Tom's take on the Texas Method
Back Squat - 5x5
Bench - 1x5
Deadlift - 5RM
1 Arm Row - 3x10-20
Weighted Planks - 3x30seconds
Front Squat - 3x3
Press - 3x5
Snatch Grip RDL's - 3x8
Planks or GHD Situps
Back Squat - 1x5
Bench - 5x5
Bent Row - 3x5
Heavy Ab Work
- This routine was created because I didn't have one to follow consistently. I did initially but since then I've gotten a few injuries and changed a few things around so I was changing exercises around with no real consistency outside of the main exercises.
- I have included a fair bit of Heavy Abdominal work as this is a weakness of mine.
- When my wrist heals I may throw in an Olympic lift on Wednesdays or some Overhead Squats.
- I'll up the Squats by 2.5kg every week on both Monday & Friday. Every so often I may try make a 5kg jump.
- I need to buy microplates for the Bench & Press. Try and go up by 2.5kg but may be 1.5 or 1kg increases more often than not.
- I'll start light with deadlifts as their a problem lift for me. 130kg, adding 2.5kg a week.
- I'll be doing chinups and pushups as part of my warmup.