Target 440lbs)
    BIG 3 TOTAL at 220lbs (28% BF) = 1089lbs
    6ft 2, 234lb fat, hairy ape!
    My journal - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...sion-of-an-ape

"This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!" As said by the great Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Set the mood right
    My chest days are normally:

Flat BB or DB (I mix it up)
    3 sets (say 10 reps, 7 reps, 5 reps with increasing weights).

OHP
    3 sets (like bench)

Dips
    3 sets (weighted of course)

Its done me good, and I occassionally add flies just out of boredom.
    Summer 2009

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 195

B: 335
    S: 340
    D: 495

If I ever did a chest workout with only 3 sets per exercise I probably wouldn't even bother going to the gym in the first place. Waist of time.

My chest is pretty full and I do most of the same exercises, but more sets. My chest day would look something like:

Flat bench
    225lbs 10 reps
    245lbs 10 reps
    275lbs 6 reps
    245lbs 10 reps
    275lbs 10 reps

Decline bench
    360lbs 10 reps 4 sets

Cable Crossovers 4 sets

dips/weighted dips 4 sets

Plus a few other exercises of choice. Some times I will even do 5 sets if I feel up to it. You need to remember that you are conditioning your muscles and not trying to make them explode in just a couple weeks. Once you condition yourself at a certain weight you can add weight every week or two to gain mass. Have a heavy day with maybe heavier weight but the majority of your workouts should be mid/heavy conditioning. Thats how your going to fill out. I lift alone so I don't max out that often. My max for bench was like 315 a month ago. So I conditioned at 275 for a month then lifted with a friend and did 315 4 times. Just keep lifting constant and build a plan. Have your weekly routine include heavy chest day/light bicept day and a heavy bicept day/light chest day. Also, never do tricept workouts before benching. It sucks.
    Last edited by Tykimeister; 03-18-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Everybody says that my chest is my best physical feature. Incorporate dumbell exercises and also try some supersets or tri-sets. Those have really made my chest progress. Don't forget to eat plenty and good, focus on that form moreso than how much weight you're pressing.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425