The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Bigger fewl

Injury results... Back to training, new routine:

I went to the doc yesterday. He had my do some things and I told them how it happened and what made it hurt. He said it sounded like a minor strain of the fascia in my lower back, which form a diamond shape. He said definately don't stop training, and if pain got bad, take 2 or 3 advil. I'm gonna try training again with his advice and see how it goes. I can't get to far behind this summer, because I'm going to be in wrestling next year. No more football, I'm switchin schools. Anyways, using relatively light weights for posterior chain, here's what I want to try:

1st day - 20 rep breathing squat. I'm thinking I'll take a light weight that I can only get for 12-15 reps, then do the extra ones like normal. Hopefully this won't aggrivate my back too much.
    2 sets of calf raises, 8-15 reps.
    Weighted crunches - 2 sets of 8-12 reps
    DB shoulder press - 2 sets 6-8 reps
    Possible grip work.
    After that, I'll rest however many days I think I need, probably anywhere from 2 to 5 days.

2nd day - Weighted dips, 3 sets of 4-8 reps, 1 set w/ bodyweight x however many reps I can do.
    Possible flys.
    Possible tricep exercises.
    Possible shoulder exercises.
    Same rest system as day one.

3rd day - Weighted chins, 3 sets of 4-8, 1 set w/ bodyweight x however many I can do.
    Possible grip work.
    Possible curls and rows.
    Same rest system as day one.

This routine is focused on the 20 rep squat, weighted dips, and weighted chins, since those are lifts I really need to get up in strength on, and those are, in my opinion, the best three exercises to hit as many muscle groups in the body as possible well. If I feel I need to, some days I might add in some exercises to finish off(for lack of a better term) certain muscle groups, no gym rat making fun of comments please. I really like and want to experiment with the idea of training muscle groups whenever I feel they have recovered. I won't have to wait a week to hit a muscle I feel I could be doing more with.

Then again, you all might think that idea completely sucks.

Either way, give me your thoughts/opinions/advice.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow!

Carpe diem

Milk.... it does the body good.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bigger fewl
    BUMP!!!!!

Carpe diem

Bigger fewl

BEHIND THE BACK CABLE CURLS AT A 235 DEGREE ANGLE KICK ASS

bump

Carpe diem

DaChickenShowYo, did you injure the muscle in the middle of the back (the two that run parallel to each other on each side of the spine)?