The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

In need of a good schedule...

..I've been gettin into lifting again within the last few months..I've been trying to get back down to my old weight by liftin and cardio. But my problem is, I don't really have a good or exact schedule to go by. I might go a few times a week do some running maybe hit the bench some, dumbells, some squats, etc. Could anybody help me out with a schedule..this is what I would like to do, so maybe somebody can help from there. I would like to go some everyday of the work week. and atleast do a mile+ of cardio everyday, and get in the main lifts..Bench, power clean squat.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Starting Strength Monday/Wensday/Friday with low intensity cardio before or after your workout. HIIT Tuesday/Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonough9395 View Post
    Starting Strength Monday/Wensday/Friday with low intensity cardio before or after your workout. HIIT Tuesday/Thursday.
    Not quite.
    If you want to make good gains, HIIT is bad on off days.
    Take a routine, say SS, lift M/W/F, add 20 minutes low-intensity cardio after your workout. If you want, go jog for an hour on the weekend. But leave the days you dont lift to rest, your body will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by nockits View Post
    Not quite.
    If you want to make good gains, HIIT is bad on off days.
    Take a routine, say SS, lift M/W/F, add 20 minutes low-intensity cardio after your workout. If you want, go jog for an hour on the weekend. But leave the days you dont lift to rest, your body will need it.
    Yeah thats the case if your number one priority is to gain strength. However it seems as though his first priority is to lose wieght and get back in shape and wants to base his workouts around cardio and throw in some compounds. He also wants something to do every weekday so i figured that wouldnt be a bad option as long as the weekend is dedicated to rest.

If you are going to do cardio on a lifting day it should come AFTER the WO.

There is no problem with having HIIT on a couple of days, but HIIT takes only 30 minutes... no longer. There will be no adverse effects on your strength/size gains if you diet/rest correctly.
    Sarvamangalam!

sorry, guess i misunderstood a couple things.

Wannabebig Member
    If you're going to do cardio after your work-out, should you take the time to stop after completing the starting strength routine to drink a protein shake or just keep going straight into your cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    If you're going to do cardio after your work-out, should you take the time to stop after completing the starting strength routine to drink a protein shake or just keep going straight into your cardio?
    you're thinking way to hard.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

5/3/1 plus interval running

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    you dont really need to. i think this was debated on this forum a while ago, about how long you should wait before taking a protein shake.
    it doesnt really matter that much. do some cardio, and drink it after. most people cant do cardio on a full stomach anyway.

Wannabebig Member
    Yes my main goal is to get to a certain weight my june. Cardio is a must, but I also want to keep my strength and gain more. What I would like to do is hit the gym just a little every night, and do cardio those days also. What Im wanting to know is what muscles to work on what day..to fill in everyday..and what combo of mucles I should work out on those days. And another thing I know you need to give your muscles some time to rest and heal, but what about running..can you run to much and do you need to take days off to rest?