Page 98 of 212 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 5292

Thread: Brian C's Journal

  1. #2426
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Good deal on the effort, have a great vacation Brian.

  2. #2427
    Resolute -JM-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,579
    Great total BC. You put it together well. Unfortunate that the judges didnt catch that last squat properly. Looks in from here

    Enjoy the vacation and the shit gym. Heres to an even bigger total for your next comp.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

  3. #2428
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Good deal on the effort, have a great vacation Brian.
    Thanks Terry! Sure will
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinMcK View Post
    Great total BC. You put it together well. Unfortunate that the judges didnt catch that last squat properly. Looks in from here

    Enjoy the vacation and the shit gym. Heres to an even bigger total for your next comp.
    Thanks a lot Justin. Shit happens, but these judges were brutally bad. Vaca is really nice with the kids, thanks for the well wishes.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  4. #2429
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Dude, you have a meet in 4 months, why are you on vacation?! Haha, enjoy it with the family man, you definitely deserve it.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  5. #2430
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    12,783
    Not sure if you left yet for vacation, but enjoy it brother!!! I'm on vacation now and i'm having a great time.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  6. #2431
    A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,712
    Too bad about the meet your total was still solid though! Enjoy your vacation.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

  7. #2432
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Dude, you have a meet in 4 months, why are you on vacation?! Haha, enjoy it with the family man, you definitely deserve it.
    Haha thanks man, I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Not sure if you left yet for vacation, but enjoy it brother!!! I'm on vacation now and i'm having a great time.
    Thanks Bri. Halfway through and having a blast. Hope you do too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Too bad about the meet your total was still solid though! Enjoy your vacation.
    Thanks Tom. Wasnt really looking for a huge total, but at least 1800 wouldve been nice. I was mostly focused on a good squat number. I hit what I wanted, but unfortunately the judges saw different. Eh whatever. November will be much better.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  8. #2433
    THE 800 QUEST NickAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,650
    That photo says a thousand words!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

    Captains of Crush #3

    Building Mighty Mitts...

  9. #2434
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390

    7/18 Bench

    FINALLY back training. Ready to kill it.

    ROR grip
    135x10
    225x5
    275x3
    315x3
    365x1
    2 Brd
    405x1

    SDP shirt
    2 Brd
    455x0 shirt wasnt set right
    455x3
    475x2
    500x2
    525x2 PR

    Cambered Bar
    135x10
    185x10

    Shirt is fully broken in. I had trouble setting up and kept losing my arch. Tone had me set up different and it was like nite and day. Every rep tonite flew up. Felt really good. Got tired or I wouldve kept going. Next week ill drop to a 1 brd.
    Last edited by Brian C; 07-19-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  10. #2435
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    989
    big Tone is the man. he knows that shirt and he knows bench tech. after that little change everything flew. kep working it and keep working on keeping the head down and u'll be up near 6 in no time!
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

    BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

    BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

  11. #2436
    THE 800 QUEST NickAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,650
    Solid PR!!

    Great avatar pic.....jealous!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

    Captains of Crush #3

    Building Mighty Mitts...

  12. #2437
    Skinny Feet Kiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    2,789
    Nice session back!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

    A Westside journal.

    'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

    'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

    'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

  13. #2438
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    big Tone is the man. he knows that shirt and he knows bench tech. after that little change everything flew. kep working it and keep working on keeping the head down and u'll be up near 6 in no time!
    Thanks a lot for your help also Tim. I learn something every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Solid PR!!

    Great avatar pic.....jealous!!
    Thanks nick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Nice session back!
    Thanks Kiff!
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  14. #2439
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390

    7/19 lower acc

    Speed squat against green bands w/ ssb
    14in box
    bar+bands x10
    135+b x5
    225+b x2x2
    briefs
    275+b x2x6

    Speed pulls
    Sumo
    225x3
    315x1x3
    365x1 x8 (65%)

    BB Glute bridge
    365x10

    WG Pulldowns
    200x12
    230x10
    250x10

    Standing cable crunches
    120x50 x2
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  15. #2440
    Powerlifter/Strongman J L S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,390
    nice work, the ssb is bad enough without bands too!
    Check out my training:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?144135-My-Log

    My smolov blog '12 : start 475 - finish: 520
    http://jtrain-ing.blogspot.co.uk/

  16. #2441
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by J L S View Post
    nice work, the ssb is bad enough without bands too!
    Thanks pal. Yeah the ssb is a bitch for sure!
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  17. #2442
    THE 800 QUEST NickAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,650
    Great speed day!!

    Interested to see an outline of your lower training leading into your next meet!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

    Captains of Crush #3

    Building Mighty Mitts...

  18. #2443
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    Great speed day!!

    Interested to see an outline of your lower training leading into your next meet!!
    Thanks Nick. Right now for pulls, im looking to add speed pulls, mostly against bands, on Tuesday accessory day. Saturday will be heavy block pulls mostly. Mix it up with some deficit work. What do you think?
    For squats, We will be rotating bands, chains, and straight weight.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  19. #2444
    Resolute -JM-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,579
    Great to see your bench getting some form back, BC. When is your next meet?

    Are you still running the Eastside squat program?
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

  20. #2445
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinMcK View Post
    Great to see your bench getting some form back, BC. When is your next meet?

    Are you still running the Eastside squat program?
    Thanks Justin. Its nice to have everything fall back in place with my bench. Raw is getting stronger again, finally, and I got the SDP broken in. I have a lot left in the tank in the shirt, just got tired last session. Weight felt jokingly light once i got my form set.
    Next meet is November 5 at our home gym, Steve Pulcinella's place. Always a great meet and well run, so no chance of bullshit judging.
    We are laying off eastside this cycle. It did work pretty well, but we wanted to give something else a shot. We will be rotating bands, chains and straight weight every week.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  21. #2446
    Resolute -JM-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    Thanks Justin. Its nice to have everything fall back in place with my bench. Raw is getting stronger again, finally, and I got the SDP broken in. I have a lot left in the tank in the shirt, just got tired last session. Weight felt jokingly light once i got my form set.
    Next meet is November 5 at our home gym, Steve Pulcinella's place. Always a great meet and well run, so no chance of bullshit judging.
    We are laying off eastside this cycle. It did work pretty well, but we wanted to give something else a shot. We will be rotating bands, chains and straight weight every week.
    Good news re the shirt. You know things are dialled in when they feel light. Good feeling.

    My next meet will be GPC Worlds (fingers crossed) in November also. I will be following along intently in here. I am doing a bench only in September which gives me 7 weeks to get my new Ace shirt broken in and working for me. I have to give the Katana a fond farewell with a 500lber at the weekend, eh?

    I actually bought the 531 for powerlifting. There is a 'RT Baggins' squat cycle in it using bands which is 16 weeks long. Thats about how long I have before November's meet so I am pretty certain I will be using that. It is really straight forward.

    Good luck moving forward BC. I will keep you posted. Cheers.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

  22. #2447
    Powerlifter/Strongman J L S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,390
    like how your squat training is/ going to be layed out... will be following closely for sure! you're a strong dude so can hopefully pick some new idea's up too+learn a few things
    Check out my training:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?144135-My-Log

    My smolov blog '12 : start 475 - finish: 520
    http://jtrain-ing.blogspot.co.uk/

  23. #2448
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinMcK View Post
    Good news re the shirt. You know things are dialled in when they feel light. Good feeling.

    My next meet will be GPC Worlds (fingers crossed) in November also. I will be following along intently in here. I am doing a bench only in September which gives me 7 weeks to get my new Ace shirt broken in and working for me. I have to give the Katana a fond farewell with a 500lber at the weekend, eh?

    I actually bought the 531 for powerlifting. There is a 'RT Baggins' squat cycle in it using bands which is 16 weeks long. Thats about how long I have before November's meet so I am pretty certain I will be using that. It is really straight forward.

    Good luck moving forward BC. I will keep you posted. Cheers.
    Im really interested in how you do with the Ace. Our guys hate them, but I never had any dealings with one. Im hearing a lot of good with the new 531 scheme. Its a perfect cycle for you, so again I look forward to how it works.
    I wouldnt mind doing a bench only just to see how I fair with the new shirt. I think 600 isnt too far away once I get a little more time in it. Not sure if Ill be ready for that this meet, but its not out of the question by the end of the year. SFW this week bud. I look forward to your results.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  24. #2449
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    Quote Originally Posted by J L S View Post
    like how your squat training is/ going to be layed out... will be following closely for sure! you're a strong dude so can hopefully pick some new idea's up too+learn a few things
    Thanks for checking out my log bud. Im looking forward to this training cycle. I really think that even though its a short turn around between meets, I can get the 800 squat im looking for. Thanks for the kind words. Im always learning myself, and have some of the most knowledgable training partners in the biz, but if I can help you with anything, let me know. Best of luck my friend.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  25. #2450
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,390
    edit
    Last edited by Brian C; 07-22-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Similar Threads

  1. Yet Another Journal
    By Blood&Iron in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
  2. Classic Bodybuilding journal
    By Rock in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 02:14 PM
  3. The Every Other Day Journal
    By EVERY OTHER in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 06:48 AM
  4. MonStar's Journal
    By MonStar in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 346
    Last Post: 07-11-2002, 02:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •