The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW garage gym

Matt Wright
    Wish you were closer!! Almost 4 hours away. I've love to check this place out, but I'm all the way in Huntsville
    Injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcaker View Post
    Wish you were closer!! Almost 4 hours away. I've love to check this place out, but I'm all the way in Huntsville
    We have a team that trains at Don's Gym on Bailey Cove. Monolift, Bands, Chains, etc. Where do you train?

We will be deadlifting tonight around 8pm if you want to stop in.
    Last edited by IRBS; 04-06-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Elite Total at 275
    Deep South Barbell
    dsbb.wordpress.com

Matt Wright
    Nice! I've heard some good things about Don's. I just train at the UAH Fitness Center and in my garage right now. As you can see in my sig, I'm injured at the moment, temporarily making me a bench only guy. I'd love to come and check it out, and see how ya'll train though. I'd especially love to meet some fellow powerlifters, because I'm just now getting into this stuff (as you also can see from my sig).

I've only met ONE experienced powerlifter so far and he quit powerlifting in '93!
    Injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcaker View Post
    Nice! I've heard some good things about Don's. I just train at the UAH Fitness Center and in my garage right now. As you can see in my sig, I'm injured at the moment, temporarily making me a bench only guy. I'd love to come and check it out, and see how ya'll train though. I'd especially love to meet some fellow powerlifters, because I'm just now getting into this stuff (as you also can see from my sig).

I've only met ONE experienced powerlifter so far and he quit powerlifting in '93!

UAH Fitness Center sucks. I went to school there and worked there after I graduated for 2 years, I would know. That place blows.
    Elite Total at 275
    Deep South Barbell
    dsbb.wordpress.com

Matt Wright
    Yeah I am one of about three people that actually squat (i mean a real squat). Alot of people that don't know wtf they are doing in there. You can't make noise. You can't slam **** down. Everybody's a know it all, and they all started working out like a month ago. Lots of "I used to could do this" and "I've done that a million times" from people that have never done anything.

That's why I usually train in my garage. I might go to the fitness center once a week.
    Injured.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121024

Scroll down for more pics.

I bought the floor model from Williams Strength. The monorack is absolutely the best thing that you can get. I'm in Charleston, SC. Williams Strength was wonderful to work with. They were great. Prompt service and great guys.

The monorack works like a dream. It's an absolute beast of a machine.

http://www.twitpic.com/1ouhc
    http://www.twitpic.com/24xk0

It sounds like you've got a ton of stuff. Good luck, man. Getting out of any type of commercial place was the best thing I ever did.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121024

Scroll down for more pics.

I bought the floor model from Williams Strength. The monorack is absolutely the best thing that you can get. I'm in Charleston, SC. Williams Strength was wonderful to work with. They were great. Prompt service and great guys.

The monorack works like a dream. It's an absolute beast of a machine.

http://www.twitpic.com/1ouhc
    http://www.twitpic.com/24xk0

It sounds like you've got a ton of stuff. Good luck, man. Getting out of any type of commercial place was the best thing I ever did.

NICE!

We are still working out details. It'll probably be August before I get everything set up.

I'm really torn between getting something like the monorack and just getting a monolift and a second 2x2 rack--the way I'm doing the math, the price is pretty much the same. With the monorack we are going to be stripping alot of plates---with a monolift and rack, two people could be squatting at the same time (three if we put the monolift attachement I've already got in my old rack). Its going to boil down to size of the machine and versatility.

We'll see.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Well, the room ended up being a bit smaller than I thought it was. We have a second room, but it needs to have air conditioning and lighting redone.

As of right now, there will be a monolift, a new Sumo style 2x2 rack, deadlift platform, GHR, and 45 degree back extension in the main room. I have a second rack I'm going to try to fit into there, but I'm not sure about space. I am planning on getting a reverse hyper, but it may not happen until the main part is set up.
    I'm placing my order in a couple of days.

I am also in the market for a good high-low pulley for lat pulldowns and pull throughs. I'm weighing the difference between trying to weld one up (I've got family who are good with a welder, who've offered to weld it---they've balked on the monolift and other stuff though, so I'm not sure if they'll come through with what I want) vs a used one vs a new plate loaded (not weight stack, so we can have some flexibility with it) one. So far Legend Fitnesses seems to be the probable best choice and price.

Anyone know where I can find plans for a lat pulldown/low row online so I can fight about them with making it or not?

Also, we will be looking for a couple of more lifters--in the Auburn/Montgomery/Tuskeegee Alabama area once things are up and going.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JK1; 05-03-2009 at 09:55 AM.