The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,477

    Budget Director Peter Orszag on Daily Show

    If you look in the middle section there are videos and there are 2 for Peter Orszag. (I didn't find them on youtube)

    http://www.thedailyshow.com/

    Anyways, in Part 2 they are discussing the $1.3 trillion deficit they are inheriting (he likes to hammer that home). But then they are talking about $15 trillion in 10 years and Stewart asks a question I thought half of $1.3 trillon is like $650 billon, not $7 trillon. So if they are "inheriting" a $1.3 trillion deficit, then why are they going to jack it up to $10 trillion or whatever number.

    There seem to be a bunch of economists on this board, can anyone explain what is going on? This is really interesting to me, but I just don't get this. I look at it as a business and if it ran like this I'd be in the poor house in 6 months. Its crazy. Seems to me they are going to drive up the deficit to $15 trillion, then cut it in half to $7 trillion, so they are complaining about inheriting a $1.3 trillion deficit, but they will be handing over a $7 trillion deficit. Thats what I am taking away from it, Crazy K or Shooter, you guys got to know what is happening.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    The deficit will be over $10 trillion in 8 years. Orzag is a liar, and he was allowed to lie without question because Stewart is almost as far left as Olberman.

    It is sad that so many sheeple get their information from the comedy channel.

    I am not saying that as an insult to you, I'm just making a general observation.
    Last edited by rainjack; 04-02-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: clarification.

  4. #3
    I Wanna Taco johnnyo_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    The deficit will be over $10 trillion in 8 years. Orzag is a liar, and he was allowed to lie without question because Stewart is almost as far left as Olberman.

    It is sad that so many sheeple get their information from the comedy channel.

    I am not saying that as an insult to you, I'm just making a general observation.

    rofl, its a shame so many people get their 'news' from Fox as well. Don't single out left leaning media outlets without also calling out the right wing outlets for what they are as well. "News" in this country has been replaced with over inflated egotistical talking heads regurgitating the same rheotoric every day.

    And my question to you: What would your response be if Orzag was instead republican working for a republican president? Its easy for you to call a person a liar when you know he's a democrat, thats what makes you a good conservative. Likewise, a good democrat will take what he says at face value. So who are the sheeple in this scenario? - Answer - EVERYONE.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyo_99 View Post

    rofl, its a shame so many people get their 'news' from Fox as well. Don't single out left leaning media outlets without also calling out the right wing outlets for what they are as well. "News" in this country has been replaced with over inflated egotistical talking heads regurgitating the same rheotoric every day.

    And my question to you: What would your response be if Orzag was instead republican working for a republican president? Its easy for you to call a person a liar when you know he's a democrat, thats what makes you a good conservative. Likewise, a good democrat will take what he says at face value. So who are the sheeple in this scenario? - Answer - EVERYONE.
    I don't watch Fox News. If the discussion were about Fox News' bias, perhaps I would comment on them. Focus on the subject at hand. Fox has nothing to do with the tripe the Daily Show is peddling.

    Orzag said they were going to cut the deficit in half. That is a lie. By all accounts, the deficit is going up to $7 - $13 trillion dollars. I don't care which party you are affiliated with - what Orzag said is a lie. It's easy for me to call people who lie liars.

    Sheeple are the asshats getting their information from the comedy channel. How hard is that to understand?

    If you want to start a thread about how evil Fox News is, or how the republicans are a bunch of liars - start a thread about it. This thread is about Orzag's comments on The Daily Show. Try to focus.

  6. #5
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    The deficit will be over $10 trillion in 8 years. Orzag is a liar, and he was allowed to lie without question because Stewart is almost as far left as Olberman.

    It is sad that so many sheeple get their information from the comedy channel.

    I am not saying that as an insult to you, I'm just making a general observation.
    I watch the Daily SHow b/c it is funny. I think Stewart was asking Orszag what I would have asked him, why are you telling me your cutting $1.3 trillion in half, but in ten years its gonig to be $7 trillion. Basically, he didn't come out and say it, but your complaining about inheriting a $1.3 trillion debt, but you will be leaving the next president $7 trillion. So what are you complaining about?
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    I watch the Daily SHow b/c it is funny. I think Stewart was asking Orszag what I would have asked him, why are you telling me your cutting $1.3 trillion in half, but in ten years its gonig to be $7 trillion. Basically, he didn't come out and say it, but your complaining about inheriting a $1.3 trillion debt, but you will be leaving the next president $7 trillion. So what are you complaining about?
    What am I complaining about? I'm not complaining. Orzag is a lackey for an admitted Keynesian socialist. Stewart is all too happy to let him off the hook after he had Orzag squirming in his own excrement.

  8. #7
    Senior Member BilltheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,477
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    What am I complaining about? I'm not complaining. Orzag is a lackey for an admitted Keynesian socialist. Stewart is all too happy to let him off the hook after he had Orzag squirming in his own excrement.
    You need to chill out and stop being argumentative with everyone, especially when I am agreeing with you. If you are going to be a troll and try arguing with everyone then your not going to last long around here. Try and respect other people's opinions and don't insult people who basically agree with most of your recent posts.

    It may not be clear since I didn't use quotes. I was summorizing what Stewart was trying to say and what he should have been saying.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 04-02-2009 at 02:14 PM.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

  9. #8
    I Wanna Taco johnnyo_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    I don't watch Fox News. If the discussion were about Fox News' bias, perhaps I would comment on them. Focus on the subject at hand. Fox has nothing to do with the tripe the Daily Show is peddling.

    Orzag said they were going to cut the deficit in half. That is a lie. By all accounts, the deficit is going up to $7 - $13 trillion dollars. I don't care which party you are affiliated with - what Orzag said is a lie. It's easy for me to call people who lie liars.

    Sheeple are the asshats getting their information from the comedy channel. How hard is that to understand?

    If you want to start a thread about how evil Fox News is, or how the republicans are a bunch of liars - start a thread about it. This thread is about Orzag's comments on The Daily Show. Try to focus.
    I mention fox only because you mentioned olberman, they are both mutually exclusive imo.

    i'm fine with you calling him a liar, i'm not an economist nor a physchologist so I cannot tell if the man is lying or not.

    i'm bashing fox and nbc if you noticed and never said republicans were liars. i will defend jon stewert however, he has a good show and it is what it is, comedy. I agree that if a person's sole source of news was from a comedy show than they should be dubbed an idiot. I define sheeple as people who follow the party line like its the word of god.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    You need to chill out and stop being argumentative with everyone, especially when I am agreeing with you. If you are going to be a troll and try arguing with everyone then your not going to last long around here. Try and respect other people's opinions and don't insult people who basically agree with most of your recent posts.

    It may not be clear since I didn't use quotes. I was summorizing what Stewart was trying to say and what he should have been saying.
    I wasn't trying to be argumentative. You would know if I were. Whose opinion was I not respecting?

    You last sentence seemed to be accusatory towards me. If I misread it, I apologize.

    And I would like to know what I said that was insulting to you.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyo_99 View Post
    I mention fox only because you mentioned olberman, they are both mutually exclusive imo.

    i'm fine with you calling him a liar, i'm not an economist nor a physchologist so I cannot tell if the man is lying or not.

    i'm bashing fox and nbc if you noticed and never said republicans were liars. i will defend jon stewert however, he has a good show and it is what it is, comedy. I agree that if a person's sole source of news was from a comedy show than they should be dubbed an idiot. I define sheeple as people who follow the party line like its the word of god.
    I define sheeple as people who just go with the pack and refuse to think for themselves. If you tow the party line, and can intelligently defend it on your own - then you are not a sheeple. But if you tow the party line because the president says so - then you are part of the pack.

  12. #11
    Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,809
    The Daily Show rips on Dem's all the time, try watching it sometime before you try and lump it with Kieth Olberman.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

    Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    395
    Though I'll never be able to prove it, I swear John Stewart is a cokehead and it's all I can think about when I watch his show. He exhibits almost every sign.

  14. #13
    I Wanna Taco johnnyo_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    What am I complaining about? I'm not complaining. Orzag is a lackey for an admitted Keynesian socialist. Stewart is all too happy to let him off the hook after he had Orzag squirming in his own excrement.
    I can see your passionate about this subject. Stewart is not alone when it comes to TV personalities letting people off the hook. Thats just the problem with reporters these days, no one asks the hard questions and someone else is always to blame. It doesn't matter if there democrat or republican.

    socialist? come on...that party line has run its course...and whats wrong with keynesian theory?
    Last edited by johnnyo_99; 04-02-2009 at 02:53 PM.

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    The Daily Show rips on Dem's all the time, try watching it sometime before you try and lump it with Kieth Olberman.
    You are right. He does rip on Dems. He tore a hole in Cramer. But he gave Orzag a big fat pass. Maybe Stewart was afraid of having congress raise his taxes to 90% if he actually held Orzag's feet to the fire.

  16. #15
    I Wanna Taco johnnyo_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpstick View Post
    Though I'll never be able to prove it, I swear John Stewart is a cokehead and it's all I can think about when I watch his show. He exhibits almost every sign.
    cokehead? how about pothead

  17. #16
    I Wanna Taco johnnyo_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack View Post
    I define sheeple as people who just go with the pack and refuse to think for themselves. If you tow the party line, and can intelligently defend it on your own - then you are not a sheeple. But if you tow the party line because the president says so - then you are part of the pack.
    I agree. Also, if you tow the party line in opposition of the President, then you are part of the pack as well.

  18. #17
    Senior Member Jorge Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,609
    Stewart is a comedian, not a journalist. It might help to keep that distinction in mind.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post
    Stewart is a comedian, not a journalist. It might help to keep that distinction in mind.
    I think he is a comedian who desperately wants to be taken serious.

Similar Threads

  1. Lee Priest interviews stolen from Elite
    By The_Chicken_Daddy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
  2. Thanks Daily Show, eh?
    By BULK_BOY in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
  3. What do you guys think of this program?? LONG!!!!!
    By burnout in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
  4. Celebration of diversity, Dwarf-dating show
    By geoffgarcia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 01:10 PM
  5. the DBZ conspiracy and how it happened
    By Sayiajin Prince in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-27-2001, 04:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •