Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's Journal

MonStar,

Just read your workout - great sets really it your chest hard today. Also looks like this gym is working out for you. I finally got some ALA - had to buy capsules though. I see your taking 500mg, do you think it's proportional to body weight?

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Fart Barker-
    Damn man that sucks, big time bro. Good luck with strengthening your back and everything like that. I can tell its tough but just do the best you can and work with what youve got.

the doc-
    Haha.. the ALA powder aftertaste is a struggle. Basically a gag and a cough or 2. Little heaving here and there. Very strong on my throat. Hey but ya gotta do what ya gotta do right? Some sh*ts tough, thats the way that I look at it. Some stuff ya gotta do whether you like it or not.

rookiebldr-
    Yeah pretty good chest workout today I guess. Nothing too unbelievable. Anyway I am taking 1/2 gram doses of ALA because I have the powder. Cheap stuff. I would go with 200-300 mg. doses of ALA if I were you man. Good luck, when are you taking it? Postworkout with carbs?

MS

MonStar-
    Thanks for dosage suggestion. Originally I was going to use it pre-cardio. After reading some of the posts here, I'll use it postworkout as well. I have now, so I might as well make use of it for both events.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

rookiebldr-
    Yeah man no problem, and again I would go with precardio and postworkout. Seems to be the best times to take them. What kind of carbs are you taking in postworkout? Simple sugars I am sure that you know are best.

MS

Baby, Good luck with this program! I hope you meet all of your strength goals too. I love you <3

Brittany1016... baby! I love you too sweetie.

... My best friend.

MS

bone crusher
    *vomits*

monstar, i take it this is your woman ^^

You're cheating on me Monstar?!
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

the doc-
    Yeah she said she just wanted to get on here for a few minutes and see what my journal looked like that I always talked about. Hehe she cracks me up!

The_Chicken_Daddy-
    Yeah dude, sorry. I didnt want you to find out right away but now that you know theres not much I can do about it.

... Just hit 1000 views.

MS
    Last edited by MonStar; 04-14-2002 at 08:00 AM.

What does the 1016 mean at the end of her name *cough* the wench *cough*

"Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

The_Chicken_Daddy-
    1016 is just her birthday dude, not the wench. October 16th, and when I used to have 1023 it was my birthday, October 23.

MS

Wow i just noticed - you started a new account? Why?

The_Chicken_Daddy-
    I just didnt like the numbers after my name thats all. Its all good, not too big of a deal. Kept everything else the same.

MS

(for a description of my diet please click here, for a description of my supplements please click here, for a description of my training please click here, and finally to view my strength goals please click here)

Week 1 | Day 2
    Thursday, April 14, 2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Postworkout: 15 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk + 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. low-fat butter
      (590 calories, 56g protein, 55g carbs, 15g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + Smarties + Sweettarts
      (410 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 3: 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 cups skim milk
      (420 calories, 28g protein, 42g carbs, 18g fat)

Meal 4: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo
      (380 calories, 29g protein, 29g carbs, 16g fat)

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple
      (290 calories, 26g protein, 25g carbs, 10g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2090
      Total (g) Protein: 183g - 35%
      Total (g) Carbs: 206g - 39%
      Total (g) Fat: 61g - 26%

Overall Comments.
      Feel pretty good today. Talked a long time today with my girlfriend about our relationship and I think that things are really going to get better. I love her to death and I just hope that everything works out. Anyway felt good other than that, a little thirsty. Oh well.

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest and triceps are aching. Nothing too major. Triceps are far more sore than my chest for some reason. Side delts are actually a little sore, but not my front or rear delts. Wierd.

Sleep.
      7 hours sleep last night. Good amount I guess. Really need more. I have school tomorrow which really sucks but I need to really get to bed early tonight.

Supplements.
      With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

Preworkout: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Before Bed: Sleep Formula

Training. Back, Biceps, Forearms.
      Wide-grip Underhand Chins: +35 x 7 [***]

... Totally AWESOME set of chins here. Great way to start off my back day. Flexed my lats hard throughout the entire set. Wrists bothered me a little bit but nothing too big of a deal I dont think. I think that its just the strict underhand grip etc. Not anything all that big of a deal. Good set though. Intense, failure no doubt, and good back contractions. Got an okay pump in my back considering that it was just one set.

Bentover Underhand Cambered-bar Rows: 190 x 10.5 [***]

... Great set of rows here!! Havnt done Yates rows like this in the longest time. Probably a good 6 months or more. Loving them. Form was flawless, reps were perfect, back contractions were magnificent! Used an underhand shoulder width grip on the cambered bar. F*cked the sh*t outta my lats with these. Great lat contractions, really felt it like crazy. I was bentover at about 70 degrees something like that. Pulled the bar straight to my waistline. F*cking flawless set!

Incline Underhand Machine Rows: 190 x 7.5 [***]

... Great set of incline rows today. Arched my back and really squeezed the hell outta my lats and midback. Got some incredible contractions with this exercise. Great movement, great exercise, great set, great contractions. Awesome everything. Loving this machine noticed today that Paramount makes it. Really really an excellent back machine.

Seated V-bar Cable Rows: 215 x 7.5 [***]

... Good set of cable rows here. Used 215 as you can see. Really squeezed the f*ck outta my back with these. Kept my back perfectly arched and pulled the v-bar straight to my stomach. Right around my sternum area. Squeezed my midback like crazy. Really amazing back contractions throughout this entire back workout. Going to feel it tomorrow!

Seated Machine Pullovers: 200 x 7.5 [***]

... Wow first time EVER using this Nautilus machine. What an incredible machine. Strap the f*ck in the seat and start your pulling! Really felt this exercise much more than standard crossbench dumbbell pullovers. Felt it in my lats, serratus, and all under my armpits etc. Lats were flexed hard throughout the entire set.

Seated V-bar Cable Pulldowns: 185 x 8.5 [***]

... Awesome set of pulldowns. F*cked up on the last 6-7 reps. Well I didnt mess them up but they were perfect reps. I mean I couldnt arch my back as much as I would have liked. Oh well not too big of a deal. At this point my lats were so beat up I just couldnt handle anymore. Stopped at 8.5 reps. Lats were burnt out completely, I was exausted. Good set though.

Standing Barbell Curls: 115 x 6 [***]

... F*cking PISSED off here! Used 115 today to get a few more reps and I only got 6! And my 6th rep was a damn joke!! Total body English involved. Pathetic if you ask me. Oh well I got over it. Need to up my barbell curl strength big time. Sick of this p*ssy bullsh*t. Oh well we can see how things go. Next week going for 117.5 for 6 strict f*cking reps!

Seated Close-grip Cambered-bar Preacher Curls: 95 x 8.5 [***]

... GREAT set of preachers here baby! Used a more upright preacher curl bench than I have ever used before. Similar to spider curls but not that high of an angle. Great set though. Really hit my biceps hard with some weight and a lot of intensity. This exercise seemed to pump up my biceps all the way. Great set.

Standing Cable Curls: 140 x 7.5 [***]

... Intense set of standing cable curls here. Kept my knees a little bent and my elbows locked towards my sides. Really hit the f*ck outta my biceps big time baby. Great set. Really hit my biceps hard, deep burn throughout the set and good pump afterwards. Good overall set. Going to keep the same weight next Sunday I think and try for some more reps.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 30 x 9.5 [***]

... Really good and slow set of hammers. Incline was pretty high today on these. Just enough to keep my form flawless and really beat up my brachialis and brachioradialis. Nice and slow reps with a very controlled negative. Beat the f*ck outta my brachioradialis big time. Forearms looked very vascular throughout this set.

Wrist Roller Flexion / Extension: 25 x 6.5 [***]

... Used my wrist roller today. Pretty thin piece of wood with a string hanging from it with a barbell attached to the string. Similar to a broomstick. By flexion / extension I simply mean I was alternating how I was doing the movement. Flexion I was curling my wrists toward my body, hitting my forearm flexors more (inner forearms); extension was lifting my wrists away from me hitting my extensors more (outer forearms). Anyway rolling the weight up to my hands was considered one rep. Anyway... AWESOME set! Completely intense as f*cking hell. Yelling like mad this was one of my most intense sets today at the gym. Forearms got PUMPED and vascular like crazy from this set. Really impressed myself with my forearm definition and size and vascularity and everything like that.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls: 80 x 7.5 [***]

... Great set of reverse curls today. Forearms were SOOOO f*cking exausted from the wrist roller set I barely could handle any weight here. Was originally going to go with 90 lbs. but I dropped it down to 80 lbs. to make sure I got my desired reps. Going to try 82.5-85 lbs. next Sunday on these. Hammered my brachioradialis completely. Really slowed the negative to feel it even more.

Barbell Static Holds: 340 x :08 [***]

... Wow totally awesome set of static holds today! Really hit my hands and grip all the way. Knew that my grip was going to suffer today because those damn wrist roller sets f*cked up my forearms big time. Totally exausted them 100%. Anyway up in weight here from the last time that I did these which was good. Going to maybe go for 345-350 next Sunday. See what happens...

Training Length.
      Today my workout lasted 50 minutes. Little bit longer than usual but not a big deal.

Water.
      Pretty good amount today, but need more!

Weight.
      Today, preworkout and clothed, but without shoes, I weighed 202.5 lbs. Down since yesterday. Probably just water weight. My girlfriend Brittany said that my muscles looked a lot bigger since I was eating carbs etc.
    Last edited by MonStar; 05-03-2002 at 10:50 PM.

Originally posted by MonStar
    rookiebldr-
    Yeah man no problem, and again I would go with precardio and postworkout. Seems to be the best times to take them. What kind of carbs are you taking in postworkout? Simple sugars I am sure that you know are best.

MS
    I'm not sure if know best, but I've been using maltodextrin as my carb source for the last 8 months. One cup of skim milk mixed with Protein Factory's Post Training Formula Powder has the following nutrients:

• PF T.F.: 362cals - 42g P, .8g F, 46.9g C
      50% Maltodextrin
      25% CFM Whey Isolate
      25% hydrolyzed whey 520
      + Aminogen
      Skim Milk - 250ml: 86 cals - 8.4g P, .4g F, 12g C

Total:
    447 cals - 50.3 g Protein, 58.8g Carbs, 1.2g Fat.

I find it easy to mix up and take on the go. Try to consume it within 15 mins of workout. I've also started to take in a protein drink 30 mins prior to working out. My diet still needs some tweaking the make the most of it.

*time to create a supplement page in my journal*
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 04-14-2002 at 11:49 AM.

rookiebldr-
    Nice postworkout shake bro. Looking good. Yeah its good to take your shake directly after training. Yeah haha man listing your supplements is beneficial in your journal.

MS

(for a description of my diet please click here, for a description of my supplements please click here, for a description of my training please click here, and finally to view my strength goals please click here)

Week 1 | Day 3
    Thursday, April 15, 2002

Cardio.
      Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating one minute of level 6 with one minute of level 8.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk + 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. low-fat butter
      (610 calories, 56g protein, 59g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple
      (290 calories, 26g protein, 24g carbs, 10g fat)

Meal 3: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + low-fat cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo

Meal 4: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk
      (400 calories, 50g protein, 34g carbs, 7g fat)

Meal 5: 1 oz. peanuts + 1 cup skim milk
      (250 calories, 16g protein, 17g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 6: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 1/2 Atkin's choclate bar
      (330 calories, 12g protein, 21g carbs, 23g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2260
      Total (g) Protein: 189g - 34%
      Total (g) Carbs: 184g - 32%
      Total (g) Fat: 84g - 34%

... Almost completely isocaloric today (33/33/33). That was pretty impressive.

Overall Comments.
      Feel good today I guess. I dont know I dont really feel all that good or bad to be honest. Just feel okay. Dont feel too flabby which is always a good thing. Something that I have noticed the past few weeks that I have been meaning the say something about was my vascularity. In my forearms especially looks really good. Been very veiny lately. Not sure if its due to the hot weather or or what. Not sure what it is but I like it!

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest and triceps are aching. Back is really sore, along with my biceps and brachialis along with my forearms, hands and brachioradialis. Damn I am sore as sh*t!

Sleep.
      6 hours! sleep last night. tuttuttuttut Pathetic but oh well. Didnt really have too much of a choice.

Supplements.
      Precardio: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

Training. Rest.

Training Length.
      Didnt workout today.

Water.
      Good amout of water today, need to keep it up like this everyday.

Weight.
      Dont weigh in on non-training days.
    Last edited by MonStar; 05-03-2002 at 10:49 PM.

Originally posted by MonStar
    ... Something that I have noticed the past few weeks that I have been meaning the say something about was my vascularity. In my forearms especially looks really good. Been very veiny lately.
    Makes it all worth while.

captain piddles-
    Hey thanks a lot man! I appreciate the compliment. Glad to see that someone other than me is checking out my journal. I try to keep it pretty detailed, etc.

rookiebldr-
    Yeah its always good to see some kind of results, really makes all the effort that you put into the diet worthwhile I think.

MS

... After some PMs with Severed Ties I have revised my diet 100%. Check it out its like the 2nd post of this journal. Really think I am going to get some results with it.

MS

Week 1 | Day 4
    Thursday, April 16, 2002

Cardio.
      Postworkout: 15 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      (590 calories, 56g protein, 56g carbs, 14g fat)

Meal 2: 1 oz. peanuts + 2 cups 1% milk
      (370 calories, 24g protein, 29g carbs, 19g fat)

Meal 3: 2 slices whole wheat bread + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 2 slices low-fat cheese + turkey breast

Meal 4: Atkin's choclate bar
      (150 calories, 3g protein, 2g carbs, 12g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + Smarties + Sweettarts
      (410 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 6: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple
      (290 calories, 26g protein, 25g carbs, 10g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2190
      Total (g) Protein: 182g - 34%
      Total (g) Carbs: 196g - 36%
      Total (g) Fat: 73g - 30%

... A tad higher in carbs and lower in fat but nothing big enough to worry about.

Overall Comments.
      Damn it must have just been hot in school today because I was completely drenched in sweat. Never been so hot in my life holy sh*t. Couldnt believe how f*cking hot it was. Anyway the heat made me feel a little drowsy, but oh well not too big of a deal. Still looking forward to an excellent workout today. Hope so at least. Looking forward to my refeed days coming up Thursday and Friday - even though theyre not cheat days I will be able to eat some more food which is always nice. Mood wasnt too good today unfortunately got easily agitated with my girlfriend and acted insecure and retarded. Need to work on my mood.

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest and triceps are kinda sore, nothing too major at all. Back is hurting pretty badly, forearms and hands are pretty sore. Biceps are aching. Oh well nothing TOO bad I think my soreness has decreased a lot since NHE because of my increased carb intake.

Sleep.
      8 hours sleep last night. Good amount of sleep really looking forward to an excellent leg workout today.

Supplements.
      With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 50 mg. zinc + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Adrenalin

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

Preworkout: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

Postworkout: 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes, Calves.
      Back Squats: 345 x 7.5 [***]

... Awesome set of squats today!! Holy sh*t very very intense. Might not have gone COMPLETELY 90 degrees but I definitely went far enough. I dont think that really makes THAT much of a difference anyway. Anyway I wasnt sure how many reps I was going to get with this weight. This is only 60 lbs. off of my all time goal squat weight! When I made up those squat goals I completely was guessing WAY WAY over what I thought I would be able to do. No matter what. I mean seriously I didnt expect to acheive those goals anytime in the next 3-5 months. Maybe I will... Awesome set! Totally intense, good ROM, hit legs hard as f*ck. Really good set overall. Going to make a small increase next Tuesday to 350.

Leg Presses: 775 x 6.5 [***]

... Good set of leg presses here. Really went all out on this set. Hammered the f*cking hell outta my legs and my quads and everything like that. Very intense set. This weight is definitely hard as f*ck especially right after a tough a*s set of squats like that. Totally wasnt sure how many reps I was going to get. Used my hands alongside my quads to make sure that I didnt lose control or hit failure and drop the weight on myself. Anyway hit my quads and glutes and hamstrings very very hard. Good set.

Seated Leg Extensions: 230 x 7.5 [***]

... Took a bit of a break between exercises here because I was f*cking around waiting for some jacka*s to get off the machine. Oh well. Anyway did 230 today, up from last week. Actually I am really nearing stacking out the entire machine. Haha once I hit 250 that will really be impressive. Probably will try 240 lbs. next week and see how that goes.

Lying Leg Curls: 140 x 8 [***]

... Never done these before, really really like them. They completely hit my hamstring and glutes all the way. Hamstrings got some awesome contractions doing these f*ckers. Good burn deep in my hamstrings. Really felt it good. Like these just as much as my regular seated leg curls.

Seated Leg Curls: 190 x 7.5 [***]

... Good set here. Gradually upping my weight on these. Hope to get to the entire stack within the next few months. (250 lbs.) Hit my hamstrings hard with these. Flexed them hard at the bottom of every rep.

Standing Cable Pull Throughs: 100 x 8 [***]

... Wow REALLY like these!! Did them with a rope at the low cable station. Only did 100 lbs. and they f*cked up my glutes BIG TIME! My girlfriend was saying I looked like I was having sex, thats always nice. I am almost totally positive that no one else in my gym does these, or has seen them before. Thats always nice but anyway, hit my lower back and my glutes like CRAZY. Flexed the f*ck outta my glutes at the top of every rep. Good set.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises: 280 x 14.5 [***]

... Good set here, hit my calves hard. Awesome burn throughout my lower legs. Really hammered them all the way. Flexed hard at the top of the movement and stretched them out at the bottom of the exercise. Good set. Good burn, good ROM. Maybe up the weight by 5 lbs. next Tuesday see how my body handles that.

Leg Press Calf Raises: 500 x 14.5 [***]

... Wow these are a LOT different than my old gym. The leg press platform slopes at the bottom, for calf raises I guess..? Anyway it slopes down and into itself. WOW these made the calf raises f*cking impossible. I put on 725 because I figured I would be okay with that and of course I could barely get any reps at all. Its a
      much more controlled motion, but much harder. Awesome ROM and good stretch at the bottom. Need to get used to these.

Seated Calf Raises: 260 x 13 [***]

... Good set of calf raises here. I am not sure how many full ROM reps I got here so I estimated 13. I got around 15-16 reps but the last few were pretty pathetic, ROM wise. Talked to my girlfriend throughout the entire set so that kind of distracted me a little. Oh well good burn and good set none the less.

Training Length.
      Workout today lasted 45 minutes. Okay length I guess would have been shorter if the gym was less busy.

Water.
      Good amont of water today I think. Was basically sweating all day long so amply H20 intake is a necessity no doubt about it.

Weight.
      Preworkout today, clothed, but without shoes, I weighed 200.5 lbs. Good weight I think. Want to stay around the 200 lbs. mark or so and just tighten up my abs and all that. Sharpen up for summer.
    Last edited by MonStar; 05-03-2002 at 10:48 PM.

Will be interesting to see how your body reacts to the changes you have made.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

ericg-
    Yeah man going from a completely carb depleted state to a rather carbohydrate full state. Really a different diet completely. Almost all the foods I eat on my current diet, except postworkout Smarties / Sweettarts, are clean foods. This is what I think will really help me out. I mean we will see how things go. I am pretty sure if my bf% isnt dropping quickly at least my strength in the gym will increase. My main 2 goals at this point are (1) losing that last bit of stubborn fat in my abs and lower pecs, (2) increasing my strength levels in the gym. Hope both will be accomplished with this diet, in this journal, hope so.

MS

Monstar said,
    Weight.

My girlfriend Brittany said that my muscles looked a lot bigger since I was eating carbs etc.

*** My fiance just rubs my tummy and says I'm fat.
    I think I may go with the powder you suggested bro.
    I'll probally start off with a gram a day and go from there.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo