Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: BLOCK PARTY at ST, 675lb pull off 4in blocks w/ 120lbs chains (795lbs at lockout)

  1. #1
    Senior Member WILD BILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    406

    BLOCK PARTY at ST, 675lb pull off 4in blocks w/ 120lbs chains (795lbs at lockout)

    I beat Jackass by a full plate, needless to say I was stoked. Even Hoss hasnt pulled this off blocks. Now If I can just get this off the floor I'll have something.

    Video
    26yrs old, 6'2'' 300lbs
    I like Powerlifting, Strongman and Scottish Games
    Total 308's - 2353lbs PRO Total in SPF
    Total SHW's - 2402lbs
    Elite Total in UPA, APF, IPA and SPF - 308's and SHW
    Current lifts-------Goals-Aug 2011
    SQ-953------------SQ-1050
    BP-711------------BP-750
    DL-737------------DL-800
    Total-2402-------Total-2600

  2. #2
    GFH Lones Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    6,863
    Nice work Treston. Looking forward to seeing what kind of damage you can do in a meet.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

    825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,979
    Nice pull. That looks like a badass gym btw.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  4. #4
    Senior Member endymion88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    228
    would a chain supported rack pull be any different than pulling off blocks? it seems they both allow a little free'r of movement.

  5. #5
    Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    LI,NY
    Posts
    9,266
    Nice pull Treston. Block pulling champ, lol!

    I wish they had squats against bands contests...I rock at those. We need to create our own meet using bands and chains.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

  6. #6
    Senior Member WILD BILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion88 View Post
    would a chain supported rack pull be any different than pulling off blocks? it seems they both allow a little free'r of movement.
    I dont know. I know I like these better then rack pulls cause the bar is straight all the way across and not bending like a rack pull.

    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Nice pull. That looks like a badass gym btw.
    Thanks man, the gym is great. Huge and we have just about everything u would need.

    Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    Nice work Treston. Looking forward to seeing what kind of damage you can do in a meet.
    Thanks man, next meet is May 24 at Super Training. Im shooting for 900/650/725 for a 2275lb total

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodgers View Post
    Nice pull Treston. Block pulling champ, lol!

    I wish they had squats against bands contests...I rock at those. We need to create our own meet using bands and chains.
    LOL Mark said nice job treston, I have the bench, hoss has the squat and you have the block pull! If only mine counted in a meet lol.

    We were thinking of have a meet called if u aint cheating u aint trying. Would be a Reverse Band Squat, 2board bench and Reverse Band Deadlift.

    I think this would be a fun a** meet.
    26yrs old, 6'2'' 300lbs
    I like Powerlifting, Strongman and Scottish Games
    Total 308's - 2353lbs PRO Total in SPF
    Total SHW's - 2402lbs
    Elite Total in UPA, APF, IPA and SPF - 308's and SHW
    Current lifts-------Goals-Aug 2011
    SQ-953------------SQ-1050
    BP-711------------BP-750
    DL-737------------DL-800
    Total-2402-------Total-2600

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    523
    First off....awesome work brother! I dig the blocks that you have, much better than stacking pieces of 2x4 on top of each other, I need to get our team a set up like that, did you make that yourself?

    To answer a couple of other questions on this thread, I agree with Bill that the block pulls are better than a rack pull. You get the normal bar bend that cannot be duplicated in a rack pull and is very important to get used to. Block pulls are a "truer" pull than a rack pull.

    I enjoy your teams videos very much, the most entertaining videos on this entire site without question, please keep them coming!

    In addition, there are so many squat and bench vids out there, it is good to see a top notch team continually putting out quality dl vids for everyone to see and for many to learn from.

    I do not know what your top pull is, but continue the hard work your doing and keep hitting big block numbers and you will smash the 800 barrier soon.

    Semper Fi

  8. #8
    Westside Bencher Travis Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    8,920
    Holy crap, that is a serious block pull Treston. Nice work


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

  9. #9
    JERSEY IRON Brian C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    5,410
    Simply impressive
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

    Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

  10. #10
    Go Bears Pete22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,556
    You're such a block head, awesome pulling Treston.
    My Training Log

    You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

  11. #11
    Senior Member WILD BILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROCK View Post
    First off....awesome work brother! I dig the blocks that you have, much better than stacking pieces of 2x4 on top of each other, I need to get our team a set up like that, did you make that yourself?

    To answer a couple of other questions on this thread, I agree with Bill that the block pulls are better than a rack pull. You get the normal bar bend that cannot be duplicated in a rack pull and is very important to get used to. Block pulls are a "truer" pull than a rack pull.

    I enjoy your teams videos very much, the most entertaining videos on this entire site without question, please keep them coming!

    In addition, there are so many squat and bench vids out there, it is good to see a top notch team continually putting out quality dl vids for everyone to see and for many to learn from.

    I do not know what your top pull is, but continue the hard work your doing and keep hitting big block numbers and you will smash the 800 barrier soon.

    Semper Fi
    No I didnt make them but a guy on our team did. Im glad all of WBB like the vids that we put up. We know how boring vids can get so we always try to keep the laughs cumn. I pulled 725 off the floor 2wks. My best in a meet though is 683lbs back on Dec6th and pulled 710lbs in a meet March 1st but they said I didnt lock it. All in all my dead has increased 42lbs or so in 4 months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Holy crap, that is a serious block pull Treston. Nice work
    Thanks Travis, u better be at the Pro/Am in Cinci where I hope to pull 800lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    Simply impressive
    Thanks Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete22 View Post
    You're such a block head, awesome pulling Treston.
    HAHA Block head nice. Thanks Pete
    26yrs old, 6'2'' 300lbs
    I like Powerlifting, Strongman and Scottish Games
    Total 308's - 2353lbs PRO Total in SPF
    Total SHW's - 2402lbs
    Elite Total in UPA, APF, IPA and SPF - 308's and SHW
    Current lifts-------Goals-Aug 2011
    SQ-953------------SQ-1050
    BP-711------------BP-750
    DL-737------------DL-800
    Total-2402-------Total-2600

  12. #12
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    12,832
    Awesome PULL!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  13. #13
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13
    I actually pull more from the floor than with blocks that height. It's hard to get leg drive in that position. I guess it would make sense for me to do these more.

Similar Threads

  1. The purpose of Chains and Bands
    By tramlaw in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM
  2. Westside 'Til You Die!
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
  3. Christian Thibaudeau's Periodization
    By silles in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 05:43 AM
  4. Toronto Nightclub help
    By Borgod Maxximus in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-12-2002, 12:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •