The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I gained 6 pounds this week??

Ok I know it's not that big of a deal but six pounds in a week is pretty strange considering the most I have ever done in a week before is three. The only thing I did different was just lay around the house and not have to participate in pe class/walk to classrooms/walk home because it was during spring break. Besides that, I upped my calories that week by 100 anyway. I should have expected to gain a little bit more weight than usual that week due to the inactivity even though I still lifted weights.. but 6 pounds come on.

My dad said it's just cause I'm growing but i don't think you gain weight that fast even if you are growing... So does any one have any reasonable explanation/ theory as to why or how this could have happened??
    Age 20-5'10
    Then: 134 lbs November 12, 2008
    Now: 195 lbs

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've gained 10lbs in 3 weeks, that's a lot too I think. But considering I'm starting SS I think that's in the range. I believe it's only 3/4 of mucle in the best of cases.

Banned
    It's called "white noise". Most likely it's a lot of waterweight.

I don't even consider any weight gain or loss until it is over 10 pounds. I can gain 5 pounds in a day from heavy boozing or gorging myself until the Golden Corral throws me out.

You are freakin tiny even if you gained 6 pounds, keep eating and come back with a followup post in 1 year when you've gained 50 pounds or so.

My weight fluctuates by about 5-7lbs a day.

Make sure you are weighing yourself at a similar time each week in the same clothes. i.e. naked every monday morning when you wake up.

unfortunately 3/4 of that 6 pounds is'nt muscle... pretty much fat from chillin' this week. Not a bad thing though. The less calories that were burt, the more nutrient's your trained muscles had access to if they nedded it.

I’m going with water weight

A lb of fat is like 3200 calories. I can't imagine a person eating 3200 calories a day over their maintenance calories

edit: I lied it's 3500.
    Last edited by Cards; 03-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by motor head View Post
    unfortunately 3/4 of that 6 pounds is'nt muscle... pretty much fat from chillin' this week. Not a bad thing though. The less calories that were burt, the more nutrient's your trained muscles had access to if they nedded it.
    No, it wouldn't even be fat.

Take a piss and a dump and you'll be back to normal.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpstick View Post

I don't even consider any weight gain or loss until it is over 10 pounds. I can gain 5 pounds in a day from heavy boozing or gorging myself until the Golden Corral throws me out.
    Getting kicked out of a buffet for eating too much is something I've wanted to achieve but have yet to accomplish.

One time I after lifting me and my friends and I went to an Indian buffet, I got 6 plates of food and thought for sure they were going to cut me off, but they didn't.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Yeah i had spring break this past week as well and decided i would take advantage of all the good food at home and i gained 13-15 lbs. in those 11 days. My weight changes very easily and i bet in the next few days i will loose most of it.

Wannabebig Member
    when i didnt have a job i used to just sneak in golden corral and just start eating. i seriously got away with it about 15 times, that place is always packed.

Please just take one! MadScientist's Avatar
    I'm currently eating 5200 cals per day. Thats about 2000 above my maintenance... But Im bulking so bleaaayeah.

+/- 5lbs is nothing.

Weigh up in the morning after 8 hrs of sleep and no midnight drinks.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 03-24-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Banned
    jesus my weight fluxuates upwards of 10-11lbs. a day and your worried about 6lbs. in a week?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Getting kicked out of a buffet for eating too much is something I've wanted to achieve but have yet to accomplish.

One time I after lifting me and my friends and I went to an Indian buffet, I got 6 plates of food and thought for sure they were going to cut me off, but they didn't.
    Some friends and I started a club football team at school. We'd go to Golden Corral once a week after practice to feed. One of the times we went there was also a birthday party with tons of little kids running around. We got kicked out after we were there for 2 hours. They had huge slabs of meat that were cooked up and slices were carved off for you. The whole team got in line and finished the whole slab of meat before anyone else could get any.

Management was not happy. And we ate all the hard boiled eggs in the salad buffet.

I can start at 198 in the morning, and be 206 by the night. I agree with the other guys, weigh yourself at the same time every day
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    jesus my weight fluxuates upwards of 10-11lbs. a day and your worried about 6lbs. in a week?
    no I weighed myself at the same time-sunday/monday right when i get up and after I pee.
    Age 20-5'10

Quote Originally Posted by snikez View Post
    no I weighed myself at the same time-sunday/monday right when i get up and after I pee.
    Still.. nobody cares and neither should you. Be happy and gain 20 more..

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Still.. nobody cares and neither should you. Be happy and gain 20 more..
    Will do.
    Age 20-5'10

Ernie Batson
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNoble View Post
    Amen to that. I can lose 6 lbs during a round of golf. Then go into the clubhouse and gain 10 back. Don't worry about it.
    You can be pitiful or powerful CHOOSE.

Banned
    ive dropped about 20lb into a toilet once. I mean it was just one of the worse nights of my life. pssshhh women complain about childbirth, they aint seen NOTHIN! until they see my one-eyed monster. So my story point is yes, its probably water weight.