Thread: Knee Joints sore after playing basketball

Wannabebig Member

Knee Joints sore after playing basketball

E.g. After playing basketball for two hours the other night, the next day I my joints were really sore. This doesn't seem normal to me and I never use to be like this. It's been like this since I have started squatting and deadlifting. How can I avoid this problem?

This was happening to my left knee after playing basketball. I picked up a cheapo knee sleeve from Sports Authority and it has helped quite a bit. Make sure you try it on in the store and get one that is tight so that it doens't slip up and down when running/jumping. The knee sleeve has helped. It didn't completely fix the problem but it helped.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teeroy View Post
    This was happening to my left knee after playing basketball. I picked up a cheapo knee sleeve from Sports Authority and it has helped quite a bit. Make sure you try it on in the store and get one that is tight so that it doens't slip up and down when running/jumping. The knee sleeve has helped. It didn't completely fix the problem but it helped.
    Yeah it's happening to my left knee too. I think the problem has mainly to do with my lack of stretching though. I'll stretch for a good 15 minutes before I play next time and if the problem still persists then I will look into getting a knee sleeve.

Also, one day a week I play on concrete. The other day we play in a gym with hardwood floorint. I pretty much don't have any issues after playing in the gym, just after the days when playing on the concrete. Wish we had access to a gym on both days.