Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo and Matt Rhodes Training Seminar

Matt, sometimes you crack me up. We need to work on your selling skills.

On a serious note, I am guessing Matt is much more pleasant in person and anyone attending this seminar will learn a lot and be glad they attended. I spoke at Westside's seminar last weekend and I truly enjoyed listening to the presentations of the other speakers, none the least of which was Louie. The more I get to know Louie the more I appreciate the guy because pretty much everything he preaches is spot on.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Matt, sometimes you crack me up. We need to work on your selling skills.

On a serious note, I am guessing Matt is much more pleasant in person...
    Not really, he's about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    ...and anyone attending this seminar will learn a lot and be glad they attended. I spoke at Westside's seminar last weekend and I truly enjoyed listening to the presentations of the other speakers, none the least of which was Louie. The more I get to know Louie the more I appreciate the guy because pretty much everything he preaches is spot on.
    This part is 100% true.
    Roll Tide.

GREAT SEMINAR I hit a 20lb raw pr, my bench went from 315 to 335lbs pretty stoked about that. Thanks for Vince, Matt and Kenny having it, great meeting you guys.

Great seminar with a lot of professional information. These guys really know their stuff!!! I seemed to amaze me how Rhodes can just see someone bench once and point out things to help them. Things that that person would of never knew and things that us watching wouldn't of known. I was lucky enough to hold the board for Vinny when he was benching, which he worked up to 765lbs off a 1 board. Seminar was well worth the 3 hour drive and would definately go again in the future.

PS Kenny Hinchman is a freaking BEAST!!!

Thanks guys. Wow, what a great day. Everyone came prepared to learn and work. Thanks to all the guys who came. I really had a great time talking and lifting with you all. You all have great potential. We threw lots of information out at you. Start implementing one thing at a time and master it. Don't forget to SFW!

For Big Kenny. thanks for setting up the seminar. Your raw bench looked awesome yesterday and you were bigger than ever. Rhodes was his excellent coach self yesterday. He worked his ass off and was able to pick up on a lot of little things lifters needed assistance with. Lastly, Karsten "The Project" did a great job helping, lifting off, and giving advice. He's going to be a force in years to come.

It was a great day! It's why I stay in the sport. Great people and great times!

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

This seminar was amazing. When I saw how close it was to my house I jumped at the oppurtunity to go. It was well worth the $75. These guys know their ****. I am a bit taller so I had Rhodes coaching me the whole time. I went in there thinking I had a decent setup when I bench and I couldn't have been more wrong. I learned so much from Vinnie, Rhodes, and Kenny yesterday. I got there at 9 15 am and left around 5 15 pm. They were willing to stay still at that point too which was awesome. They answered my questions from everything to C-paps to DE and ME tricep exercises. Today was my ME day and I even hit a 10 lb PR on 3-board tricep presses. Honestly, if anyone has the opportunity to check out one of their seminars you should. I learned more from them then I have from just watching videos online in the past year. I might even take you guys up on your offer to train in CT sometime.

Vinnie, your 765 looked effortless. Big Ken's raw bench was awesome. The gym had a great atmosphere and I think it's time I start training over there. Karsten, I think you're the only person that's able to pack a huge lip at 9 15 in the morning.

Thanks a lot for everything guys. I had a great time. My hips and back couldn't be more sore. I was definitely "miserable" on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by no regrets View Post
    Thanks a lot for everything guys. I had a great time. My hips and back couldn't be more sore. I was definitely "miserable" on the bench.
    Yea, my freaking hips, glutes, low back, quads, and pretty much everything but my chest was killing me!!! I was "miserable" on the bench and also on the long drive home!!!
    Last edited by Jeff Garvin; 05-11-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    26 - 6'0"@183lbs http://www.youtube.com/user/Droll6683
    Squat - 295lbs
    Bench - 240lbs
    Deadlift - 430lbs
    Total: 965lbs

"If you lift Mickey Mouse poundage’s, all you’re going to get is a Mickey Mouse body." -Stuart McRobert
    "I know the true strength of a man is not in how much he can lift but how high he can lift others." -Dave Tate
    SFW!

Special thanks to Matt Vinny and the hairless Sasquatch for making the trip to the Island. Great seminar great coaching and great lifters. Vinny you’re right when you said, “this is what it’s all about, to be able to give back and see so many lifters do well and get excited about the sport, awesome.., this was a great day!”
    Thanks to all who attended. It truly was a great day.
    Their are two types of people, those who make progress and those who make excuses. SFW

Wannabebig New Member
    Despite the seminar being over I wanted to say that Vincent and Matt know their ****. Over the years I've had the pleasure of visiting Westside and training with a few top 10 lifters...I always took something away from the sessions, no matter how small.

I visited South Side Gym, sometime back and received some advice from Matt and Vincent and it was by far the most useful coaching I had ever received, hands down.

If you ever have an opportunity to attend this seminar or have the pleasure and honor of training with these two gentlemen, take it...even if you have to drive for 18 hours...I guarantee it will improve your bench better than any article you ever read online or in Powerlifting USA.

Class act, both of them. SFW