Thread: thinking of training with my female friend

Banned

thinking of training with my female friend

so im thinking of joing a gym that my female friend goes to. shes a BODYBUILDER(i know right ) but she is pretty strong. last time i saw her which was like in december she was benching 140 for a few reps at like 5'6 155.

do you think training with a female will help me or hold me back?

Banned
    is it your best option?

If she's a bodybuilder I'm going to assume she's pretty committed and will train like a beast. She's almost doing BW bench which is pretty sick. Do it.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

It was a female pl that helped me get my 1st 400 bench. I have also trained with my wife who has lifted off over 500 for me on the bench and helped me get 150's to my shoulders for seated dumbell presses. Never underestimate the stronger gender.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I dont see anything wrong with it.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Banned
    I don't know why you'd want to train with a 155 pound girl:
    Video

Banned
    alright cool. she is one of those p[eople who thinks protein is kind off like steroids though so i was kind of concerned. but she is a strong freaking chick. idk how much shes lifting now, because when i lifted with her last time she was bulking. now she does like 25 reps of everything so not sure if lifting with her would help or not. but i need to join a gym anyway, and ican either join the one shes at, or join one for the same price that i kind of like better.(the machines are better) yeah im gonna use their machines! lol i know youre not really supposed to use machines if youre a hardcore pl but if im paying for the gym im gonna be using everything in sight luls.

If you want to do powerlifting, then you should train with powerlifters. Body building is a different sport.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

It really doesn't sound like your focused on PLing.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusWild View Post
    If you want to do powerlifting, then you should train with powerlifters. Body building is a different sport.
    thats nonsense

And i have been training with my fiancee for 2 years. W e do the sme stuff, i just go heavier. She spots, loads, and holds boards if i get the itch. If im gettin in gear i have other PL there with me or go to a PL gym, but almost all of my training is with her. On a side note, i cant imagine having a woman who wasnt involved in this with me and supportive of my lifting and competing. I know guys whose women bitch and moan about them spending too much time at the gym or dont understand it. ive been there, its not fun.
    All Time 198 Squat Record of 1,050 pounds
    http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?...e=&category=tr

All Time 220 Squat Record of 1,100 pounds

** 1063 squat , 611 bench, and 733 deadlift for 2408 Total
    All Time 242 Squat Record of 1,108 pounds At 228)
    ** 1108 squat , 639 bench, and 700 deadlift for 2447 Total

What I Lack in Genetics, I Make Up For With Determination and Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by rctriplefresh5 View Post
    alright cool. she is one of those p[eople who thinks protein is kind off like steroids though so i was kind of concerned. but she is a strong freaking chick. idk how much shes lifting now, because when i lifted with her last time she was bulking. now she does like 25 reps of everything so not sure if lifting with her would help or not. but i need to join a gym anyway, and ican either join the one shes at, or join one for the same price that i kind of like better.(the machines are better) yeah im gonna use their machines! lol i know youre not really supposed to use machines if youre a hardcore pl but if im paying for the gym im gonna be using everything in sight luls.
    i love a good hack squat machine for days i just dont feel like squatting. and machines are great for after u have already exhausted ur stabilizer muscles with the free weights. they allow u to keep pushin hard after the weak link has already given out.
    All Time 198 Squat Record of 1,050 pounds
    http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?...e=&category=tr

All Time 220 Squat Record of 1,100 pounds

** 1063 squat , 611 bench, and 733 deadlift for 2408 Total
    All Time 242 Squat Record of 1,108 pounds At 228)
    ** 1108 squat , 639 bench, and 700 deadlift for 2447 Total

What I Lack in Genetics, I Make Up For With Determination and Discipline

Sam, that's a smart strategy with the woman. My gf runs distance so she plans her runs for when I train. You're the only guy I know of that can mostly train like a body builder and still be a world class powerlifter. Most of the top powerlifters train with other powerlifters.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    It was a female pl that helped me get my 1st 400 bench. I have also trained with my wife who has lifted off over 500 for me on the bench and helped me get 150's to my shoulders for seated dumbell presses. Never underestimate the stronger gender.
    Yup. My wife is all of 138 lbs soaking wet. She's the one training partner who's beat my butt through the years in the gym.

The first time I ever benched 500 lbs in the gym she handed off to me. Her words: "you better get this you fat f'er 'cause theres no way in hell I'm pulling it off of you". I got it.

I've said for years the absolute best training partner a big guy can have is a woman who's serious about their weight training. They will push you harder than any guy will. The size difference adds a bit of an uncertainty that makes the guy pay attention to stuff he normally wouldn't. It makes for safer training and it makes for better strength gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Byrd52 View Post
    On a side note, i cant imagine having a woman who wasnt involved in this with me and supportive of my lifting and competing. I know guys whose women bitch and moan about them spending too much time at the gym or dont understand it. ive been there, its not fun.
    I'm in between right now. My girlfriend understands my training and will hold boards for me if I need it, but she bitches and complains about how much time I put into it. It's very frustrating at times, but I told her from the start, i'm dedicated, so you need to understand that.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Quote Originally Posted by Detard View Post
    I'm in between right now. My girlfriend understands my training and will hold boards for me if I need it, but she bitches and complains about how much time I put into it. It's very frustrating at times, but I told her from the start, i'm dedicated, so you need to understand that.
    Then get her involved. Start slow, be nice, explain what you are doing, but get her under the bar. If she's worth it, the bug will bite her and then you'll never look back. If she isn't, then.... well then you know.

bye bye

Just remember, somewhere in China there is a 14 year old girl warming up with your 1 REP MAX!!!

Don't underestimate women.
    Last edited by Ryano; 04-03-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!