The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

hitting point for titan super katana a/s

just wondering been messing around with it a bit and wondering what the optimum aiming place is for this shirt

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dr. Dudley-Robey DrDudley-Robey's Avatar
    The Super Kitana A/S is a great shirt however it is best for serious arched benchers - an inch or two below the bottom of the sternum. Remember this is just a guide though, everyone has a different sweet spot, it will take some trial and error. Have good spotters in the begining and mabye try board progression to get usto the shirt 3bd, 2bd, 1bd then to chest. Just remember to keep your elbows under the bar. Now go set ome new PR's
    Edward G. Dudley-Robey, M.D.
    www.DoctorBench.com

I have no idea what Dr Dudley is talking about. Jackass-800lb bencher, Big Roy-800lb bencher, Scott "Hoss" Cartwright-661lb bencher, Juan John-600lb bencher and myself 630lb bencher all from Super Training and all wear the Super Katana and NONE I repeat NONE of us have a serious let alone even a good arch when we bench in those shirts. Jackass, Roy, Juan and Hoss are flat back NO ARCH whatsoever when they bench and I have a very small arch. And yes we all wear the A/S shirt.

The Super Katana is not made for serious archers, its made for large men mainly. If u can get it to work for yourself and your 200lbs great but the shirt is generally for people that are over 220lbs who like the feel of a closed back shirt but like being able to jack it like an open back.
    26yrs old, 6'2'' 300lbs
    I like Powerlifting, Strongman and Scottish Games
    Total 308's - 2353lbs PRO Total in SPF
    Total SHW's - 2402lbs
    Elite Total in UPA, APF, IPA and SPF - 308's and SHW
    Current lifts-------Goals-Aug 2011
    SQ-953------------SQ-1050
    BP-711------------BP-750
    DL-737------------DL-800
    Total-2402-------Total-2600

Wannabebig Member
    wild bill what is the normal touching point with all of you guys that different are close to the same

Quote Originally Posted by majefski82 View Post
    wild bill what is the normal touching point with all of you guys that different are close to the same
    I would say about 2-3in below where it says Katana on the shirt. When I touch im about 2-3in above my belt so pretty low. That goes for most of us.
    26yrs old, 6'2'' 300lbs
    I like Powerlifting, Strongman and Scottish Games
    Total 308's - 2353lbs PRO Total in SPF
    Total SHW's - 2402lbs
    Elite Total in UPA, APF, IPA and SPF - 308's and SHW
    Current lifts-------Goals-Aug 2011
    SQ-953------------SQ-1050
    BP-711------------BP-750
    DL-737------------DL-800
    Total-2402-------Total-2600

Dr. Dudley-Robey DrDudley-Robey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WILD BILL View Post
    I have no idea what Dr Dudley is talking about. Jackass-800lb bencher, Big Roy-800lb bencher, Scott "Hoss" Cartwright-661lb bencher, Juan John-600lb bencher and myself 630lb bencher all from Super Training and all wear the Super Katana and NONE I repeat NONE of us have a serious let alone even a good arch when we bench in those shirts. Jackass, Roy, Juan and Hoss are flat back NO ARCH whatsoever when they bench and I have a very small arch. And yes we all wear the A/S shirt.

The Super Katana is not made for serious archers, its made for large men mainly. If u can get it to work for yourself and your 200lbs great but the shirt is generally for people that are over 220lbs who like the feel of a closed back shirt but like being able to jack it like an open back.
    I know the ST guys (Very nice guys, Great lifters) and what you are not taking into account is the fact that those guys are going to hit the same location- an inch or two below the bottom of the sternum as an arched bencher due to the size of their bencher bellys! Most people are not built that size so when asking about a shirt you give what the shirt is made for not how a pro lifter is using it.

The Titan Super Kitana comes in 2 styles S/S for flat backed benchers and the A/S for arched benchers, this is stated right on Titan's website. It comes in a large range of sizes and is not made just for people Mark, Scott and Roy's size or they would not sell very many of them!

I have had great success in Kitana's at 165/181 lb's including multiple records and a Bronze Medal at last years GPC World Championship in England. My coach James "Priest" Burdette at 198 has won 2 WABDL world championships and set multiple records in the Kitana also.

I hope this makes clear my previous post.
    Edward G. Dudley-Robey, M.D.
    www.DoctorBench.com

I think the optimal touch point is dependant on how you have the shirt adjusted and the weight on the bar.
    Can't wait 'til tomorrow, 'cause I get stronger every day!

I don't have much of an arch and I wear an A/S. I touch right around the IPF logo or upper abs.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler