The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 102 of 209 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5201
    Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    Dude how did you fall off the first page? What are you hidding? Good job today. Way to fight thru it. Your squats were fine, get new suit!
    LOL im slipping! Thanks Tim.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 775/575/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/415/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

8/6 Squat day

Box squat w/ 212~220lbs of chains
    Bar+c x5
    145+c x5
    235+c x5
    Briefs
    325+c x3
    415+c x3
    Suit bottoms
    465+c x3
    Straps up
    525+c x1
    505+c x2
    525+c x1 x2
    555+c x1 pr

Sumo pulls
    225x3
    315x3
    405x3
    495x0 form
    495x1
    415x5 x2
    415 x8

Rev hypers
    6plates x15 x2

Good pr today. About 775 at top. Moved slow but grinded it out. My Boss suit has seen better days and isnt really giving me all that much carryover. So im going to be ordering a Leviathan this week. Hoping it will put me at 800+
    Pulls are still a work in progress. Threw on the king sumo suit/ straps down. Not a big fan of this suit..yet. Not sure what if any its giving me. Missed the first 495 from bad form. Second moved slow. Dropped weight and did rep work with a few other guys and that all flew up. My pulls after heavy squats have been horrid lately. Also need to work on getting my weight back on the heels at the start to better counterbalance the weight.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

Lot of weight being moved there, congrats on the PR!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Super session, you beastin' Brian.

Great job on the PR. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of the Leviathan.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Nice PR! Feel I need to target some pulls after squatting. You find it helps with performances at meets?

Interested to see how the new suit performs.
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    Nice PR! Feel I need to target some pulls after squatting. You find it helps with performances at meets?

Interested to see how the new suit performs.
    Hope no one minds by adding my thoughts.

Many huge pullers have a deadlift day, most record holders in the deadlift give it its own day.

BUT many guys do pull after squats and it works for them so Best to try it out I guess.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

They are some heavy ass chains! Well done.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Your lifting looks good and all, but more importantly how about the god damn Eagles! I'm not gonna get to crazy and say they are definitely winning the Super Bowl, but it will be tough to pass on them. They will have a Giants like d-line rotation once Brandon Graham is healed with him, ole, and Babin. Plus Jenkins in the middle, not to mention the 3 Pro Bowl corners. They need to pick up a middle linebacker though. They have to.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Lot of weight being moved there, congrats on the PR!!
    Thanks you sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Super session, you beastin' Brian.
    Thanks Terry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Great job on the PR. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of the Leviathan.
    Thanks tank. Im pretty pumped to get in one. I think canvas will be better suited for me. Plus it should be great to pull sumo in too.
    Thanks Hayden. It definately helps to get used to pulling in a tired state like a meet, but really isnt going to optimize your strength because of it. Its really personal preference. Some guys it works for, im finding that I may be better off with its own day. Give it a try and see what u think. If I change, id still do speed work or something still after sqauts.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Hope no one minds by adding my thoughts.

Many huge pullers have a deadlift day, most record holders in the deadlift give it its own day.

BUT many guys do pull after squats and it works for them so Best to try it out I guess.
    Your totally right. Im thinking it may be better for me also to have its own day.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
    Your lifting looks good and all, but more importantly how about the god damn Eagles! I'm not gonna get to crazy and say they are definitely winning the Super Bowl, but it will be tough to pass on them. They will have a Giants like d-line rotation once Brandon Graham is healed with him, ole, and Babin. Plus Jenkins in the middle, not to mention the 3 Pro Bowl corners. They need to pick up a middle linebacker though. They have to.
    DUDE! Its frickin mindblowing the moves they made. Im still skepticle and not ready to be calling us the "dream team" yet. First like you said, the HAVE to get a middle LB. Casey Matthews isnt his brother, and has never taken a snap yet. A lot for a rookie. D Jack and Maclin. Jackson said he will be in camp before the Aug 9th deadline, but contracts and money will be in his head thanks to that rat agent of his. Maclin looks like a crack whore hes so thin. Somethings going on there healthwise they arent filling us in on. And then Vick. I love him, but I think Ds are finally figuring how to play him. He was only at an 84% QB rating the last 4 games last year. Teams corner blitzed the shit out if him. But the addition of Watkins will be huge for the Oline, ans Ronnie Brown in the backfield with Mccoy gives Vick plenty of options. It will be interesting how the O gels together this year. I fucking cant wait for the season to start. Got my season tix in the mail this week. Prediction: 12-4 healthy, NFC East champs
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

HUGE squattin B. Really looking forward to see what you can do in the canvas. Have to say. I am really jealous of that gym you guys train in. It seems to have every damn thing going.

You might just neeed another week or two to adjust to that workload of squattin and pullin in the same session.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah I feel some mixture of training where u train it in the Pre-fatigued state at times but not necessarily always in that manner! Will give it a go every now an again anyway!!
    Best Raw Lifts

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
    HUGE squattin B. Really looking forward to see what you can do in the canvas. Have to say. I am really jealous of that gym you guys train in. It seems to have every damn thing going.

You might just neeed another week or two to adjust to that workload of squattin and pullin in the same session.
    Thanks a lot Justin. Canvas should be pretty awesome. Yeah Iron Sport is pretty great. Best gym in the area by far, and Steve is a great guy. Funny as hell too.
    Yeah I feel some mixture of training where u train it in the Pre-fatigued state at times but not necessarily always in that manner! Will give it a go every now an again anyway!!
    It has its advantages and disadvantages for sure, but I really need to focus on my pull, so heavy stuff may have to go on its own day for sure.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    DUDE! Its frickin mindblowing the moves they made. Im still skepticle and not ready to be calling us the "dream team" yet. First like you said, the HAVE to get a middle LB. Casey Matthews isnt his brother, and has never taken a snap yet. A lot for a rookie. D Jack and Maclin. Jackson said he will be in camp before the Aug 9th deadline, but contracts and money will be in his head thanks to that rat agent of his. Maclin looks like a crack whore hes so thin. Somethings going on there healthwise they arent filling us in on. And then Vick. I love him, but I think Ds are finally figuring how to play him. He was only at an 84% QB rating the last 4 games last year. Teams corner blitzed the shit out if him. But the addition of Watkins will be huge for the Oline, ans Ronnie Brown in the backfield with Mccoy gives Vick plenty of options. It will be interesting how the O gels together this year. I fucking cant wait for the season to start. Got my season tix in the mail this week. Prediction: 12-4 healthy, NFC East champs
    I actually think they will be fine on the o-line. They picked up a solid young tackle and Watkins looks really good. I don't think the corner blitzs are going to be as much of a problem this year and I bet with Ronnie and McCoy they will have more 2 back sets, which will help with blocking blitzs and check down passes and screens that will turn big yardage. Ronnie is a lot better then anyone has given him credit for. He has been playing on a team with a horrible o-line and had some injuries. The one year they were ok he had over 1,000 yards with Ricky Williams getting almost as many carries. He is also good on the goal line. Everyone is saying Matthews looks good in camp, but he is only 230lbs. and that's what bothers me. The good thing is Chaney is pretty physical just not that smart. I was predicting 13-3 or 12-4 taking the NFC East also.

Psh, you guys gotta get through BIG D before claiming the NFC East, chumps. I kid I kid, I haven't ever really been a Cowboys fan since Jimmy Johnson's days, oh well.

Hey Brian wanted to say thanks for stopping by and posting regarding the passing of my brother, it really means a lot to have ya'lls support and enouragement.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Psh, you guys gotta get through BIG D before claiming the NFC East, chumps. I kid I kid, I haven't ever really been a Cowboys fan since Jimmy Johnson's days, oh well.

Hey Brian wanted to say thanks for stopping by and posting regarding the passing of my brother, it really means a lot to have ya'lls support and enouragement.
    Anytime Mark. Its a tough time for you and its very commendable being able to stick with your plans. Shows a lot about you. Best wishes bud.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

8/8 Bench Nite -week 1 Southside cycle

135x10
    135x10
    225x5
    275x3
    315x3
    365x1

Shirt
    455x3 2brd (ring on ring)
    455x1 1 brd (middle on ring)
    455x3 2brd "
    455x3 2brd "

CG 3brd slams
    315x5
    345x5
    365x5

Lightband pressdowns s/s lightband facepulls
    2 sets of 25 each

First week with Southside program. Weight pretty light to start. Stayed with 2 brd, 1brd was too tough to touch with 455. Pretty warn out beforehand, so happy with the day.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

Nice work! Interested to see how this routine goes mate
    Best Raw Lifts

My Journal

Happy enough BC?. CG Slams? I take it these are just dropped in quick and taking the press on the rebound?

I think I may have to use boards too instead of full range. I had a pretty bad bench hangover last thursday from being stubborn and hanging with weights that I was never gonna touch but I was moving about a mm/s. Other thing is I have a bench only on 10th September. Southside isnt gonna give me a good run up so I think I am just going to use the next four training sessions to work down the boards. 3 board this week, 2 board next, 1 board week after and then just take my opener on the 4th week. What you reckon? I am confident I can touch 460 in this shirt so that isnt the issue. Just need to get the left sleeve to stop pinching a nerve and completely strangling my arm. I will talk to the rest of the guys tomorrow night about it too. So sorry for dumping this in your journal.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

Nice work! Interested to see how this routine goes mate
    Thanks Hayden. I think it wilk get me where I need to be for the meet. Slow and steady increases in weight each week.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
    Happy enough BC?. CG Slams? I take it these are just dropped in quick and taking the press on the rebound?

I think I may have to use boards too instead of full range. I had a pretty bad bench hangover last thursday from being stubborn and hanging with weights that I was never gonna touch but I was moving about a mm/s. Other thing is I have a bench only on 10th September. Southside isnt gonna give me a good run up so I think I am just going to use the next four training sessions to work down the boards. 3 board this week, 2 board next, 1 board week after and then just take my opener on the 4th week. What you reckon? I am confident I can touch 460 in this shirt so that isnt the issue. Just need to get the left sleeve to stop pinching a nerve and completely strangling my arm. I will talk to the rest of the guys tomorrow night about it too. So sorry for dumping this in your journal.
    Im pretty confident that the program will get me where I want to be for thw meet. Its slow paced enough with weight increases that I cant concentrate on form and het it dialed for when the weight gets heavy.
    Yeah slams get you moving quick and get used to moving weight quick down and exploding up. Usually the way we do boards cg.
    Being only a month out, thats basically all you can do. If your confident in your form, then overload some highboard work and make sure your comfortable off the chest with heavier weight. IMO I would work down to touch, then highboards after for an overload. Thanks as always bud.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

IMO I would work down to touch, then highboards after for an overload..
    Awesome! I thought the same thing but the guy doesn't know me so I'm not gonna comment on his training. But I love that advice. Funny to see us all thinking alike anymore.

Also, **random comment about how incredibly strong you are and how you could basically defy gravity if you wanted to and how you're a National Hero to the East.**

sponsored by

Don't Flinch.
    Jersey Iron Gear!
    Tone on Facebook
    880/820/770/2415 Geared
    680/530/750/1960 Raw

^^^ lmao@ random comment hahaha
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro

Im pretty confident that the program will get me where I want to be for thw meet. Its slow paced enough with weight increases that I cant concentrate on form and het it dialed for when the weight gets heavy.
    Yeah slams get you moving quick and get used to moving weight quick down and exploding up. Usually the way we do boards cg.
    Being only a month out, thats basically all you can do. If your confident in your form, then overload some highboard work and make sure your comfortable off the chest with heavier weight. IMO I would work down to touch, then highboards after for an overload. Thanks as always bud.
    Thanks for getting back so quick B! Work to a touch EACH week and then hit the high boards? Really appreciate the input. Especially as I am crapping all over you training journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaccio View Post
    Awesome! I thought the same thing but the guy doesn't know me so I'm not gonna comment on his training. But I love that advice. Funny to see us all thinking alike anymore.

Also, **random comment about how incredibly strong you are and how you could basically defy gravity if you wanted to and how you're a National Hero to the East.**
    Thanks for this. That is what I will do. Good lord, I will take advice all day long from you guys.