The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    I just thought I'd post in here, due to the remarks in a related thread.

If any exercise hurts your elbow, regardless of whether it is a good exercise or Rippetoe recommends it...take it out and keep it out. You mentioned that you first felt this with power cleans...if it's not a form issue, seriously consider removing power cleans.

LuNa
    I read somewhere that you were trying to loose a bit of fat Nockits. Does that mean that you are in a caloric deficit? If so, this could be the reason for your strength gains to stop. At the moment i am depending on my newbie gains for some more strength while in a caloric deficit but i think that will run out in a couple of weeks. Maybe a good idea to either focus on loosing fat, keeping strength almost the same, or gaining some weight and increasing strength. Keep up the good work though!

June 30th

I switched up my routine. I think SS was pretty much done for me, working on it for almost 6 months now. My new routine that I made is extremely similar, but allows me to focus on the more important lifts, and movements that I feel I need to work on. It goes as follows, very similar to SS:

Workout A
    Squats 3x5
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Pull-ups

Workout B
    Bench 3x5
    Push Press 3x5
    Dips

Simple, yet hits all the muscle groups. Keep in mind that I'm doing this to keep fit rather than compete, so I'm not too critical about the routine.

For today, my numbers were:

Squats
    1x5x45lbs
    1x5x95lbs
    1x3x135lbs
    1x2x185lbs
    3x5x215lbs

Deadlift
    1x5x135lbs
    1x5x185lbs
    1x3x225lbs
    1x2x275lbs
    1x5x345lbs

Pull-ups
    1x6xBW
    2x3xBW
    Check out my Journal!

Quote Originally Posted by Skalami View Post
    I just give the worked on muscle group tough riddles before my workouts... or sometimes I'll tell them we're going to the park and then go to the gym, or visa versa. They start to catch on so you have to tell the truth every so often.
    *While on the topic of muscle confusion, and how often a routine needs to be changed.*

Aug. 5th
    It's been a few days since I've worked out. I couldn't make time over the weekend, but I still remained active! Went paintballing a couple times which is quite taxing to the body!

Bench
    1x5x45
    1x5x95
    1x3x135
    1x2x155
    3x5x185

Push Press
    1x5x45
    1x5x65
    1x3x95
    1x2x115
    3x5x135

Dips
    1x10xBW
    1x7xBW
    1x3xBW

Had some difficulty with bench, but I managed to push through! Push press was good, but I failed on the very last rep because some deuche bag distracted me by almost walking into the barbell!!! I wish I could have dropped it on his head!
    Dips were good, but I think all the pushing made me fail early.

My plan is to decrease the weight by 5lbs next time, then work back up and past the current weight, and repeat. I think there's a term for it, either it's ramping, or cycling, something like that. I'll do that and see how this helps!
    Check out my Journal!

Quote Originally Posted by Skalami View Post
    I just give the worked on muscle group tough riddles before my workouts... or sometimes I'll tell them we're going to the park and then go to the gym, or visa versa. They start to catch on so you have to tell the truth every so often.
    *While on the topic of muscle confusion, and how often a routine needs to be changed.*

Quote Originally Posted by nockits View Post
    Aug. 5th
    It's been a few days since I've worked out. I couldn't make time over the weekend, but I still remained active! Went paintballing a couple times which is quite taxing to the body!

Bench
    1x5x45
    1x5x95
    1x3x135
    1x2x155
    3x5x185

Push Press
    1x5x45
    1x5x65
    1x3x95
    1x2x115
    3x5x135

Dips
    1x10xBW
    1x7xBW
    1x3xBW

Had some difficulty with bench, but I managed to push through! Push press was good, but I failed on the very last rep because some deuche bag distracted me by almost walking into the barbell!!! I wish I could have dropped it on his head!
    Dips were good, but I think all the pushing made me fail early.

My plan is to decrease the weight by 5lbs next time, then work back up and past the current weight, and repeat. I think there's a term for it, either it's ramping, or cycling, something like that. I'll do that and see how this helps!

De-Load??