Thread: Squat training - up to 750 in squat briefs

Squat training - up to 750 in squat briefs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paSt1...e=channel_page

Work up in sets, 645 x 2, 685 x 1, 725 x 1, 750 x 1

Nice work Mike. Hard to tell for sure but the 750 looked a tad high. Not by far though.

LOL if that is your mono sqeaking like that, I'd spray it with a little white grease or something like that and it should go away.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Thanks Travis; yeah, I'd say the 750 was a bit high. Definitely time to grease or WD-40 the mono too, I didn't even notice it til I got home and watched the video.

I know you do bench only Travis, but I have a squat question for you, or anyone else. My best gym squat in briefs, and suit with straps up is 775, and 760 in a meet; yet I hit 750 a touch high in just my squat briefs. I've squatted 800 but it was high by a good 3" or so with full gear.
    What would you reccomend to get more out of my suit; I feel like adding the suit should boost my squat by more than 25 or 30 lbs. I think my weakness is primarily just being able to handle that much more weight on my body, as I start to get into the hole with more weight I feel like I start to just collapse. So far I'm thinking more abs, upper back, and more time with extra heavy weights on my back; sound like I'm on the right track?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesbench View Post
    Thanks Travis; yeah, I'd say the 750 was a bit high. Definitely time to grease or WD-40 the mono too, I didn't even notice it til I got home and watched the video.

I know you do bench only Travis, but I have a squat question for you, or anyone else. My best gym squat in briefs, and suit with straps up is 775, and 760 in a meet; yet I hit 750 a touch high in just my squat briefs. I've squatted 800 but it was high by a good 3" or so with full gear.
    What would you reccomend to get more out of my suit; I feel like adding the suit should boost my squat by more than 25 or 30 lbs. I think my weakness is primarily just being able to handle that much more weight on my body, as I start to get into the hole with more weight I feel like I start to just collapse. So far I'm thinking more abs, upper back, and more time with extra heavy weights on my back; sound like I'm on the right track?
    That sounds good to me. Maybe band work. We do a lot of band work at cell block and I'd feel fine unracking 800 pounds.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

Do you guys do similar to like a Circa Max type of band training? I've done a lot for DE training, and occasionally some ME Box Squats with like a blue or green band, but haven't tried a Circa Max phase.

Man mike, I totally missed that question. My bad

It actually sounds like you have a hip weakness, along with a need for some heavier band tension. A circa max would definately help

Try doing some wider stance box squats on your DE day (wider stance than you would normally go) and then some ultra wide stance deadlifts

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Thanks Travis and lones; I'll give some havy band tension a try. I've recently worked my stance out some, but I'll plan to do some extra-wide work to build up the hips then.

Great lifts! Made them look pretty easy.
    5'7 240
    Lifting Exp: 17 years

Bodybuilding is a science, but it ain't rocket science.

http://bungerbrad.wix.com/powerlifting

Banned
    Looking good Mike! Agreed on the band work. You should be getting more than 30-50 lbs by adding the suit. I get 100-150 when I add mine.

Thanks guys all the feedback helps me a lot. I bounce around with a variety of training partners so I really value experienced opinions.