The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Novus bars are insane!

i've been giving out samples of the cookie dough bars both at work in the gym, to my clients, and i will be bringing some to the show of hands this saturday for everyone to try! I'll be honest... it's been very hard to put them aside for samples and not eat them like candy. VERY low carb, very filling, tastes FANTASTIC and they don't have the chalky taste that most meal replacement bars do and with 36 grams of protien..they deliver more bio-available macros than any other bar on the market that i've sampled! AWESOME BARS CHRIS! Also for those trying to watch their diet but are having a hard time giving up the sweet stuff like me.. i've been having a cookie dough bar as a replacement for cookies and candy bars with a glass of milk a day and it's much easier to leave the bad stuff be when i have these on hand. i keep a few in my office at work for when i can't make lunch with back to back clients and my girlfriend even has them stashed in her purse now whenever i get dragged along on "shopping trips" and start to get cranky from lack of food 6 hours in.. guys i know you know what i'm talking about!
    Proud to be sponsored by APT prowriststraps.com

90* just means you're halfway there to becoming a man!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

romantic relations w/bacon Indifference's Avatar
    I agree completely, I swear I could eat these for every meal of the day. I just dont think itd be that healthy to knock out 5 or 6 a day and my wallet would be screamin!

Maybe we can get a per pallet discount?!
    Oly Lifting + Some PL

#'s will be up when I know them

I pretty much hate all protein bars but I really need some for when I am on the go and can't have a shake. I will have to give these new bars a try on my next order.

Quote Originally Posted by ELmx479 View Post
    I pretty much hate all protein bars but I really need some for when I am on the go and can't have a shake. I will have to give these new bars a try on my next order.
    Give 'em a shot. I also think they are terrific. Im really enjoying the cookie dough, and have the mint on the way. I totally agree with the above poster...if protein bars werent so costly to make and buy, I could easily eat these every day.
    - Slave & Master At The Same Damn Time -
    Hoping To Compete Natty Early 2011

That's awesome! Thanks guys!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    I completely agree that the novus bars are insanely good. I ordered the cookie dough ones, and I am 100% glad I did. At first I was a little skeptical on ordering them because I can't count how many times I have heard of a protein bar tasting exactly like cookie dough, peanut butter, chocolate toffee, etc, and they haven't at all. Novus bars are the exact opposite, the cookie dough actually taste like cookie dough! I was extremely impressed. They are really soft which is a plus, most protein bars are extremely chewy, which I personally don't like. Novus bars are the best protein bars I have had hands down. I highly recommend them to anyone that wants the best tasting protein bar hands down. Great job At Large! Can't wait to try the mint.

Wooly

Thanks so much!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Choco-Mint...In the Freezer...let sit at room temp for a few short minutes before you eat it. Thank me later.
    - Slave & Master At The Same Damn Time -
    Hoping To Compete Natty Early 2011

Just call me a Gym Rat!
    After some thought I'm going to get some of these bars...they sound so good and should be a great supplement for the backpack. Now if only we could get a small discount for being members here.

BB

I didn't like the cookie dough one, it wasn't bad but nothing special that made me want to go with that flavor. I have a mint one to try, might give it a shot this afternoon.

Any chance of mailing a few samples to the number one ALN fan in Australia?
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by .Tim View Post
    I didn't like the cookie dough one, it wasn't bad but nothing special that made me want to go with that flavor. I have a mint one to try, might give it a shot this afternoon.
    The mint one is a lot better! I love it.

I don't doubt at all that they are delicious, because I enjoyed their other products but 8 bars for 20 bucks....no thanks. Must be nice being sponsored...

Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    Any chance of mailing a few samples to the number one ALN fan in Australia?
    I already got them

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    I already got them
    Prick haha.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

I just got a couple with my ALN order (thanks Chris!) and the Mint Cookie is hands down the best protein bar I have ever had!

The only thing stopping me from ordering some is the Arizona sun really did a number to the chocolate coating during transit. I threw them in the fridge for a couple hours but the damage was already done.
    Last edited by collin44; 05-14-2009 at 03:37 PM.

I also got a couple of samples and will attest to the taste being rediculously good. I preferred the cookie dough myself, but they were both delicious.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Mine came today, 8 of each. I tried a couple bites of the cookie dough before supper and it was a lot better than I expected. I bought them mainly to use as breakfast since I never have the time or inclination to cook in the mornings.

I like the cookie dough ones the best right out of the fridge. Much easier to chew/swallow. I look like i have peanut butter stuck on the roof of my mouth when i eat these warm since they are chewier.

Wannabebig Member
    ill have to try these

I want to try these! I love cookie dough hahah

Wannabebig New Member MIKE ARVILLA's Avatar
    ill have to try em!

As soon as I heard ALN were producing these bars I knew i'd have to give them a go as i've tried just about every other of their products and have never been dissapointed. The main reason I waited so long to try them was the cost to the UK inc shipping was quite expensive but as I needed Maximus anyway it was the ideal time.

I bought 16 Mint and my first impression was bloody hell these are THICK and VERY FILLING, actually the truth is I thought they were very diffcult to consume and expected them to sit in the cupboard. However I tried another the day after and just eat a small bit at a time, now they are part of my daily diet and I actually LOVE eating them compared to when I first tried them.

Overall a fantastic product
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

Awesome to hear and we really appreciate the order. I know it's sometimes a bit hit and miss on how effective it is to order from the UK, but we really appreciate your loyalty and business. I promise once we make ALN products available in the UK, we'll reward our UK customers who ordered from us in the past.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Awesome to hear and we really appreciate the order. I know it's sometimes a bit hit and miss on how effective it is to order from the UK, but we really appreciate your loyalty and business. I promise once we make ALN products available in the UK, we'll reward our UK customers who ordered from us in the past.
    The best offer i've had in ages

Cheers
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.