Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there could be a Revolution again?

Quote Originally Posted by anelka View Post
    What if the guns were banned? Then they'd be upholding the law. And the military had no problems committing all sorts of human rights atrocities in Vietnam, what makes you think they'll object to wiping out people in America?
    It's a stretch to compare the killing of Vietnamese non-combatants versus killing domestic American's.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

"A life unexamined is not worth living"- Socrates

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    . And the military had no problems committing all sorts of human rights atrocities in Vietnam, what makes you think they'll object to wiping out people in America?

(1)The military is not some vast unchanging monolith.

(2) The people who committed those atrocities are not the same people in the military today.

(3) The people who committed those atrocities were a small proportion of the military.

(4) It is quite a bit harder/different to kill someone who looks like your next door neighbor as opposed to a foreign combatant. That's not what they signed up for.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    (4) It is quite a bit harder/different to kill someone who looks like your next door neighbor as opposed to a foreign combatant. That's not what they signed up for.
    Not to mention those massacres were the result of troops being farked in the head from being shot at by unseen enemies in the jungle for months on end.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Combat Infantryman
    What if the guns were banned? Then they'd be upholding the law. And the military had no problems committing all sorts of human rights atrocities in Vietnam, what makes you think they'll object to wiping out people in America?
    Vietnam was a war mostly composed of draftees. People drafted then would not be accepted now for moral, physical, or psychological reasons. We just got a memo last week that because of the progress made in Iraq and the draw-down next year, we have the numbers we need and will no longer be accepting physically unfit recruits, ANY moral/legal waivers, or old dudes. All of these people were sent over weekly in Vietnam.

Also, Vietnam was a lot more stressful; ****ty protective gear, ****ty tactics, and a life expectancy of a few seconds for some units.

Plus drugs and booze. **** gets crazy when you have a bunch of doped up drunk guys with machine guns.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    It's a stretch to compare the killing of Vietnamese non-combatants versus killing domestic American's.
    hey crazy would you care to explain your reply?
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    hey crazy would you care to explain your reply?
    Sure. Anelka was attempting to make the claim that because former US soldiers murdered Vietnamese non-combatants during the Vietnam war, there could likely be a similar scenario here in the USA. I disagree to the extent that it could be likely.
    "You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones."- Quran 16:25

Gotcha, I thought you were evading the fact that many vietnemese lost their lives and were tortured and banned from their homeland for our ideals (democracy) by referring to them as non-combatants
    Last edited by Bam Bam; 04-10-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    (2) The people who committed those atrocities are not the same people in the military today.
    Looking at what goes on in Iraq, I wouldn't say today's lot are any better.

What do next door neighbors look like? I thought there were Americans of all ethnicities.

food. thats the one issue that probably would create a big revolt of some sort. everyone has too eat, noone wants to be a hunter/gatherer again
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 190

Louisville's NE YMCA

Banned

Really? Suicide bombers in Iraq have killed exponentially more civilians and commited many more "atrocities" than the soldiers. The soldiers are there to help Iraqis, not kill them.

What do next door neighbors look like? I thought there were Americans of all ethnicities.
    This comment makes you a bigot. Americans, at least most, share common beliefs that makes them Americans. These beliefs transcend race. My next door neighbor, regardless of race, looks like a man or woman that can afford a house in my neighborhood, works hard, and pays their bills.
    Last edited by Pimpstick; 04-13-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Combat Infantryman

Really? What goes on in Iraq? A few cases a year of some dude going off the deep end? A few bad apples don't spoil the bunch. Civilians do worse **** to civilians then the American military does to civilians in Iraq and here in America.

You sound really anti-military, one of those dudes who would have signed up but has flat feet, eh?
    U.S. Army Infantry

Quote Originally Posted by Bikkstah View Post
    Really? What goes on in Iraq? A few cases a year of some dude going off the deep end? A few bad apples don't spoil the bunch. Civilians do worse **** to civilians then the American military does to civilians in Iraq and here in America.

You sound really anti-military, one of those dudes who would have signed up but has flat feet, eh?
    It's Anelka.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Combat Infantryman
    I don't know what that is supposed to mean. I just started reading here again about a week ago for the first time in about a year.
    U.S. Army Infantry

I don't know what that is supposed to mean. I just started reading here again about a week ago for the first time in about a year.
    All you really need to know is that regardless of the issue, if the US is involved it's always wrong.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    It's Anelka.
    ignore list is a wonderful thing
    Last edited by ncsuLuke; 04-13-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster

There are. I was referring to the fact that they wear the same clothes, speak the same language, have the same toys for their kids, live in a similar house....dozens of things like that.

Nice try at evading the issue though.

You say up, he says down/ you say black, he says white/ you say US Military, he says baby killing, evil murderers that thirst for blood all in the name of the US Empire, you say strong work ethic/ he says entitlement, you say personal responsibility/ he says its someone elses fault and there should be a government agency that should make you feel better.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

You say up, he says down/ you say black, he says white/ you say US Military, he says baby killing, evil murderers that thirst for blood all in the name of the US Empire, you say strong work ethic/ he says entitlement, you say personal responsibility/ he says its someone elses fault and there should be a government agency that should make you feel better.
    And smokinhawk is just as obnoxiously disagreeable in the exact opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    And smokinhawk is just as obnoxiously disagreeable in the exact opposite direction.
    Does he still post?

I actually like when Anelka posts, I'm just amazed there is someone out there who is my exact polar opposite in almost everything.

Does he still post?

I actually like when Anelka posts, I'm just amazed there is someone out there who is my exact polar opposite in almost everything.
    I think he was banned.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
    I think he was banned.
    He was banned.
    I will miss how he managed to work some anti-obama comment into any subject regardless of its relevance.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryblade View Post
    he was banned.
    I will miss how he managed to work some anti-obama comment into any subject regardless of its relevance.
    baby killer!!!

I'm sure this will piss some off, but instead of a revolution, I can see some form of a race war popping off in the next 10yrs...

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    I'm sure this will piss some off, but instead of a revolution, I can see some form of a race war popping off in the next 10yrs...
    Doesn't piss me off. I think you're absolutely right.
    Name: Justin Height: 6'2" Weight: 205 lbs. Age: 25

"Pick the right door, and you'll go free ... pick the wrong door, and there he'll be ..."

"It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark!"

Thought maybe I was the only one.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.