The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new ride

Who you callin' Clown? TUEFELHUNDEN's Avatar

My new ride

Check it out. Picked it up last week at 1/2 price. Mine is actually white/blue and it's great. Once the weather gets better I'll be commuting to work daily but I've been on a couple 20 mi. rides and it's great. My first Tri is in about 2 months so I'm hitting it hard so I'm pumped!
    Goal = IM 70.3 Racine 2010 (Sub 5 hour)
    LOG----->http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...58#post2079858

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Sweet- my dad bought a Parkpre for like $100 several years ago when a shop a couple hours away suddenly went out of business. Apparently they are normally like $500 and up for a full bike or something, but I don't know much about bikes, other than that's the only one I've ever not been able to break. Anyway, nice bike, good luck with it!
    Height: 6'2"
    Beginning Weight: 148 pounds (11/2/08)

Current Weight: 171 pounds (3/21/09)

Beautiful looking bike mate, I'm more in to mountain bikes for the time being but when the cash flow starts increasing I'd love to get a nice road bike. Good luck with your training!
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

How far of a commute?

Sweet dude! im more into bmx style bikes

I wish it was practical for me to ride to work or I'd consider picking up a bike.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    I wish it was practical for me to ride to work or I'd consider picking up a bike.
    Me too, but I typically jump on a plane and fly to my work so a bike wouldn't work too well. Sure would be nice, though. Help the environment and my GPP.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous1 View Post
    How far of a commute?
    8-1/2-9 miles each way. It's a great route too. It's all country roads with some great elevation changes which are great training.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teeroy View Post
    Me too, but I typically jump on a plane and fly to my work so a bike wouldn't work too well. Sure would be nice, though. Help the environment and my GPP.
    What do you do?

I thought about riding my bike to work or school but I get way too sweaty. I would have to take a shower in the gym on campus.

This is a useless quote that means nothing but yet defines me as a profound intellect.

6'1", 220@9%
    Bench 420
    Deadlift 710
    Squat 610

Looking for the best supplements?
    http://www.atlargenutrition.com/

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    I work 2.2 miles from my residence.

The father of someone at my sister's church was shot dead right outside a corner grocery store I pass everyday, on his bike. No thanks.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    I thought about riding my bike to work or school but I get way too sweaty. I would have to take a shower in the gym on campus.
    I know what you mean. I have to bring a backpack with all of my clothes for the office and a towel and deodorant and I can't imagine what it'll be like in July when its 90 and 100% humidity lol. If it was easy everyone would do it.

The thing I think is funny is the overweight guys in the shop or office who look at me like I'm the crazy one when I throw my bike helmet on to ride home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    I work 2.2 miles from my residence.

The father of someone at my sister's church was shot dead right outside a corner grocery store I pass everyday, on his bike. No thanks.
    I live 6 miles from work but I would have to pass through one of the busiest intersections in the state. Alternatively, I could go a back way which would be about 10 miles. Not a plus when you're pressed for time.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    I live 6 miles from work but I would have to pass through one of the busiest intersections in the state. Alternatively, I could go a back way which would be about 10 miles. Not a plus when you're pressed for time.
    Deff. I am fortunate that I work in a town of about 7k people so it's pretty mild. I might pass 5 cars on the country roads in the AM and a dozen in the evening. It's sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by TUEFELHUNDEN View Post
    8-1/2-9 miles each way. It's a great route too. It's all country roads with some great elevation changes which are great training.
    Sounds like the perfect ride to start or finish the day man, nice and relaxing but with elevations if you really want to push yourself. Good luck with your commuting!
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUEFELHUNDEN View Post
    Deff. I am fortunate that I work in a town of about 7k people so it's pretty mild. I might pass 5 cars on the country roads in the AM and a dozen in the evening. It's sweet.
    That sounds like a great relaxing way to end the day.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

sweet!!!

I bought one of these bad boys about 6 months ago and have ridden it like twice. After reading this I am determined to get out on it a good 3 times a week!!!!

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Now THAT'S my kind of bike! I don't actually know that much about mountain biking yet but that bad boy looks supreme anyway. Do you do much cycling Dan?
    My Journal

Nope!

I live like a 10 min cycle from work and I drive every day so i wanted to just leave the car at home and seize the opportunity to exercise.

There are some cool rides not far from Cambridge where I live though so I may well explore!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Haha yeah I bought myself a MTB too and have ended up using it for commuting mainly =(. How much did your shiny bike set you back (if you don't mind me asking)?
    My Journal

That's my baby there but in white instead of black/grey whatever that is. She ain't much but she's mine and she gets me around for now! When I get a decent job I want to look in to getting a roadbike and a dually... A boy can dream.
    My Journal

Tomv that looks sweet!

Mind set me back about £500, so about $800.

Ah really? Yeah it's about 1050$ (AUD) for me, looks like it's worth every penny (or cent, details details). Your big beefy frame rolling on that I'm sure you wouldn't have too many dick pedestrians getting in your way haha.

I rode home tonight (takes about 20-30 minutes) in a fairly consistent rainfall haha, drenched to the bone when I got to the door but it's more interesting then driving a car right?

BTW I haven't asked in a while (and don't mean to hi-jack the thread, feel free to respond via PM if that's more appropriate) but does ALN have any stockists in Australia yet? Now more then ever I'm on the hunt for a quality protein supp but I can't afford to ship in from another country =(.
    Last edited by tomv; 03-25-2009 at 06:06 AM.
    My Journal

ha ha, I'm not sure I would chose the bike over a car in the pouring rain though That's hardcore!

Check out this thread - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho....php?p=2111885

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    I used to work at a bicycle shop, in fact it was my first job in high school and was there for about 4 years. We carried Fuji and I have to say that they are a very good bike for the price - they are well made, good components, and reasonable price.

Just picked up a bike maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Was on sale at sports authority, just a mid range Diamondback to use for some cardio and maybe light trail riding. Couldn't pass up the deal and had been looking for a bike for a while. I used to dirt jump and race BMX when I was younger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com